What scene made you "cry" the most

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: What scene made you "cry" the most

Post by SpunkySix »

Mandalorian wrote:This scene:
The pain visible in her eyes really is something.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Yeah, this one got me second time round. For some reason Hanako's route required a second playthrough to get any kind of reaction out of me, good or bad.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Rins good ending was immensely D'aww tears of happiness.
Emis graveyard scene had me almost in tears.
None of the bad endings really got me, Rins neutral did though.

I've got 100% and the other endings don't do to much, even shizunes bad ending wasn't as saddening as some claimed, to me anyway.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
brythain

Post by brythain »

I think Lilly's neutral ending made me cry manly tears of frustration. As in, "Is that all???????" Damn! Triple-damn! It was the last ending I needed for 100% because I'd gone through her good ending and I didn't seem to be missing much, until someone pointed out you could get a neutral ending out of her.

Immediately after, I just had to go do something about it. It was that infuriating. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

brythain wrote:I just had to go do something about it. It was that infuriating. :D
And from that, the feels overflow thanks to your mosaic. Keep up the good work you Gunner.

Lilly was the final path I completed and I got the good ending, but when Lilly was leaving Yamaku, tears were forming in my eyes and I was sobbing "It can't be ending like this...where did I go wrong." Honestly thought the bad credits would roll at that point. And again at the airport, thought it was game over, but it was more of a stunned shock that time. Thank god that Passing of Time started playing or I think it would have broken me completely.

As for all out crying and as curling up and tears following in full force, that came a day later (July 30th last year). I was playing Aria de l'Etoile on loop on my iPod and my mind drifted to a girl I held feelings for back in University (and still do). Think of a mix of Rin and Misha (she even dyed her hair pink once!). I kept them feeling bottled up for nearly two years before being honest with her. He rejected me on the most gentle of terms, but it still hurt. But after a emotional six days of KS, the memories of the girl and the music reaching it crescendo, it burst the dam. Never cried over a girl before or since. Thanks a bunch Katawa Shoujo, you cruel yet loving mistress.
Last edited by Rhodri on Tue May 20, 2014 1:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Rhodri wrote:
brythain wrote:I just had to go do something about it. It was that infuriating. :D
And from what, the feels overflow thanks to your mosaic. Keep up the good work you Gunner.

Lilly was the final path I completed and I got the good ending, but when Lilly was leaving Yamaku, tears were forming in my eyes and I was sobbing "It can't be ending like this...where did I go wrong." Honestly thought the bad credits would roll at that point. And again at the airport, thought it was game over, but it was more of a stunned shock that time. Thank god that Passing of Time started playing would I think it would have broken me completely.

As for all out crying and as curling up and tears following in full force, that came a day later (July 30th last year). I was playing Aria de l'Etoile on loop on my iPod and my mind drifted to a girl I held (and still do) feelings for back in University. Think of a mix of Rin and Misha (she even dyed her hair pink once!). I kept them bottled up for nearly two years before being honest with her. He rejected me on the most gentle of terms, but it still hurt. But after a emotional six days of KS, the memories of the girl and the music reachings it crescendo, it burst the dam. Never cried over and girl before or since. Thanks a bunch Katawa Shoujo, you cruel yet loving mistress.
I think my internal response was a lot like yours, except I'd long ago come to terms that I wouldn't be ending up with the girl of my younger days. Then the feels. Then the memories. Argh.

Thanks for the kind comments about 'After The Dream'—that is a title which to me best conveys the feeling you get when you've played through all the endings and wonder what's next!
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Mandalorian

Post by Mandalorian »

SpunkySix wrote:
It's especially moving to me because I've had similar experiences in the past. Anxiety attacks aren't fun, especially when you're in a crowded classroom.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Mandalorian wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
It's especially moving to me because I've had similar experiences in the past. Anxiety attacks aren't fun, especially when you're in a crowded classroom.
Try it at a pep rally. God, that scene...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Try it while (in an extremely roundabout way, due to my anxiety preventing me from getting to the point) confessing to a woman.

Except with both the fight and flight responses firing at the same time, and nausea.

And worse-than-Hanako-level stuttering, which just amplifies it.

And she turned me down, too. Which I knew was going to happen, which is why I was even able to do it, I think.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

There is one more 'scene' that although isn't tear inducing, it brings out the feels with me.

The good credits.

You succeeded in you path. You're awarded with a stunning final CG...unless its Shizune. Fade to white. The credits rolls, Romance in Andante starts playing, the art evolution comes to life and you witness the development of your particular lass over the course of 12 years. Finally, your girl is smiling at you before the evolution screen blinks away as the final bars of Andante sound out and the 4LS logo appears. In that moment, you can't help but say "Goodbye" :cry: The rest is silence.
Goddamnit, why have I emotionally bonded to a bunch of pixels?
Last edited by Rhodri on Thu May 22, 2014 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Rhodri wrote:There is one more 'scene' that although isn't tear inducing, it brings out the feels with me.

The good credits.

You succeeded in you path. You're awarded with a stunning final CG...unless its Shizune. Fade to white. The credits rolls, Romance in Andante starts playing, the art evolution comes to life and you witness the development of your particular lass over the course of 12 years. Finally, your girl is smiling at you before the evolution screen blinks away as the final bars of Andante sound out and the 4LS logo appears. In that you moment, you can't help but say "Goodbye" :cry: The rest is silence.
I flipped a shit in my head after the credits rolled and then ended up here by accident in a bizarre blur of an emotional state. Totally understand where you're coming from. :(
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Rhodri wrote:There is one more 'scene' that although isn't tear inducing, it brings out the feels with me.

The good credits.

You succeeded in you path. You're awarded with a stunning final CG...unless its Shizune. Fade to white. The credits rolls, Romance in Andante starts playing, the art evolution comes to life and you witness the development of your particular lass over the course of 12 years. Finally, your girl is smiling at you before the evolution screen blinks away as the final bars of Andante sound out and the 4LS logo appears. In that you moment, you can't help but say "Goodbye" :cry: The rest is silence.
Join the club man, we have biscuits. Club biscuits.

But no, that is very well done. Does make me feel rather hollow though, like one of those really good dreams that you have, and then wake up and although it felt so real, it never can be.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Pandas

Post by Pandas »

Hanako before the ending when she break down in Hiaso's arms.
Pandas

Post by Pandas »

I swear this scene made me cry so badly. Not the worst but oh my gosh. Seeing someone.. knowing they're going through that... when you've built a bond with her and all.. that KILLED me.
Dyno

Post by Dyno »

I cried during rin's path (just after rin get 'green light' to the gallery) when you enter the room and rin is sleeping on the table.
when she started crying and the innocence track started playing.
I dont know why but it made me cry really hard and i went all out crying, even untill the point when you're out of breath and all.
"you should try this game called: Katawa shoujo"
"what is it about?
"getting into relationships with crippled girls"
"Dude thats sick!!"
"While playing the game you get a syndrome that removes the lust to fap, once you finnaly do fap you burst like its your first time"
"where's the download link?"