Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by SpunkySix »

bhtooefr wrote:I'll just note that I'm weird, in that I'm wired such that I actually can't feel any sort of strong attraction unless the seeds of friendship have already been sown.

Like, I can recognize that I'd be especially physically attracted to someone that I see, but without the prerequisites for any sort of real attraction being in place (that is, the emotional connection), I won't feel any attraction towards that woman.
You need some contextual friendship satisfaction before you get in on the sexual action. I get that.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
TK8305

Post by TK8305 »

Yeah I'm sort of the same way. Need to know them well in addition to the attraction being there.
My YouTube | My Twitter[/font][/size]<p>Currently LPing: Pokemon Diamond (NDS) / Link's Birthday DX (ZC)
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

dewelar wrote: As it should be. I was just pointing out that if you take Shizune and change her established sexual orientation, it would make her a completely different person on a very basic level. Unlike one's favorite fruit, one's sexual orientation informs large swaths of a person's thoughts, feelings and experiences. It would thereby change the dynamic of the Shizune-Misha relationship from day one in ways that we cannot foresee.
I suppose I feel a little to strongly on the subject to provide an objective response, so thanks for responding calmly and intelligently. I'll agree that it changes one's life experiences in many ways, I just think Shizune wouldn't change all that much. After all, she keeps her feelings (or maybe it was just me) under lock and key for a long time.

As for the personality argument, I'd agree that Shizune and Misha would have to equal out in terms of aggressiveness and openness. I'd think Shizune would see it as a personal challenge if she like Misha though, and that may help. If she was convinced that Misha was the only option, she might try to raise Misha's A-levels. It might not work out well with their current personalities, but it'd work out better than my Hisao/Shizune tree. (and I got the good end. The way I think as Hisao just wasn't very heartening when Shizune got emotional-ish.)

I don't feel comfortable just jumping into asking someone out (although my cockiness and reputation says that I'd probably get the date anyways.) if I don't know them as a friend first. Of course, I can be attracted to a person physically without that initial friendship, and I'm smart/skilled enough to extrapolate someone's personality from interactions with them and others, so friendship isn't really needed.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

Broomhead wrote: As for the personality argument, I'd agree that Shizune and Misha would have to equal out in terms of aggressiveness and openness. I'd think Shizune would see it as a personal challenge if she like Misha though, and that may help. If she was convinced that Misha was the only option, she might try to raise Misha's A-levels. It might not work out well with their current personalities, but it'd work out better than my Hisao/Shizune tree. (and I got the good end. The way I think as Hisao just wasn't very heartening when Shizune got emotional-ish.)

I don't feel comfortable just jumping into asking someone out (although my cockiness and reputation says that I'd probably get the date anyways.) if I don't know them as a friend first. Of course, I can be attracted to a person physically without that initial friendship, and I'm smart/skilled enough to extrapolate someone's personality from interactions with them and others, so friendship isn't really needed.
Wait, what? Shizune got emotional-ish in her route? I don't rememnber that my friend... I guess I'm just tired but I could sweat she was pretty much Shizune the Queen of Get-Shit-Done all the time. Even when Misha was depressed, Shizune was always like. "We need to help. Let's cheer her up. LET'S WORK HARD!"

I also think it's easier and more thoughtful to only approach someone with that in mind only after you know them for quite some time.
This is one of the things I liked about KS, it treats actions and reactions with realism. Imagine this: "Hey Emi, I'm Hisao nice to meet you. Nice legs you wanna bang later on?"
Yeah."
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

bhtooefr wrote:I'll just note that I'm weird, in that I'm wired such that I actually can't feel any sort of strong attraction unless the seeds of friendship have already been sown.

Like, I can recognize that I'd be especially physically attracted to someone that I see, but without the prerequisites for any sort of real attraction being in place (that is, the emotional connection), I won't feel any attraction towards that woman.
You're not afraid of the friend-zone ?
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

Zarys wrote:

You're not afraid of the friend-zone ?
That's what I call fearless.
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Not afraid of the friendzone. It exists for a reason. :/ And no, Shizune doesn't get very emotional at all, aside from Tanabata where she gets manipulative over the doll.

I'm back in action.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Broomhead wrote:Not afraid of the friendzone. It exists for a reason. :/ And no, Shizune doesn't get very emotional at all, aside from Tanabata where she gets manipulative over the doll.
Wow you are brave, I'll never be able to act like you.
This may sound stupid, but my way of dealing with women is more "only having cordial relations with womans to avoid the risk of having a crush on someone and being rejected, or more likely to be frustrated by the fact that nothing will happen because I would not dare try anything" (I don't say that a girl can't be really friend with a guy, but it's too risky)
But it is ultimately the same with guys (for friendship), don't connect with people to not be hurt if they are actually not friends, it does not matter to see that an acquaintance is actually an asshole or don't really care about you; but be cordial with everyone, to don't be seen viciously, invent a false life with false friends to your colleagues and they will leave you alone. (so I don't have too many awkward moments with people)
And at the end of the day, I can come back home, where I am absolutely safe from the outside after a hard day around people.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Zarys wrote: This may sound stupid, but my way of dealing with women is more "only having cordial relations with womans to avoid the risk of having a crush on someone and being rejected, or more likely to be frustrated by the fact that nothing will happen because I would not dare try anything" (I don't say that a girl can't be really friend with a guy, but it's too risky)
But it is ultimately the same with guys (for friendship), don't connect with people to not be hurt if they are actually not friends, it does not matter to see that an acquaintance is actually an asshole or don't really care about you; but be cordial with everyone, to don't be seen viciously, invent a false life with false friends to your colleagues and they will leave you alone. (so I don't have too many awkward moments with people)
And at the end of the day, I can come back home, where I am absolutely safe from the outside after a hard day around people.
That sounds awfully like Misha, actually. In her H-scene and during near the end of act 4 for Shizune she admits to having a very similar reaction, and Hisao picks up on it in the former scene.

It's not stupid, but it's not wise either. It's a very stable point (at least you aren't Kenji, afraid of contact with females.) for interactions. However, as is often said, you won't get anywhere if you don't try. My advice is to simply get to know a girl as a good friend, rather than going after her as a potential mate, then find out from her friends if she likes you. try to pick up on some body language. I can't suggest any good books or sites, but I'll say I notice that if her feet are pointing towards you when she's in class or talking to someone else, she is most likely more interested in you then whoever she's talking about/with, and/or thinking about you.

I'm back in action.
Atario

Post by Atario »

bhtooefr wrote:even with all of Hanako's problems, she tries, unlike Misha
In what way does Misha not try? She may not excel a lot of the time, but I don't think anyone can say she's being lazy. And if we're specifically talking only about the characters' central problems, then Misha can truly be said to be sticking it out better than anyone. She stays with Shizune despite the pain of having been rejected — maybe partly out of inability to know when to quit, maybe partly out of a sense of duty (Shizune'd have a much harder, lonlier time without Misha's help and company).
Jigoro's lack of acceptance of her Deafness would probably translate very well into how he'd treat her coming out as a lesbian.
Yep. My bet is he'd say "Eh, just a phase, you'll grow out of it" and dismiss her.
Now, you want awkward... if Shizune were a lesbian... I think she'd be incredibly attracted to Lilly.
I'm not sure I follow, but I do like where we're goin'… ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
SpunkySix wrote:You need some contextual friendship satisfaction before you get in on the sexual action.
There goes rhymin' Simon!
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Atario wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:You need some contextual friendship satisfaction before you get in on the sexual action.
There goes rhymin' Simon!
Stop rhyming I mean it!
Anybody want a peanut?

I'm back in action.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Atario wrote:
bhtooefr wrote:even with all of Hanako's problems, she tries, unlike Misha
In what way does Misha not try?
Taking charge, standing up for oneself, and also trying to challenge Shizune at times (think the chess game). Hanako's not good at it, but she does try, where Misha really doesn't, and ends up just latching onto Shizune, who runs her whole life for her.
Atario wrote:
Now, you want awkward... if Shizune were a lesbian... I think she'd be incredibly attracted to Lilly.
I'm not sure I follow, but I do like where we're goin'… ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Shizune seems to be into people who stand up for themselves and give her a challenge.

Who gives her more of a challenge than Lilly?
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

bhtooefr wrote:Shizune seems to be into people who stand up for themselves and give her a challenge.

Her dad.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Atario

Post by Atario »

bhtooefr wrote:
Atario wrote:In what way does Misha not try?
Taking charge, standing up for oneself, and also trying to challenge Shizune at times (think the chess game).
That's only not trying at things that are not her goals. She does try for things that are her goals.
Shizune seems to be into people who stand up for themselves and give her a challenge.

I see where you're coming from, but I think it's more like she just likes challenges, not necessarily the people those challenges come from. Plus, she seems to perceive Lilly as a shirker rather than an opponent.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
FelOnyx

Post by FelOnyx »

SpunkySix wrote:
bhtooefr wrote:Shizune seems to be into people who stand up for themselves and give her a challenge.

Her dad.
That's... a thought. Not a thought I wished to have, but it is indeed a thought.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.