Katawa Seiyu

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

SpunkySix

Re: Katawa Seiyu

Post by SpunkySix »

EyesOfLilly wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:Can we talk about how they absolutely nailed Emi's voice for a second? Because they did, and I'm a very happy Spunky~

Dat giggle
SydSnap is the best Emi
That's her name, huh? Yes.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

SpunkySix wrote:Can we talk about how they absolutely nailed Emi's voice for a second? Because they did, and I'm a very happy Spunky~

Dat giggle
Really? It's nothing like how I imagined Emi would sound.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

KeiichiO wrote:

Dat giggle
But that's probably because you imagined it wrong. :wink:
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

KeiichiO wrote:

Dat giggle
Did you imagine her voiced by Nicholas Cage?
Because I did
._.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

i was imagining emi's voice as gilbert gottfrieds, and rin's as morgan freeman, misha as arnold schwarzenegers (just imagine his voice doing wahahaha =))) ), shizune'as charlie chaplin, they sound way too similar >.>"
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Kibaro wrote:shizune'as charlie chaplin, they sound way too similar >.>"
You know, that was my first thought when Shizune did that long, heart wrenching speech halfway through Miki's route :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

SpunkySix wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:

Dat giggle
But that's probably because you imagined it wrong. :wink:
I imagined her with a higher pitched, bubbly voice. Similar to what they have for Misha, only less obnoxious.

Also, being told your opinion is 'wrong' is getting pretty old.
Munchenhausen wrote:Did you imagine her voiced by Nicholas Cage?
Because I did
._.
Nah, Mutou was Nic Cage for me.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Kibaro wrote:shizune'as charlie chaplin, they sound way too similar >.>"
You know, that was my first thought when Shizune did that long, heart wrenching speech halfway through Miki's route :lol:
Yeah, literally heart-wrenching. Poor Hisao! :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I mean no offense to anyone that's put in hard work here, but none of the voice really click for me as what the character sounds like in my head.
Not Dead Yet
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Oddball wrote:I mean no offense to anyone that's put in hard work here, but none of the voice really click for me as what the character sounds like in my head.
But I think it fits, except maybe Hisao. (Too manly for me)
What would really be the voices of KS characters is subjective anyway.

It's me or Lilly voice sounds like "23 things Lilly Satou wouldn't say" ?
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I will say that Lilly's voice surprised me. I expected it to be a little different, maybe lighter, like Rosalina's from Mario Galaxy, but younger. Still good, just... caught me off guard a bit, is all. Upon listening to it again, I like it more than I first did.

And actually, Emi's did surprise me at first as being slightly less high than expected, but it just clicked so well that I accepted it on the spot as perfect for the character. As she even says, her voice isn't that high.
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

in my opinion everyones voice is good, not all are 100% suited, but its something we can easily get used to ^.^i just hope they release something new soon:3 and yeah emi's voice is my favorite as well ^.^
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Oddball wrote:I mean no offense to anyone that's put in hard work here, but none of the voice really click for me as what the character sounds like in my head.
Pretty much this. KS was the first VN I ever read, and ever since I've discovered that no matter what VN I'm reading, I eventually end up turning off voices altogether, and now I just don't bother to turn them on. I enjoy reading them much more hearing the voices I create for the characters in my head.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Even Shizune ?
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
brythain

Post by brythain »

Zarys wrote:
Even Shizune ?
I hear this in the background: "Hello, darkness my old friend…"
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)