Why Hanako Must Be Wearing A Wig

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: Why Hanako Must Be Wearing A Wig

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:
Potato wrote:Hanako's better off in her own route.
Considering that's the only one she got a boyfriend in, yeah :lol:
...Oh, if this were a feminist's tumblr-cave, you'd really regret that post. :lol: Not at all the implication I was going for. :P
How dare you consider having a healthy relationship a step forward? Hanako is a strong scarred woman and she ain't need no man to tell her what to do. Holla!
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

But why Hanako would hide her baldness to Hisao ?
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

SpunkySix wrote:
Potato wrote:
...Oh, if this were a feminist's tumblr-cave, you'd really regret that post. :lol: Not at all the implication I was going for. :P
How dare you consider having a healthy relationship a step forward? Hanako is a strong scarred woman and she ain't need no man to tell her what to do. Holla!

What do you mean a good relationship consisting of a mutual love is a good thing? Its terrible! Oppression!
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Potato

Post by Potato »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
Potato wrote:

What do you mean a good relationship consisting of a mutual love is a good thing? Its terrible! Oppression!
I wouldn't necessarily call what they have a good relationship. She spends most of her arc paranoid and insecure and shy. The last we see is really just the very beginning of a relationship. It could very easily go to shit from there.

@Zarys: Because chicks can't pull off bald.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Potato wrote:@Zarys: Because chicks can't pull off bald.
If you're bald there's nothing to pull off...
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Atario

Post by Atario »

NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Atario wrote:
Potato wrote:chicks can't pull off bald.
I wish to dispute this, good sir.
Me too.

http://unrealitymag.bcmediagroup.netdna ... splay4.jpg

Although I must admit, Hanako's purple hair does add a charm to her that would be missing if it was gone.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Potato

Post by Potato »

Proves my point. The rest are shaved/buzzed. Difference.

Plus, even if Hanako could pull it off, she needs that hair to hide behind. :P
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Sorry, my question was more about the "revelation" of her body; if in this scene she reveals all her scars to be totally honest with Hisao (Because he has shown his own problem; and in a sense to see if he really love her with her body) it doesn't make sense if she's hiding something like this. (She thinks to be honest by revealing all his burnt part but don't think that Hisao can love her if he know that she wears a wig ? but she wanted to show her entire body ! not seduce Hisao by hidding some unpleasant things about her body : if she wears a wig but can't pull it off, she would have at least said that she wears one to be honest with Hisao)

I don't know if it is very realistic that the right side of his face was burned without any dommage to her hair; but it's seems to me impossible that she wears a wig in the canon without we know already this fact. (Again, because the good ending)
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Zarys wrote:Sorry, my question was more about the "revelation" of her body; if in this scene she reveals all her scars to be totally honest with Hisao (Because he has shown his own problem; and in a sense to see if he really love her with her body) it doesn't make sense if she's hiding something like this. (She thinks to be honest by revealing all his burnt part but don't think that Hisao can love her if he know that she wears a wig ? but she wanted to show her entire body ! not seduce Hisao by hidding some unpleasant things about her body : if she wears a wig but can't pull it off, she would have at least said that she wears one to be honest with Hisao)

I don't know if it is very realistic that the right side of his face was burned without any dommage to her hair; but it's seems to me impossible that she wears a wig in the canon without we know already this fact. (Again, because the good ending)
Great, another guy taking a clinical approach to this. Can't we go back to discussing pubes?

Anyway, to reiterate my point from earlier, it is perfectly possible for her to have scars on her face without actually being burned there. My personal theory is that most of the damage was done to her back and shoulder and most of what we see running down her arm and curling up her cheek was the scars spreading, which can happen with a lot of injuries but is most frequently associated with severe burn scars.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

I don't think she's bald, or wearing a wig, but I also don't think her hairline is still symmetrical on the burned side.

But you'd also have to take artistic license into account.

In reality, even if those specific areas didn't burn, the skin around her eyelid and side of her face would be pulled taut by the healing, giving her face a slightly crooked look. You can see this in actual burn survivors and it's a very large problem when it occurs over large areas that flex like joints, the neck, the crook of the arm, etc. Surgeons implant water bladders beneath the skin to force it to stretch and grow so there's enough slack to take the pressure off.

I'd be more interested to see what happened to her ear. I can't remember, do we ever see it in any of the artwork?

The Hound from Game of Thrones has a much more realistic scarring. That's how I would imagine Hanako IRL.

Also: Yeah, originally there was a very different ending to Hanako's route. The route as a whole is a lot darker (as is Shizune's) but her good ending does end with her confessing to Hisao that she's pregnant.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Eurobeatjester wrote:I don't think she's bald, or wearing a wig, but I also don't think her hairline is still symmetrical on the burned side.

In reality, even if those specific areas didn't burn, the skin around her eyelid and side of her face would be pulled taut by the healing, giving her face a slightly crooked look. You can see this in actual burn survivors and it's a very large problem when it occurs over large areas that flex like joints, the neck, the crook of the arm, etc. Surgeons implant water bladders beneath the skin to force it to stretch and grow so there's enough slack to take the pressure off.

I'd be more interested to see what happened to her ear. I can't remember, do we ever see it in any of the artwork?

The Hound from Game of Thrones has a much more realistic scarring. That's how I would imagine Hanako IRL.

Also: Yeah, originally there was a very different ending to Hanako's route. The route as a whole is a lot darker (as is Shizune's) but her good ending does end with her confessing to Hisao that she's pregnant.

Well part of the problem with predicting what she went through and just how much of what we see is the scars spreading is that almost every artist drew a different pattern. It's possible the scarring never reached her eyelids and she had already received care from a dermatologist in regards to what spread to her neck and cheek, though yeah, we never know if it reached her ear or eyelid. I've heard that surgery could have restored her use of that eyelid, but i didn't follow up on that.

Speaking of Game of Thrones and the original drafts, not unlike Game of Thrones novels, the original drafts were a lot more dark. One strange detail is that the creators at the time before the final drafts were started seemed to be on a massive Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni binge, and until it was decided that life without Hanako was punishment enough, almost every arc had a scene where Hisao could get killed. Hanako's in particular was originally going to be a "Trap Arc" where unless you tripped an invisible flag in Lilly's arc which then transitioned to Hanako's arc, every ending was fucked up. In addition to a potential date rape scene in which Hisao had sex with a heavily drugged Hanako who was in a mental ward, there were multiple endings including Hanako dying trying to get away from Hisao, Hanako accidentally killing Hisao by shoving him away, Hanako hurling herself in front of a train, and a couple of others. Obviously there were programming issues to this plan, and as yet another example of adapting to limitations creating something that works, their heavily dialed down Hanako arc turned Hanako into my favorite character.
Another funny detail is that Misha was also going to die in the original Shizune arc. But then they changed her to the chubby pink-haired lunatic and that was cut out. Though you do sometimes see references to what COULD have been, like implications that Misha had considered suicide and the extreme attention drawn to the fact that Hisao was using a condom.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Eurobeatjester wrote:I don't think she's bald, or wearing a wig, but I also don't think her hairline is still symmetrical on the burned side.

Her ear is perfectly fine and undamaged.

And remember, scars in general spread as a person's skin grows, burn scars are no different. It's likely Hanako was mostly burned on the right side of her back and the scars spread to the large amount she has now (if she was burned badly enough to have that much scarring while she was the age of EIGHT she'd be dead) because of her body's growth.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Pyramid Head wrote:the creators at the time before the final drafts were started seemed to be on a massive Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni binge, and until it was decided that life without Hanako was punishment enough, almost every arc had a scene where Hisao could get killed. Hanako's in particular was originally going to be a "Trap Arc" where unless you tripped an invisible flag in Lilly's arc which then transitioned to Hanako's arc, every ending was fucked up. In addition to a potential date rape scene in which Hisao had sex with a heavily drugged Hanako who was in a mental ward, there were multiple endings including Hanako dying trying to get away from Hisao, Hanako accidentally killing Hisao by shoving him away, Hanako hurling herself in front of a train, and a couple of others.
Sounds like a School Days pastiche. So glad they didn't go that way.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4716
- Don't post links to pirated or otherwise illegal software anywhere on this forum. As a special case, this includes discussion and links to the existing illegitimate leak of KS's alpha files.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.