Zarys

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Zarys »

ogorhan wrote:
d2r wrote:
Atario wrote:I've got a bad feeling about this: http://woodmusicbox.tumblr.com/
I get the feeling the devs are gonna drop the hammer on this guy. :lol:
Yeah thats not going to last long.
If the devs aren't the same, why they call it "Katawa Shoujo 2" ? they can makes a VN about disabled girls if they wants,(I don't think that the whole concept is under copyright) but steal a trademark and begin to makes effort when they know it's illegal...I think it's really stupid.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

Actually, one day KS2 might happen.

I'm not an expert on legal matters at all, I'm basically as good at it as a pufferfish might be at rocket science, but I do believe the copyright will eventually expire. It depends on the type of copyright and the country, obviously, but one day, if someone still remembers KS at least 15 years into the future, KS2 might see the light of day.

Maybe. Once again, I only have a vague understanding of it.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

ParagonTerminus wrote:Actually, one day KS2 might happen.

I'm not an expert on legal matters at all, I'm basically as good at it as a pufferfish might be at rocket science, but I do believe the copyright will eventually expire. It depends on the type of copyright and the country, obviously, but one day, if someone still remembers KS at least 15 years into the future, KS2 might see the light of day.

Copyright is, currently in england anyway, for works like this, Last authors lifespan + 70 years.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

CoffeeDrive wrote:

Copyright is, currently in england anyway, for works like this, Last authors lifespan + 70 years.
Well, it has been known to change in various places, hasn't it?

Either way, we can only dream.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Is REALLY the KS trademark so important ? creates a feelsy VN like KS, THIS IS the important.
And even if 4LF create a KS 2, in what it will be KS if there is almost no devs are still here ? only in the name ?
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Zarys wrote:

Is REALLY the KS trademark so important ? creates a feelsy VN like KS, THIS IS the important.
And even if 4LF create a KS 2, in what it will be KS if there is almost no devs are still here ? only in the name ?
Theres already 100(0)s of Feelsy VNs like KS, theres even other VNs which focus on schools for disabled students.

d2r

Post by d2r »

Not to beat a dead horse, but if you have that much energy and interest, it would be better to create a "spiritual sequel" inspired by the game, rather than a direct sequel...assuming you have the drive to make it happen.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

d2r wrote:Not to beat a dead horse, but if you have that much energy and interest, it would be better to create a "spiritual sequel" inspired by the game, rather than a direct sequel...assuming you have the drive to make it happen.
To be honest, I would do such a thing. However I have 0 capability for sprite art, CGs or music. I could code and help with the story but other than that im at a stump.

Zarys

Post by Zarys »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
Zarys wrote:

Theres already 100(0)s of Feelsy VNs like KS, theres even other VNs which focus on schools for disabled students.
Really ? says the 100(0)s VN as feelsy as KS !
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
HayStack44

Post by HayStack44 »

Because taking another IPs name, logo and whatever else, starting the project and THEN asking politely if it's all OK is the best way to do these things :roll: . Naivety rather than malice but the fact remains you ask first.

The project might happen, but the name, logo, locations and characters from the first game will not remain. I strongly suspect this will end up having as much connection with KS as Missing Stars.
Last edited by HayStack44 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
Zarys wrote:

Names please?

For future research. Not now, I couldn't handle it...
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
Atario

Post by Atario »

CoffeeDrive wrote:Last authors lifespan + 70 years.
More like "whatever stops Mickey Mouse from falling into the public domain", so effectively infinite. :x
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
HayStack44

Re: Ask!

Post by HayStack44 »

Discussion about that is going on here:
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9728&start=855

As it goes it's nothing to do with 4LS. It's some....people....who think that can take the name, logo and so forth without even asking and then openly state that they hope 4LS don't find out and if they do that they'll not have any issues. They have also complete misunderstood the licence and think that derivative works such as a sequel are OK as long as you don't sell them. Where in fact the part of the licence they are quoting says you can't sell ANYTHING and that you can't make ANY derivative works if they are going to be distributed There is a disclaimer saying its a non-4LS project but it's in the first post on that blog and not exactly in plain sight.

I think events will run a very predictable course in a very short amount of time.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I personally doubt it'll come to fruition, since 99 out of 100 projects of KS nature simply bleed out and die. Let's see if they're still dedicated after 2.5 years. Of course, the polite thing to do would be to make a spiritual successor rather than a coattail rider of KS.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

I think most of us wanted a second KS game. NOT a sequel. A different story but in the same setting. I don't know, perhaps 2 years earlier. We get to cast of KS as their younger selves while getting to know a completely knew one!

I know it's not gonna happen.
And if it does, I want something beautiful like this VN is. Not something half-assed.
I want something that makes my fur stand up, I want to shiver at the soundtrack like I do with this one and few others.

And it pains me to say it, but I want it to touch my heart as deeply as this one did. Though... like Bioshock before KS. The first experience is hard to top.
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."