KS-Inspired EDM EP In The Works

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

SpunkySix

Re: KS-Inspired EDM EP In The Works

Post by SpunkySix »

Kierious wrote:Thinking about making Emi more of a Hardstyle song, I'm just not sure how it would fit her.
First off, really nice work. It's always fun listening to fan music, and this is no exception.

As for the quoted part, I agree that would be a good idea due to the high amounts of bass and fast beats working with her as a character. If I could suggest something, it'd be to make it more of a hard trance song, since running tends to be pretty graceful/fluid when you get into a really good rhythm. I'm no music expert though, so take this with a sizable grain of salt and do you're thing, and I'm sure it'll turn out cool no matter what.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Kierious

Post by Kierious »

For anyone here who's following me on Soundcloud, if you're annoyed at all by my endless versions of "Shizune", it's because I feel like I have a great song on my hands, and I'm trying to make it the best anyone's ever heard. Hey, maybe people who don't like KS may like Shizune. Which would be quite funny, as people who have played KS don't seem to like her all that much. xD

Stay tuned! Shizune v3 will be out tomorrow, maybe a v1 of Emi as well if I can pull my head out of KS long enough to bash out a good idea.

Also, I've been thinking of trying to figure out an album cover, but I'm not sure if I wanna go with the idea I have in my head. Basically, some sort of KS-EDM culture crossover, although EDM is quite a wide description which could fit anything. I guess what I was thinking of for this EP is like a fanart-style drawing of one of the girls (Preferably Emi,) in the sort of attire someone who goes to Electric Daisy Carnival or Ultra Festival might wear while there. I was thinking Emi because she just gives me the vibes that I'd expect from a fan of modern electronic music.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Kierious wrote:For anyone here who's following me on Soundcloud, if you're annoyed at all by my endless versions of "Shizune", it's because I feel like I have a great song on my hands, and I'm trying to make it the best anyone's ever heard. Hey, maybe people who don't like KS may like Shizune. Which would be quite funny, as people who have played KS don't seem to like her all that much. xD
Take as long as you need, it's gonna sound awesome :D (And for the record, I don't see people's dislike for Shizune, I think she's great!)

Also, I've been thinking of trying to figure out an album cover, but I'm not sure if I wanna go with the idea I have in my head. Basically, some sort of KS-EDM culture crossover, although EDM is quite a wide description which could fit anything. I guess what I was thinking of for this EP is like a fanart-style drawing of one of the girls (Preferably Emi,) in the sort of attire someone who goes to Electric Daisy Carnival or Ultra Festival might wear while there. I was thinking Emi because she just gives me the vibes that I'd expect from a fan of modern electronic music.
Emi would be good, although I must admit some kind of EDM variation on the logo was my first thought (quite what that would be, I dunno :P)
Perhaps something like this: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/33ZprczVr_k/maxresdefault.jpg, only a bit different and with a bit more Emi. You may not want to, mind, as it is also a grindcore album, albeit a bloody good one :D
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Kierious

Post by Kierious »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Kierious wrote:For anyone here who's following me on Soundcloud, if you're annoyed at all by my endless versions of "Shizune", it's because I feel like I have a great song on my hands, and I'm trying to make it the best anyone's ever heard. Hey, maybe people who don't like KS may like Shizune. Which would be quite funny, as people who have played KS don't seem to like her all that much. xD
Take as long as you need, it's gonna sound awesome :D (And for the record, I don't see people's dislike for Shizune, I think she's great!)

Emi would be good, although I must admit some kind of EDM variation on the logo was my first thought (quite what that would be, I dunno :P)
Perhaps something like this: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/33ZprczVr_k/maxresdefault.jpg, only a bit different and with a bit more Emi. You may not want to, mind, as it is also a grindcore album, albeit a bloody good one :D
Stop the presses. We've got a winner.

No, I'm serious. That would make for a great album cover. Now I just need to find someone who will do it...
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Kierious wrote: Stop the presses. We've got a winner.

No, I'm serious. That would make for a great album cover. Now I just need to find someone who will do it...
Aaah nice, glad I could be of assistance! :D I would draw it, but I doubt anything I could do could do it justice (particularly as I don't own a graphics tablet :P)
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Kierious wrote: Stop the presses. We've got a winner.

Aaah nice, glad I could be of assistance! :D I would draw it, but I doubt anything I could do could do it justice (particularly as I don't own a graphics tablet :P)
This. I could do a color pencil drawing, but I doubt I could do it up to snuff for a real album cover.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Kierious

Post by Kierious »

Hey guys! I finally have a V3 for Shizune. I'm just gonna stop posting Shizunes up now, and focus on getting a new song out. Also, here's the link.

https://soundcloud.com/kierious/shizune-v3
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

Kierious wrote:Hey guys! I finally have a V3 for Shizune. I'm just gonna stop posting Shizunes up now, and focus on getting a new song out. Also, here's the link.

I think my ears are gonna implode if I listen to one more Shizune track, I've looped them so much :D
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
Kierious

Post by Kierious »

ParagonTerminus wrote:
Kierious wrote:Hey guys! I finally have a V3 for Shizune. I'm just gonna stop posting Shizunes up now, and focus on getting a new song out. Also, here's the link.

I think my ears are gonna implode if I listen to one more Shizune track, I've looped them so much :D

You should try remixing some of the existing KS songs into EDMs *cough*painfulhistory*cough*
*cough*

https://soundcloud.com/kierious/jitter-vip-remix

*cough*
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

You know, I'd never have guessed that was Jitter without going back and listening to it a few times :P Sounds good, I liked the bit at the end the most.

I really liked in Shizune the first 45 or so seconds and oriental-sounding interlude at 2:00 (seriously, I'm trying to figure out how to play that bit on guitar, I think it's awesome!)
Subjectively, I'm not a massive fan of more clubby-sounding EDM, and Hanako (which has become my favourite one) is much more my cup of tea. That said, as aforementioned there are bits in Shizune that I liked a lot, and I'll definitely be checking out any others you make :D

Kierious

Post by Kierious »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:You know, I'd never have guessed that was Jitter without going back and listening to it a few times :P Sounds good, I liked the bit at the end the most.

I really liked in Shizune the first 45 or so seconds and oriental-sounding interlude at 2:00 (seriously, I'm trying to figure out how to play that bit on guitar, I think it's awesome!)
Subjectively, I'm not a massive fan of more clubby-sounding EDM, and Hanako (which has become my favourite one) is much more my cup of tea. That said, as aforementioned there are bits in Shizune that I liked a lot, and I'll definitely be checking out any others you make :D
Interlude is as follows:

D, G, B, G, C, G, A/
C, G, A, E, G, D, A, G, E/
D, G, B, G, C, G, A/
B, C, D, E, G, E, C, D/

I also got the intro as well!

E, G, A, B, E, A, C, B, G, F#/
E, G, A, B, C, E, G, F#, E, D, E/
E, G, A, B, E, A, C, B, G, F#/
E, C, D, C, G, F#, E, D, E/

These aren't chords, although I can say that they're in E minor, or G major. And that explains why I'm jumping around the G major and E minor chords!

Edit: Oh yeah, Hanako V3!

https://soundcloud.com/kierious/hanako-v3

Edit: After careful reconsideration, I've decided to scrap my current EP material. This is because I feel I can do better than what I've already done, and the songs themselves are unrecoverable :(

I may do a re-mix of these songs, just so they sound up to par with the current EDM scene, but for now, I'm starting fresh. Watch out for the new Hanako song, I think it's miles better than the original.
Kierious

Post by Kierious »

Sorry for the double post, this thread seems a bit dead.

Anyway, I've finally finished "Hanako". I've just got to send it to my editors, and then it will be on Soundcloud for the world to see! Stay Tuned!
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Hanako's not finished yet? It seemed pretty finished to me! :P Can't wait for the final cut, as t'were.

Also, thanks for the notes for Shizune, I think I've got most of it sorted now :D

EDIT: Just saw the edit on the first post. What happened? :(

Kierious

Post by Kierious »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Hanako's not finished yet? It seemed pretty finished to me! :P Can't wait for the final cut, as t'were.

Also, thanks for the notes for Shizune, I think I've got most of it sorted now :D

EDIT: Just saw the edit on the first post. What happened? :(
Nothing happened. I just got better at making music, is all. I don't think the versions I have up are "EP" material. They're nice, but they're more ambient than EDM.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Oh right, I thought your computer had gone up the swanny or something :P

Hanako v3 rules hard. Is the drop around 1:45 different on this one, as I think I prefer it this time round. I think everything sounds a little more menacing than last time, or at least unsettling, which I think is a good thing (aside from dat ending, which is gloriously beautiful). Nice work.