AaronIsCrunchy

Re: What gender are most KS fans?

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:
Zarys wrote: Queersexual queer
Magypsy
What the fuck.
I don't even...
Queersexual queer is weird. A magypsy sounds like some kind of occult grand gypsy.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Forever_ambivalent wrote:
Zarys wrote: Queersexual queer
Magypsy
What the fuck.
I don't even...
Queersexual queer is weird. A magypsy sounds like some kind of occult grand gypsy.
A magypsy is something to do with earthdound and a queersexual queer doesn't exist.

What's even stranger is that Zarys states that he respects other sexualities but uses the word queer.
I commend your respect to other sexualities especially with your extensive use of derogotary terms.
The proper term for those who are uncertain about their sexuality is androgynous I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Just because facebok has 87 different types of genders listed as options doesn't mean we need to .

In fact, it doesn't mean that THEY need to either.
Not Dead Yet
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Ambivalent, english isn't his first language. I'd guess American English is the dialect he'd use. Just putting that out there.

I thought Androgynous referred to how one looked, not how one was oriented. Latin would probably be Agnostic Sexualitas (Without knowledge sexuality) or (as a quick googling brought up) Incert- Sexualitas /ibi ambiguus, Sexualitas (Uncertain/Unsure Sexuality). Feel free to termify that as you will.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong.
You are wrong on both counts, those being the meaning of "androgynous" and the claim that "queer" is by default a derogatory term. "Androgynous" refers to a physical appearance that mixes elements of male/female or otherwise blurs the distinction. See David Bowie in any given era, Marilyn Manson circa '98, or any given character one could call a trap.

But seriously. For simplicity's sake, there is only a need for three genders:

Male
Female
Other

And on the subject of ridiculous amounts of gender categories, how long until we have to start specifically accommodating these people?
Last edited by Potato on Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Potato wrote:But seriously. For simplicity's sake, there is only a need for three genders:

Male
Female
Other
Everyone has a hiddener gender. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

... I tend to separate sex and gender, because otherwise this happens around one or two of my friends. (Those who think they know everything annoy those of us who do....) So the distinction is:
  • Sex:
    Male
    Female
    Other
The other on this list represents Eunuchs, Hermaphrodites, etc.
  • And Gender:
    HeteroSexual
    HomoSexual
    Bisexual
    Asexual
    Other
The other on this list represents specific fetishes that rule out both sexes. Transvestites are in their own binary category since the way they dress (for the ones I know) is not necessarily linked to their sexual preference.

I'm back in action.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Broomhead wrote:
  • And Gender:
    HeteroSexual
    HomoSexual
    Bisexual
    Asexual
    Other
These are sexual orientations. Sexual orientations are not genders. And you don't need to capitalize the S in the middle of words. :P
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
brythain

Post by brythain »

This might be relevant. Or not. Read the alt-text. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Potato wrote: These are sexual orientations. Sexual orientations are not genders. And you don't need to capitalize the S in the middle of words. :P
Bad habit sorry. Those are the words I use with my friends, I dunno where you live, so the connotation may change.

That said, if I just spunkied you, I apologize, I can update the list if you want.

And, yes, sexuality and gender mean slightly different things. But this isn't about that, it's about identity. Whenever I talk to my non Heterosexual friends, they identify as being a "Homosexual Male" or "Bisexual Female" or "Asexual Male," never "I'm a guy who likes other men and identifies as a woman." I know someone who does identify as an opposing sex than their physical sex, but the list as is can apply to everyone without going into personality traits, which is how I like it. If I put all the list's categories here, you might think I keep a book of everyone I meets personalities. Which I do. But it's long and boring.

I'm back in action.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Broomhead wrote:And, yes, sexuality and gender mean slightly different things. But this isn't about that, it's about identity. Whenever I talk to my non Heterosexual friends, they identify as being a "Homosexual Male" or "Bisexual Female" or "Asexual Male," never "I'm a guy who likes other men and identifies as a woman." I know someone who does identify as an opposing sex than their physical sex, but the list as is can apply to everyone without going into personality traits, which is how I like it. If I put all the list's categories here, you might think I keep a book of everyone I meets personalities. Which I do. But it's long and boring.
Sexuality and gender mean very very different things, actually. Sexuality is a blanket term encompassing many concepts and things, only one of which is gender. Gender is just the sex a person identifies as despite what their chromosomes dictate.

And all genders outside the male-female binary are non-specifically encompassed by "genderqueer". So a list as short as three options can technically apply to everyone. :P

And really, your friends' sexual/gender identities shouldn't come up in casual conversation so much...That's really awkward if that stuff comes up whenever you talk to them. The only identity they should bring up in everyday talk is maybe "your friend" or "Jason" or whatever. :lol: I'd think I was in a cult (or a sexy version of AA) if everyone I talked to specified their gender identity and sexual orientation to open each conversation...
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Potato wrote:Sexuality and gender mean very very different things, actually. Sexuality is a blanket term encompassing many concepts and things, only one of which is gender. Gender is just the sex a person identifies as despite what their chromosomes dictate.
Dictionarily, you are correct. Where I live, however, that is not the connotation. I'll be more specific the next time.
And really, your friends' sexual/gender identities shouldn't come up in casual conversation so much...That's really awkward if that stuff comes up whenever you talk to them. The only identity they should bring up in everyday talk is maybe "your friend" or "Jason" or whatever. :lol: I'd think I was in a cult (or a sexy version of AA) if everyone I talked to specified their gender identity and sexual orientation to open each conversation...
It doesn't. Aside from being an INTJ which means I know everything about everyone out of habit, (Look it up if you have to) when I talk about them and it does come up, if they are comfortable talking about it, I learn. But I also tend to have an opening effect on people, so people indirectly or directly tell me often. It only takes one drop of the ball, eh? That said, It's not that hard to guess if you check certain tells on a person. Chemicals and all that.

I'm back in action.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Broomhead wrote:Aside from being an INTJ which means I know everything about everyone out of habit...
In my day, we called that being a know-it-all. :P You crazy young people and yer newfangled abbreviations... :x

No but seriously: No you don't, and it doesn't mean that anyway.

The MBTI exists to assess entire personalities. Even ignoring its questionable-at-best reliability as a legitimate tool, oversimplifying its results into a single sentence is silly and quite a bit more than missing the point. Even if the single sentence were correct.

...So do gay males give off a special chemical? Is it different from, say, asexual females?
brythain

Post by brythain »

Potato wrote:In my day, we called that being a know-it-all.
In my line, we call it unnecessary reification. :)

Back to the original question, I'd hazard a guess that most KS fans are genetically male and identify at least partially as that.
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Potato wrote: In my day, we called that being a know-it-all. :P You crazy young people and yer newfangled abbreviations... :x

No but seriously: No you don't, and it doesn't mean that anyway.
Poorly written joke, apologies. INTJs attempt to learn anything and everything they can distinctively. So, when I see a chance to pry something from someone, I do if I can. Even if it's not 100% accurate with everyone, it's good shorthand. Also, that was the meaning of the Mark Twain quote. I don't know everything, I just learn about many things over time, so I have the air of being wise. Which is why people come to me for advice, why I argue so much, etc.
...So do gay males give off a special chemical? Is it different from, say, asexual females?
No, not what I meant at all. In the womb, Male-preference genders are soaked in more Estrogen, Female preference genders are soaked in more Testosterone. Furthermore, you are actually technically correct if a little off. Testosterone arouses male-preference genders and Estrogen does the same to Female-preference genders. Again, as a disclaimer: this is all stuff I've learned by written word and word of mouth, I am sure someone could disprove me somehow if they did a scientific test that didn't back me up.
Brythian wrote:unnecessary reification
... Love ya to. But it's easy shorthand for introductions. If I introduce myself as an INTJ to people, although awkward, you can hazard a great many guesses about my personality and life. Although, read previous disclaimers about me being completely wrong due to not actually doing personal research on the subject, preferring to read about monkey fingers than cut them off myself.
Last edited by Broomhead on Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm back in action.