How long a lifespan do you think Hisao is going to have?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

How long do you think Hisao is going to live?

Hisao won't reach his 30s
No votes
He'll die in his 30s
15%
He'll die in his 40s
23%
He'll die in his 50s
18%
He'll die in his 60s
23%
He'll die in his 70s
8%
He'll live to be 80 or older
15%

Total votes: 40

Oddball

How long a lifespan do you think Hisao is going to have?

Post by Oddball »

I'm just curious here as to what everybody thinks.

I have my own thoughts on it, of course, but I hate to start polls then give lengthy explanations. It always feels like I'm influencing the results. I'll give my own thoughts an opinions on it later.
Not Dead Yet
Steinherz

Re: How long a lifespan do you think Hisao is going to have?

Post by Steinherz »

Truthfully? It depends on how well he takes care of himself.
If we look at the routes, Emi's is the one where he might live to see his grand-kids have children of their own, Lilly's route might give him issues (but he family has money to help him so yea)

Honestly I'd give him the average life-span of 75-90 years.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Potato

Post by Potato »

It depends on all kinds of stuff but I'd say fifties or sixties.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Kinda depends on the route you choose.

I'm not a doctor, just a kid on the internet, but I'd guess that it'd be Hanako=Rin<Shizune<Lilly<Emi due to activity levels and such. Of course, Emi could push Hisao over the edge of his heart and kill him, so that'd put her at the bottom of the list. Eh, I stick to my original statement.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

I hate to be pessimistic, but the late 60s (maybe in the 70's but not 80's) seems the most likely for me.
Somewhat like between 65 and 75 ans; it's not bad and not unreasonable given the average lifespan of his generation in Japan; but I have to be pessimistic by saying he will probably lives shorter than most.
The age at which the heart begins to weakens naturally.

Except Lilly (because the second operation) I don't think that the other Routes than Emi are so bad; he can always adopt a healthier lifestyle after for his girlfiend/wife.
Last edited by Zarys on Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Dyno

Post by Dyno »

It really, really depends on what character he goes for.
Choosing Emi he'll probably live the longest.
And Hanako or lilly would make him live the shortest(because he gets hearthproblems in those paths).
oh and it would heavily depend if he kept on smoking with Rin after finishing with her.
Also, if he goes with Shizune and he gets another hearthattack later on, Shizune would't be able to call for help.
"you should try this game called: Katawa shoujo"
"what is it about?
"getting into relationships with crippled girls"
"Dude thats sick!!"
"While playing the game you get a syndrome that removes the lust to fap, once you finnaly do fap you burst like its your first time"
"where's the download link?"
FelOnyx

Post by FelOnyx »

Zarys wrote:I hate to be pessimistic, but the late 60s (maybe in the 70's but not 80's) seems the most likely for me.
Somewhat like between 65 and 75 ans; it's not bad and not unreasonable given the average lifespan of his generation in Japan; but I have to be pessimistic by saying he will probably lives shorter than most.

Except Lilly (because the second operation) I don't think that the other Routes than Emi are so bad; he can always adopt a healthier lifestyle after for his girlfiend/wife.
How is saying he will live into his 60s or 70s pessimism? That's a pretty good lifespan. Not fantastic by modern Japanese standards, but still quite a long time.

Personally, at first I gave him a likely death in his mid forties to early fifties, hitting 60 only with Emi's route, and a reasonable chance of dying any time from the second the game ends. But then I realized that he isn't real, and can live as long as I want him to, so now I say that he will luck out, and die at the age of ninety.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.
Potato

Post by Potato »

FelOnyx wrote:
Zarys wrote:I hate to be pessimistic, but the late 60s (maybe in the 70's but not 80's) seems the most likely for me.

How is saying he will live into his 60s or 70s pessimism? That's a pretty good lifespan. Not fantastic by modern Japanese standards, but still quite a long time.

Personally, at first I gave him a likely death in his mid forties to early fifties, hitting 60 only with Emi's route, and a reasonable chance of dying any time from the second the game ends. But then I realized that he isn't real, and can live as long as I want him to, so now I say that he will luck out, and die at the age of ninety.
Zarys doesn't know how pessimism works. :lol: And I like your logic.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Really depends on the route. I'll go with my favorite and say 60, since it's roughly double what was expected before he began exercising regularly and strengthening his heart beyond what he had to do.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

I think it's up to him, but also not up to him. If he lives a healthy lifestyle while at the same time not pushing his limits, I believe he can live a relatively long life. However, nature is pretty unpredictable. There are variables he can't control, which could lead to an early demise. Like a meteorite striking him in the chest.
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

KeiichiO wrote:I think it's up to him, but also not up to him. If he lives a healthy lifestyle while at the same time not pushing his limits, I believe he can live a relatively long life. However, nature is pretty unpredictable. There are variables he can't control, which could lead to an early demise. Like a meteorite striking him in the chest.
Jeez, if I (As hisao) knew that I would die of stress (Fairly literally, even if I didn't have Arrhythmia triggered by emotions, I have Migraines that are stress induced.)

Just imagining that... I would barely go outside or even let people near me. I can build robots with cameras and monitors.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
ZeronosVega

Post by ZeronosVega »

To be honest, I've not given it much thought. Though if I had to hazard a guess, I would say that he lives at least into his 60's. However, there are a number of unpredictable factors which can influence his life expectancy, which makes guessing his life expectancy that much harder. This includes but is not limited to lifestyle choices, advances in medical science, and freak accidents (meteor showers included).
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

I guess I'm the pessimistic one here.

Not only does the kid have a messed-up heart that could go on him at literally any time, but he's taking a whole wad of medications with some really creative side-effects. I went though that medicine wall-o-words carefully. Do you have any idea how many times 'hallucinations' is mentioned as a possible side effect?

I'm going for dead in the mid-30's. If his heart doesn't get him his meds will.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Liminaut wrote:I guess I'm the pessimistic one here.

Not only does the kid have a messed-up heart that could go on him at literally any time, but he's taking a whole wad of medications with some really creative side-effects. I went though that medicine wall-o-words carefully. Do you have any idea how many times 'hallucinations' is mentioned as a possible side effect?

I'm going for dead in the mid-30's. If his heart doesn't get him his meds will.
I agree. Mid-30s is a reasonably expectation. Although sentimentality leads to hope. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

People with Long QT are expected to live normal lives but there is the risk of a sudden episode being too much. source