Developments (Post-Lilly NE) [Complete, 2015-08-11]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

ogorhan

Re: Developments (Post-Lilly Neutral End) - Chapter 47 up 8/

Post by ogorhan »

Another excellent chapter, I was waiting for when another chapter was going up and when I saw it I literally stood up and did a little dance :lol:

As others have said its nice that we finally have a fanfic with shizune's mother being alive and the things we have learned that could possibly fit on why certain characters react in the VN. Also loving and caring shizune > competitive shizune haha.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
dewelar

Developments, Interlude 4: The Wake-Up Call

Post by dewelar »

brrrrt...brrrrt...

What the fuck?

brrrrt...brrrrt...

Ugh, my head...must've been a good night last night. Now who the hell is calling me?

brrrrt...brrrrt...

I fumble around, trying to find my phone. I find the base of the nightstand instead. Must've fallen out of bed. My eyes aren't even open, and it's already too bright in here, so I just reach up and grab my phone off my nightstand.

"Yeah?"

No response. I can hear breathing on the other end, so I know somebody's there.

"Quit fooling around, life's too short for this shit. Who is this?"

I can't even call what I hear next talking, more like...I don't know, sounds. After a few seconds, the line goes dead.

That better not have been you, Yuuichi.

That's when I decide to open my eyes and figure out what the hell is going on. Neither my head nor my stomach likes the idea, and I almost pass out again.

Musta been a REALLY good night...

I reach a hand out away from the bed, and there's something there. Nah, wait a second, there's someone there. And...I'm...not wearing anything. I reach out again, and I can tell the guy's not wearing anything either.

I know I'm gonna remember what happened eventually, because otherwise I wasted last night big time.

The second time I open my eyes goes a lot better than the first, and I can't help but notice that this isn't even my room. Video game posters on the wall...some fucked-up looking thing with a bunch of wavy lines and an eye hanging next to an old-school scroll...

Okay, it's coming back now...

Oh, shit, it's coming back now.

I look at the phone that's still in my hand, and it's not even mine. It's the same model, but it's gray. Who the hell buys a gray phone on purpose? Anyway, I look at the caller ID for the last number.

Hanako? Wait...that was...Ikezawa?

Yep, now I definitely remember where I am. I look at the person next to me, expecting it to be Hisao, but it's not. It's some skinny-looking guy with light hair.

Oh, yeah, the guy from lunch. What was his name? Kami-something...

Hope you enjoyed yourself. Hell, I hope I enjoyed MYself.

I look up at the bed, and that's when I see Hisao. He's still asleep, too, and unfortunately still wearing a T-shirt. Oh, well. Anyway, I think he might want to be awake for this. "Hey, Hisao," I say, nudging him gently. "Hisao, wake up, I...uh, I think I might have fucked something up for you. You still with us?"

Oh, shit...he's not...we didn't...oh, shit...wake up, man!

I start to shake Hisao a little, but then there's a knock on the door. "Come on, Hisao, I don't want the last thing you remember to be that...you gotta go out better than that!" There's a second knock, and it looks like I'm gonna have to be the one that answers it. I take a quick look around for my clothes, but I don't see them, so I grab the closest thing that'll cover me.

What the...oh, god damn it, a fucking sweater-vest? No time to be picky, I guess.

I pull the itchy thing over my head, and at least today I'm thankful I'm flat as a board up top. There's a third knock, and it's getting pretty loud.

Fuck. Like I need MORE pounding in my head.

"Somebody turn off the jackhammer," says the heap on the floor as it curls up into a ball. I step over Spirit boy and over to the door.

If that's you, Ikezawa, I'm sorry...

~~~~

Previous | Next
Last edited by dewelar on Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
brythain

Re: Developments (Post-Lilly Neutral End) - Interlude 4 up 8

Post by brythain »

That's what you get for digging into a Kenji-style aqua vitae collection. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Hilarity ensues in Weekend at Hisao's! (No relation to the fic.) I hope Noriko has a pair of sunglasses on her...

On a more serious note, I am guessing that it is Kenji.
Last edited by Mahorfeus on Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Well, we WERE getting kind of close to a resolution, so let's fuck things up some more ONE LAST TIME for good measure. :lol:
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Hisao, Noriko, Yoshi -- where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?!?
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Hoping that isn't Hanako, because that would be a really lame way for the shit to hit the fan. If it's gonna hit the fan, it needs to be directly caused by her actions, and she needs to know it.

I'm thinking it's probably Shizune and/or Misha with news about Lilly (and Hanako's phone call was probably the same thing), which is almost as bad, but at least they might not have anxiety cloud their assessment of the situation.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Maybe it's just Kenji and he won't even notice something's off.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Oh, good point, with her remarking that she's flat-chested, and pulling on the Swaggervest. Yeah, Kenji probably will think that she's Hisao.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

There's a lot of KS OCs I like, but Noriko is the only one I'd ever want to write recursive fanfiction about.
monkeywitha6pack

Post by monkeywitha6pack »

Leaty wrote:There's a lot of KS OCs I like, but Noriko is the only one I'd ever want to write recursive fanfiction about.
I agree. There's something about her that no other of really has
Wahahaha~.
hyroglyphixs

Post by hyroglyphixs »

And the nightmare begins..

Or maybe you're tricking us hmmm

Really though, the last 2 chapters have been fantastic, as always :D
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite" - Okabe Rintarou
El. Psy. Congroo~
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

Oh my things could go horribly wrong for hisao but like most said its prolly Kenji coming to complain about last night's "noise" :mrgreen: and wont notice its not even Hisao.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

As always, thanks for all the kind words, especially these:
Leaty wrote:There's a lot of KS OCs I like, but Noriko is the only one I'd ever want to write recursive fanfiction about.
I may need to find a bigger apartment so that I can have a separate room to hold my ego. If this actually ever happens, I may also need to add a balcony.

Anyway, a couple of notes about this particular interlude. First, I've had this sitting on my computer for a while, intending for it to be the anniversary post for this story. Unfortunately, the last two chapters took longer than I expected, so I decided to wait for comments on the last chapter to taper off before posting this. Happy belated one-year anniversary to me :?.

Second, this will be the last interlude, as we are officially in the home stretch of this story. I remember sometime last fall saying that if I was still writing this story in summer of 2015, then something will have gone pretty far off the rails. Well, that's technically still true, but I'm going to come a lot closer to it than I expected back then. I have obviously gone quite mad :P. Anyway, it's been a hell of an enjoyable ride so far, and I thank you all for it.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
brythain

Post by brythain »

dewelar wrote:Second, this will be the last interlude, as we are officially in the home stretch of this story. I remember sometime last fall saying that if I was still writing this story in summer of 2015, then something will have gone pretty far off the rails. Well, that's technically still true, but I'm going to come a lot closer to it than I expected back then. I have obviously gone quite mad :P. Anyway, it's been a hell of an enjoyable ride so far, and I thank you all for it.
Damn, I knew we'd all been taken for a ride somewhere… :lol: thanks for being such an interesting driver!
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)