Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Atario

Re: The extent of Shi-chan's mutism

Post by Atario »

Munchenhausen wrote:Shizune's mutism is largely down to her deafness, right?
My pet theory is on this that Shizune's been told she sounded funny or strange when she spoke, or she just came to know that some people think of a "deaf accent" that way, and so chooses not to attempt speech in order to avoid people thinking that way about her.
My question is if she was pushed down the stairs, would she make a noise?
Depends. Are the stairs padded?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Atario wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:Shizune's mutism is largely down to her deafness, right?
My pet theory is on this that Shizune's been told she sounded funny or strange when she spoke, or she just came to know that some people think of a "deaf accent" that way, and so chooses not to attempt speech in order to avoid people thinking that way about her.
Aye, that's what I mean. I think I remember somewhere saying she was embarrassed by her voice, but I can't confirm whether it was canon, fanfic, or even related to KS :lol:
Depends. Are the stairs padded?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
ogorhan

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by ogorhan »

Well if someone is born deaf would they even know how to speak let alone have the correct prononciation? But then again if you cant even hear how would you even know how they are pronounced. I mean I guess you can learn it through reading or sign language (dunno if both are possible).

Or we can go with the other option that she can speak but choses not to.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

ogorhan wrote:Well if someone is born deaf would they even know how to speak let alone have the correct prononciation? But then again if you cant even hear how would you even know how they are pronounced. I mean I guess you can learn it through reading or sign language (dunno if both are possible).

Well, let's take the example of Hellen Keller. She was deaf (and blind) and still learned how to speak and even wrote her own book, though I suspect that was done with someone else's help.

My guess for people who are deaf but can see, however, is that they just read the letters and form the sounds in their head. It's just a basic instinct, I suppose.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

ParagonTerminus wrote:
ogorhan wrote:Well if someone is born deaf would they even know how to speak let alone have the correct prononciation? But then again if you cant even hear how would you even know how they are pronounced. I mean I guess you can learn it through reading or sign language (dunno if both are possible).

Well, let's take the example of Hellen Keller. She was deaf (and blind) and still learned how to speak and even wrote her own book, though I suspect that was done with someone else's help.

My guess for people who are deaf but can see, however, is that they just read the letters and form the sounds in their head. It's just a basic instinct, I suppose.
I doubt they can naturally hear those. I'd think she'd need coaching for that.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
ParagonTerminus

SpunkySix wrote:
ParagonTerminus wrote:

I doubt they can naturally hear those. I'd think she'd need coaching for that.
YahooAnswers to the rescue!

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

I would say she doesn't really know how to speak. She can probably attempt it by studying mouth shapes and trying her best to copy them, but as proved by other deaf people who try this, her speech will come out near incomprehensible since she wont know what to do with her tongue.

I expect her experience with speech is probably the case that in the few times she's attempted to use her voice, it's resulted in ridicule (Jigoro and/or other schoolmates) and has led her to take the mentality that using her voice is not only useless, but countrproductive.

Hence, she's built the habit of silent laughter. Her voice embarrasses her to the point that she'll even force herself to laugh mutely, and in turn she's been doing that so long that she does it naturally.

Which brings us back to my initial question.
Do you think if she fell from the roof, for example, she would scream instinctively or do you think her shout would be habitually silenced?
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
SiniisteR

Post by SiniisteR »

Munchenhausen wrote: My question is if she was pushed down the stairs, would she make a noise?
We both know there's only way to find out.
SpunkySix wrote:
Potato wrote:Lilly diddling herself
Lilliddy dillidy doo, bee-boppin' that blind bugaboo.
ParagonTerminus

Munchenhausen wrote:*snippydippy*
Screaming is a natural instinct built into our brains. It takes no conscious effort, so yeah, she would scream.

but not if we use chloroform

CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Your brain has built in functions to scream, cry, yelp, moan (Pain and sexually, or both at once, if youre into that.) and other basic functions. And you dont have to learn how to do it, as such, shizune could and probably would scream, but in other cases she would probably mute herself.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
brythain

Post by brythain »

CoffeeDrive wrote:Your brain has built in functions to scream, cry, yelp, moan (Pain and sexually, or both at once, if youre into that.) and other basic functions. And you dont have to learn how to do it, as such, shizune could and probably would scream, but in other cases she would probably mute herself.
If she had six legs and antennae, she'd be a mutant. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

CoffeeDrive wrote:Your brain has built in functions to scream, cry, yelp, moan (Pain and sexually, or both at once, if youre into that.) and other basic functions. And you dont have to learn how to do it, as such, shizune could and probably would scream, but in other cases she would probably mute herself.
And so is laughter, yet she's managed to train herself to mute that. Think it would cross over, or would she need to actively retrain each response to be muted? :P
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
Atario

Post by Atario »

Observe:
The game wrote:When Shizune sits up, I feel myself slipping inside, slowly enveloped by her below as her breasts lift away from my torso. An attack from two fronts, I think dryly considering the situation. How like her.
Shizune wrote:[I should just stop now, and leave you stewing in your lust.]
She says, as she starts grinding herself against me, causing me to blink at the sudden pleasure. Very funny, Shizune. I soon lose track of my thoughts.
Shizune wrote:"…sss."
Shizune bites her lip to muffle her voice from coming out. An unwanted voice. This is the most I've ever heard of it, and she blushes once she realizes she let it slip out.

To cover it up, Shizune drives herself against me harder, causing me to jolt against her, driving my erection deeper into her.

I thrust my hips towards her at the sudden sensation of movement, and Shizune fights against me, trying to pin me back down when I manage to pull my arms out from under me.

In that moment, her hips thrust back with even greater force in response.

The sound of Shizune's soft, restrained moans, and the sight of her bountiful breasts moving up and down each time her hips buckle against mine, grow more arousing with time in the stillness of the student council room.
Shizune wrote:"Mmphh…"
Shizune wrote:"…nn…"
I almost can't take it any more. The pleasurable sensations welling up between my legs, multiplied by the pressure of Shizune's weight on top of me, make it hard for me to think. My hips start bucking by themselves.
(Also note the quotation marks versus brackets convention of spoken versus signed speech.)

This says to me that she most assuredly is capable of making sounds with her voice, and of failing to restrain herself from doing so in more compelling situations.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

She can vocalize (but try to avoid) but not really speak.
She is no realy mute, but like many born deaf, she can not speak and sign language is much more efficient. (And I don't understand why Hideaki and Jigoro don't learn sign language...if Jigoro don't want, why don't allow his son to learn if he want ?)
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Atario wrote:Observe:

[Shizune H-Scene]
(Also note the quotation marks versus brackets convention of spoken versus signed speech.)

This says to me that she most assuredly is capable of making sounds with her voice, and of failing to restrain herself from doing so in more compelling situations.
With a contented heart, and currently a boner, I draw my case to a close.
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---