Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

bhtooefr

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by bhtooefr »

This is an interesting article that I'm going to drop in here: http://namebrandlindsay.com/2014/08/12/ ... kill-them/

And some of the comments are relevant to your situation, LilyKitsune, specifically this comment thread (if the link doesn't go right there, it's the replies to salvadorali's comment). There are some counseling resources available for free or low cost, even if they're not the caliber that they should be.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
LilyKitsune

Post by LilyKitsune »

bhtooefr wrote:This is an interesting article that I'm going to drop in here: http://namebrandlindsay.com/2014/08/12/ ... kill-them/

And some of the comments are relevant to your situation, LilyKitsune, specifically this comment thread (if the link doesn't go right there, it's the replies to salvadorali's comment). There are some counseling resources available for free or low cost, even if they're not the caliber that they should be.
The thing is... it's not just this bad feeling. And the thing I feel causes it is very real. Its not this general malaise that I cant really explain. The explanation is right there.

As far as resources for nyc, it still costs a decent amount to get there from where I am. Nothing is closer.
tansub

Post by tansub »

Hi everybody, I was told this was the right place to do it, so I would really like to share my experience with you, about the game and life in general. This is about my personal story, I hope it won't be too boring and interest some people. After playing this game, all I want is to speak about it, but it's impossible with my friend/family

I’m a 18 years old guy. I’m not disabled, but I’ve always had a lot of small problems, all of them are too small to complain about but combined it’s very annoying to live with : I have genu valgum, asthma, very poor vision and hearing, I’m naturally fat (if I don’t take care about what I drink/eat I become fat really fast), I had to wear braces during 5 years. My self-confidence has always been very low because of this.

While I greatly improved physically and mentally through fitness, good eating habit, and meeting new people (I was exchange student in Thailand), I never realized that I am not the guy I used to be anymore.

Two weeks ago, a cute girl I know asked me out and kissed me. It was my first real kiss with a girl. She told me she had a crush on me. While I didn’t have big feelings for her before, she made me fall in love. For the first time of my life, a girl loved me and I loved her back. I could not even believe it.

I was already wondering how my future with her would be. Every day I was thinking : what should I buy/do to make her happy? I saw her again two times the next week, we could not see each other much because we do not live in the same city.

But after the second time we met, she didn’t answer to my messages anymore. She finally answered, saying she doesn’t love me anymore. I naturally asked “why?”. She simply said I was not an experienced guy (she already had 10 boyfriends before) and she didn’t like it. It made me feel broken. Was it the real reason? I don’t know. After 18 years I thought I finally found love, but it was an illusion.

A few days later, after recovering a bit I was browsing on 9gag and saw this picture :

I had already heard about this game. I thought it was some kind of hentai game in which you have to seduce some cripple girls. This funny post made me want to give it a try.

I can’t describe what I feel about this game. It’s very rare that a game can make me feel something, only a few games managed to : The Bioshock Series, The Walking Dead Game, and that’s about it. I’m playing Emi’s route right now, my first one.I’m just after the scene where she and Hisao kiss. And this made me feel incredibly bad. This reminded how I wanted to be with my girlfriend, how I dreamed it would be. But at the same time I’m happy, because I discovered a very good game that I didn’t even expect to find. The music, the characters, everything is perfect.

I hope that one day, I will find the true and genuine love I’m looking for.

Thanks to anybody who read this, and thanks to 4leaf for making this game.
FelOnyx

Post by FelOnyx »

Allow me to welcome you to the forums! We're generally a pleasant bunch, so long as you don't insult anyone's waifu, and even then, 9/10 times we just have a civil debate on it. Anyways, make sure to get to the other routes besides Emi's, or you'll end up like that bum Spunky over there. :P
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

FelOnyx wrote:Allow me to welcome you to the forums! We're generally a pleasant bunch, so long as you don't insult anyone's waifu, and even then, 9/10 times we just have a civil debate on it. Anyways, make sure to get to the other routes besides Emi's, or you'll end up like that bum Spunky over there. :P
I'd protest this, but I'm only like 35% of the way done still, so it's not even really something I can argue at this point.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

tansub wrote:
You will. Every experience, good or bad, is still experience and you will start to learn what you like, what sort of people you like, and what you want. It's all too easy to fall in love quickly when someone shows affection and then be heartbroken when it didn't mean nearly as much to them. Even with experience, though, it can still happen (it happened to me just before Christmas).

The most important thing is to not get jaded, or damaged, or have baggage and show it to people. Every new person you meet deserve the benefit of the doubt, to see you at your best and brightest. No matter how many bad things girls have done or said in the past, it's not the fault of the new girl you've just met, and she does not deserve nor will she understand any bad feelings you might be harbouring.
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

metalangel wrote:
tansub wrote:
You will. Every experience, good or bad, is still experience and you will start to learn what you like, what sort of people you like, and what you want. It's all too easy to fall in love quickly when someone shows affection and then be heartbroken when it didn't mean nearly as much to them. Even with experience, though, it can still happen (it happened to me just before Christmas).

The most important thing is to not get jaded, or damaged, or have baggage and show it to people. Every new person you meet deserve the benefit of the doubt, to see you at your best and brightest. No matter how many bad things girls have done or said in the past, it's not the fault of the new girl you've just met, and she does not deserve nor will she understand any bad feelings you might be harbouring.
Refer to my previous post about our good friend Emiya Shirou. I may make that quote my sig.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
LilyKitsune

Post by LilyKitsune »

metalangel wrote:
tansub wrote:
You will.
Some people don't. Ever. In all likelihood, I'll be one of them. The odds are not with me.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

azumeow wrote:
metalangel wrote:
tansub wrote:

Refer to my previous post about our good friend Emiya Shirou. I may make that quote my sig.
My favourite Shirou quote is definetly "Having sex means getting naked."

On a serious note though, "If you walk down a path you believe is right, you cannot be wrong" is pretty good.

Nothing beats:
Image - Rin Tohsaka
Though.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

WHERE YOUR AVATAR AND YOUR PICTURE FROM ?!?
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Zarys wrote:WHERE YOUR AVATAR AND YOUR PICTURE FROM ?!?
The avatar Is Rikka Takanshi from Chuunibyou demo koi shitai (Love, chuunibyou and other delusions). The picture is a quote from Fate StayNight Unlimited Blade Works route.

Btw Chuunibyou is the most adorable anime ive ever watched.

Zarys

Post by Zarys »

The girl on your avatar is adorable, I believe you.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

CoffeeDrive wrote: Btw Chuunibyou is the most adorable anime ive ever watched.

All of my YISSSS.
Rin (Tohsaka) is freaking great. UBW is teh bestest. Good life lesson for people. Dun give up. Dun do eet.

On an even less serious note, you'll die if you're killed!
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

azumeow wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote: Btw Chuunibyou is the most adorable anime ive ever watched.

All of my YISSSS.
Rin (Tohsaka) is freaking great. UBW is teh bestest. Good life lesson for people. Dun give up. Dun do eet.

On an even less serious note, you'll die if you're killed!
Definetly UBW>Heavens Feel>Fate
Fate was way too boring, HF was violent and saddening which actually made it awesome, UBW was absolutely incredible though.

Tohsaka is my waifu, next to Tezuka (And Rikka is quickly raising in my headlist)

Also this scene made my head explode with adorableness:

metalangel

Post by metalangel »

LilyKitsune wrote: Some people don't. Ever. In all likelihood, I'll be one of them. The odds are not with me.
I don't want to bleat out some phony platitudes, you've probably heard them all and they're just invalidating. What I will say is if you want someone, keep searching, if you give up then you pretty much ensure you won't find anything.