Katawa Shoujo Made It To The Front Page of Reddit!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Katawa Shoujo Made It To The Front Page of Reddit!

Post by Aura »

Guys, this isn't the most constructive discussion I've seen in the recent times.

Anyway, it's interesting that KS can still occasionally get randomly mentioned and get significant traction in a place like Reddit's more mainstream subs.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Jovereign

Post by Jovereign »

I just thought it was really cool for Katawa Shoujo to get noticed like that.

The more people that enjoy this the better I say. :D
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Jovereign wrote:I just thought it was really cool for Katawa Shoujo to get noticed like that.

The more people that enjoy this the better I say. :D
Can't disagree with that sentiment :D
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
SiniisteR wrote:Most likely an increase in forum members in the coming weeks. The more the merrier. :lol:
As long as you dont mind an absurd amount of the following:
Le meme
XD
*Tip fedora*
mi'lady
And other euphoria inducing phrases.
It's not like this was posted to 4chan, tumblr, or some brony board.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Eurobeatjester wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote:
SiniisteR wrote:Most likely an increase in forum members in the coming weeks. The more the merrier. :lol:
Le meme
XD
*Tip fedora*
mi'lady
Yeah, 4chan has nothing to do with KS.
right?
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
Comrade wrote:whenever KS gets covereage there's a surge of new guys in the following weeks.
sometimes it ain't pretty
I just dread the day when PewDiePie eventually plays it ... :?
If that happens, I will issue an executive order to evacuate the forums for approximatly 3 months.

I mean really, pewdiepie subs are almost the worst of the worst.
The thermonuclear missiles stand ready for that fateful day.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Eurobeatjester wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote:
Le meme
XD
*Tip fedora*
mi'lady
It is very much like that, actually. Reddit is a cesspool equal to 4chan and tumblr.

Also, the KS devs went to 4chan at some point in time. KS sort of kinda started there. But, wherever it might've happened, it's interesting to see it can still get attention.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
ParagonTerminus

Potato wrote: It is very much like that, actually. Reddit is a cesspool equal to 4chan and tumblr.

Also, the KS devs went to 4chan at some point in time. KS sort of kinda started there. But, wherever it might've happened, it's interesting to see it can still get attention.
Whenever I see a trail that might end up following back to a reference to Katawa Shoujo's existence, I always try to follow it (and immediately get disappointed)

Tell me you've never searched Hanako or Emi on Wikipedia and hoped to see a Katawa Shoujo page.

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

ParagonTerminus wrote:
Potato wrote: It is very much like that, actually. Reddit is a cesspool equal to 4chan and tumblr.

Whenever I see a trail that might end up following back to a reference to Katawa Shoujo's existence, I always try to follow it (and immediately get disappointed)

Tell me you've never searched Hanako or Emi on Wikipedia and hoped to see a Katawa Shoujo page.
From all I know, 4Chan got hold of RAITAS original image, 4chan was like "Lets make this yo" stuff happened, art was thrown around, concept scripts started, then 4LS started to form, shit got serious, people not related to 4chan (The majority of the team now) joined in, KS as we know today was created.

On that note, reddit is indeed a cesspool, but they hide behind the *Le meme XD upvote pls* rather than 4chans, "Hey look, real life murder video"
Lets note mention tumblrs "Equality! Unless i can get a better result by playing the female card!" Because that just sparks alot of issues.

But yes, aslong as those redditors are of the "Human being" variety, which are actually a good majority, things should be okay.
Last edited by CoffeeDrive on Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

ParagonTerminus wrote:Whenever I see a trail that might end up following back to a reference to Katawa Shoujo's existence, I always try to follow it (and immediately get disappointed)

...Erm? Not quite sure about what you're saying here. :?:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

ParagonTerminus

Silentcook wrote:
ParagonTerminus wrote:Whenever I see a trail that might end up following back to a reference to Katawa Shoujo's existence, I always try to follow it (and immediately get disappointed)

...Erm? Not quite sure about what you're saying here. :?:
Yeah, I know, but take for example searching up Hanako, then going to fictional characters, expecting, awaiting... Yes, mission successful, Hanako Ikezawa is there.

That's what I mean.

Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Aura wrote:Guys, this isn't the most constructive discussion I've seen in the recent times.

Anyway, it's interesting that KS can still occasionally get randomly mentioned and get significant traction in a place like Reddit's more mainstream subs.
It must be impressive to see how something you have made causes reactions and a so great enthusiasm...strange and incomprehensible (because a creator always has a low opinion of his work than his fans), sometimes very tiring (because fans are sometimes...), sometimes very comforting (because other fans are adorable) but still an amazing experience.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Atario

Post by Atario »

CoffeeDrive wrote:As long as you dont mind an absurd amount of the following:
Le meme
XD
*Tip fedora*
mi'lady
So we're going to see an absurd amount of phrases 99% of whose uses are people trying to belittle and silence others?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Atario

Post by Atario »

Another post frontpaged today. I'm seeing this site having trouble responding to the flood of interest (cloud errors), and there's a massive uptick in torrent activity too…
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Potato

Post by Potato »

Torrent? The complete version is absolutely free. Torrents are just unnecessary. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.