Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Aura »

The previous page of the thread is a bit jumbled because of moved posts. Sorry for the inconvenience.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Aura wrote:The previous page of the thread is a bit jumbled because of moved posts. Sorry for the inconvenience.
It's cool, I kind of figured when I saw it.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Liminaut

Re: Ask!

Post by Liminaut »

AxlRosie wrote:Hello everyone, I'm one of the artists invited to take part on Music Box's visual novel. There has been a lot going on in the team recently and although I haven't been on charge of the public relations, I would like to give an update on the situation.

As it has been suggested a few times here and in other posts out there, it seems to have been a miscommunication and misunderstanding of a few points. When I joined the Music Box team, the ball was already rolling so I didn't catch many of the early legal details, but what drove me to accept the offer was the assurance that everything would be done as respectfully and legally as possible.

To reassure this respect and good faith, I'm happy to inform we have talked to a 4LS member and we are working right now to change any necessary details and agree to everything that was requested of us to keep the project going.

We are not playing victims, we are not avoiding contact, it was never our intention to be dicks or ignorant or insulting. It's our intention to respect 4LS's wishes and rights and do our bests to fix this miscommunication. :)
If one really wants to follow the spirit of Katawa Shoujo, then the obvious path is to create original and intriguing characters in an original and detailed setting dealing with emotional issues in an original, nuanced, and mature manner and with at the very least a freaking original name, and I somehow imagine everybody would be OK with that.
Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

SpunkySix wrote:
Oddball wrote:Well, something is happening there. If you go to the blog, the logo is glitched up with the "Katawa shoujo" part replaced with "Please stand by technical difficulties."
Huh. Interesting...

Oh, and that Hivemind interview was great. Very informative, and hearing a dev's voice articulating it all was pretty cool.
You watched the interview? I thought no one did!

I loved it!
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Sohtak wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
Oddball wrote:Well, something is happening there. If you go to the blog, the logo is glitched up with the "Katawa shoujo" part replaced with "Please stand by technical difficulties."
Huh. Interesting...

Oh, and that Hivemind interview was great. Very informative, and hearing a dev's voice articulating it all was pretty cool.
You watched the interview? I thought no one did!

I loved it!
Of course dude, couldn't miss out on that. :)
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Xolf

Post by Xolf »

Aye, I found those interviews independently a few days ago too, very enjoyable.

Not that I'd dream of dropping unsubtle hints or anything, but wouldn't it be neato if any of the other developers were ever inspired to participate too?

>.>

<.<
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

Xolf wrote:Aye, I found those interviews independently a few days ago too, very enjoyable.

Not that I'd dream of dropping unsubtle hints or anything, but wouldn't it be neato if any of the other developers were ever inspired to participate too?

>.>

<.<
I think all the other's rejected. Not that I blame them.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

I guess this is where I'd talk about it.

I've been sculpting a lot lately, and was thinking about sculpting one of the girls. Probably Rin, though, if that turns out not totally stupid, I'd be more than happy to do the other girls.

(Keiichi reminder: Suggestions are illegal. Just making sure no one gets hurt Image)
HayStack44

Post by HayStack44 »

If one really wants to follow the spirit of Katawa Shoujo, then the obvious path is to create original and intriguing characters in an original and detailed setting dealing with emotional issues in an original, nuanced, and mature manner and with at the very least a freaking original name, and I somehow imagine everybody would be OK with that.
Basically they do what Missing Stars and Love Despite did.

If they follow through and make something original and good then all power to them, but as it is their attitude stinks and has tainted this project.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Hello guys, nobody knows the meaning of the katana in the second box ? (What the therapist wrote)
http://i.imgur.com/bI8Lo.png
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Zarys wrote:Hello guys, nobody knows the meaning of the katana in the second box ? (What the therapist wrote)
It will either be Kanji or Kana (Although I think it is Kanji). Not katana, Katana is a type of sword.

午 Is "Noon", and it looks like the first Kanji is that plus an extra stroke, but i cant figure out what that would be.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Thanks, if you want the full context :
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Zarys wrote:Hello guys, nobody knows the meaning of the katana in the second box ? (What the therapist wrote)
少年 - boy
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Aura wrote:
少年 - boy
Thanks so much Aura ! :mrgreen:
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
turbulentDuvet

Post by turbulentDuvet »

This needs to be kerbed soon, they are gaining traction already (looks like everyone loves KS)

http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/13 ... -shoujo-2/

Also:

http://www.gadgetspalace.com/there-will ... ujo-2.html

^ This one looks like it has been fed to google translate twice ^ :/

The articles went up yesterday, the writer says he has played through KS (adult bits turned off)... Too much spare time :O
People are like chemicals, they only need to come together once and they can change eachother forever.