How long did it take until you started your second path?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Bruxae

How long did it take until you started your second path?

Post by Bruxae »

Im sorry if this has already been done, I couldn't find anything on the first few pages.

I am curious though, how long did it take you to start on a second path after completing your first one?

I was very deeply affected by my first time through so it took me around 2 weeks before I felt strong enough to come back and start a second path. I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience or if they just went straight at it.
CoffeeDrive

Re: How long did it take until you started your second path?

Post by CoffeeDrive »

About 15 minutes.
I got up, got a snack, grabbed a beer, went back to my tablet and started up a new game.

Sure i will still like "Da'w emis ending was so cute" but i was off on an adventure with lilly within an hour.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Dr. Casey

Post by Dr. Casey »

Let's see. Loading up my save files, I finished Hanako's route Christmas Day 2012, started Rin's route on December 27th. So I took a one day break between my first and second routes. That's about the average break time, scrolling through my saves. (Finished Rin January 5th 2013, started Emi January 6th; finished Emi January 10th, started Lilly January 13th; finished Lilly January 19th, started Shizune January 20th; then finished up the VN on January 22nd.)
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

About...18 hours, maybe? I finished Emi's good end sometime after midnight, and started Rin's that evening. Emi's route just gave me such a positive feeling with the good ending that I wanted to get back into it quickly. There was a much longer gap between finishing Rin's ending and moving on to start Shizune's route, though -- probably on the order of 3-4 days to recover.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Heh. Like, 3/4 of a year, give or take.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Potato

Post by Potato »

Spunky, you're awful.

As for me...I restarted onto Emi's path immediately after Kenji's end so...A few minutes.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
d2r

Post by d2r »

A little over a week. In my defence, I was busy with schoolwork after finishing it the first time & couldn't spare the time to sit down and have a proper go until I'd cleared my schedule.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

At least 3 months. About a week after Hanako's end good end crushed my manhood, I launched up KS a week later.

As soon as I clicked the start button, I saw Hanako there, just sort of looking at me, like "Hisao, you were the only person I've loved... And now you're betraying me."

Quit game. Open Steam. Play some PAYDAY 2, because nothing makes you avoid feels like robbing banks.

Eventually I came back, manned up, and played Lilly's route.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
Bruxae

Post by Bruxae »

ParagonTerminus wrote:At least 3 months. About a week after Hanako's end good end crushed my manhood, I launched up KS a week later.

As soon as I clicked the start button, I saw Hanako there, just sort of looking at me, like "Hisao, you were the only person I've loved... And now you're betraying me."

Quit game. Open Steam. Play some PAYDAY 2, because nothing makes you avoid feels like robbing banks.

Eventually I came back, manned up, and played Lilly's route.
This is pretty much my exact same story, I did Hanako first and just couldn't stand betraying her. 2 weeks later I started on Lilly's path.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I started the second path immedialty after I finished the first.

After I got all three endings for it anyway.

I didn't know there was three endings when I started, that's just how it worked out. I got Hanako's bad ending first because I bought into the cliches of the medium... and we all know how well that worked out. Then I loaded my last save but it was after I skipped going into town with her, so I got the neutral ending. Then I started the whole thing over again for the good.

THEN I started the next route. It was either Rin or Emi. I forget which.
Not Dead Yet
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

After I finished Emi's route, I felt it necessary to take awhile to admire her legless beauty. I drew fanart n' stuff of that nature.

I started Hanako's later that day.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

On a side note, I compelted the VN in 2 and a half days.

Though then i got Fate/Stay night, 50~ hour VN done in about 6 days.

I go full Hikki when my girlfriend isnt around i swear.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Right away. Ended up with Emi the first time, finished, went for the one who had interested me most (Shizune).
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

CoffeeDrive wrote:About 15 minutes.
I got up, got a snack, grabbed a beer, went back to my tablet and started up a new game.

Sure i will still like "Da'w emis ending was so cute" but i was off on an adventure with lilly within an hour.
This basically :lol:

Though I ended up on Rin's for my second runthrough.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

I literally finished Hanako's good end, sat there stunned, and then backtracked to an older save file. I was going on a dark oddysey.

Venturing... Venturing to the land of the bad end. Once there, I combattede thy darke monstere Feelse, sheddeth a singleth hypothetical tear, and perchanceth acquaintedeth myselfth withe olde englishe.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.