Iwanako: Mean Time to Breakdown {updated 2015-4-1}

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Leaty

Re: Iwanako: Mean Time to Breakdown {updated 2/23/2014}

Post by Leaty »

(deadfic)
Last edited by Leaty on Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Again, don't be afraid, takes your time. :wink:
And still good luck ! :mrgreen:
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
BaldBombshell

Post by BaldBombshell »

Art takes as long as art takes. Or to quote the late great Douglas Adams, "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Leaty

Re: Iwanako: Mean Time to Breakdown {updated 2014-2-23}

Post by Leaty »

(deadfic)
brythain

Post by brythain »

Leaty wrote:EDIT: I don't mean to spam my thread with progress updates, but I am getting really really excited.
I don't mean to spam your thread with excitement, but there it is, and here I am. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Reese8

Post by Reese8 »

Leaty wrote:Some interesting statistics: What I've published of MTtB so far amounts to 47,438 words exactly.

My next update is currently 8,000 words, and will be easily another four thousand words long before I'm finished with it. With last minute revisions, it could very easily go up by another one thousand or two thousand words.

What that means is that when the next set of updates is published, this story will be 25 to 31 percent longer than it currently is.

I know that doesn't exactly make up for how long I've taken with all this, but I'm hoping it helps.

EDIT: I don't mean to spam my thread with progress updates, but I am getting really really excited.
Ooh, nice!
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Leaty wrote:My next update is currently 8,000 words, and will be easily another four thousand words long before I'm finished with it. With last minute revisions, it could very easily go up by another one thousand or two thousand words.
Yeah, well, I was doing 14,000 word chapters before it was cool. 8)
Caz

Post by Caz »

Just made an account for this post. I've been replaying Katawa Shoujo recently and decided to see if there were any good fanfics about, but really didn't expect to read something like this, a bit off the beaten path.

It's... woah. Is it stupid that I'm having more of an emotional connection to this than most of the original VN? You've made a minor side-character into something fleshed out and wonderful, I think. The story so far reminds me of Rin's path, but going down even darker routes with her emotional problems and just the damn bad luck she's had so far. I really feel bad for her. Just seems like she's had an endless barrage of shit to deal with until Hanako and Lilly turn up at the end. My heart warmed on the last chapter.

I really like what you've done with Hanako's character. I think it's really believable that she'd take a more pro-active stance with a character more obviously broken than Hisao. On Hanako's path it seemed like she distanced himself from him as soon as he started his white-knight routine, and they had a pretty disastrous first meeting.

...Anyways. Sorry for the ramble. I just wanted to say thanks for writing this. Really excited that you seem to be about to continue this, as well. :)
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

(deadfic)
Last edited by Leaty on Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Leaty wrote:I hope that you'll like the next update.
This, I do not question.

Now, will your update get posted before my next chapter? Knowing whose PoV it will be, you might want to make sure it does... :wink:
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

(deadfic)
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Leaty wrote:
dewelar wrote:Now, will your update get posted before my next chapter?
"Beating Dewelar to posting a Helbereth-length update" is literally the most un-Leaty act I've ever heard described. But I'll give it my best shot.
Hey, now! I have yet to post a Helbereth-length update! Chapter 46 may have been nearly 8,000 words, but that's my highest total to date.

:D
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Blank Mage
Location: My own personal hell, with a metered internet connection.

Post by Blank Mage »

[quote="Leaty"EDIT: I don't mean to spam my thread with progress updates, but I am getting really really excited.[/quote]

I love status updates almost as much as I love new content. The alternative is dead silence for potential months on end. There's nothing I hate more than someone who doesn't even take the 5 minutes to post the word 'hiatus', and leaves his fans in update limbo, waiting for news that will never come.
And we're back.
-----------
"I wish I could convey to you just how socially inept I am, but I can't."
"I think you just did."
"No, I really, truly haven't."
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

dewelar wrote:
Leaty wrote:
dewelar wrote:Now, will your update get posted before my next chapter?
"Beating Dewelar to posting a Helbereth-length update" is literally the most un-Leaty act I've ever heard described. But I'll give it my best shot.
Hey, now! I have yet to post a Helbereth-length update! Chapter 46 may have been nearly 8,000 words, but that's my highest total to date.

:D
Heh, that's something I noticed myself; the longer I kept writing, the longer the chapters became. Glad to hear I wasn't the only one.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

Well this is one of my favorite on-going stories on the site, so I'm just popping in to say I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Take as long as you need. I'll take a very well written(not that that's a problem with you) chapter that takes a long time over something unready.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune