Ignorant things said by Internet know-it-alls

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Munchenhausen

Re: Ignorant things said by Internet know-it-alls

Post by Munchenhausen »

Eurobeatjester wrote:I never said it was, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make and you know that.
I think it was a joke :P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Sorry, I'm obligated to respond to posts like that either like that, or with a picture of a bald eagle crying.

I'm pretty sure that's somewhere in the constitution
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the loudest anti-man feminists are actually professional strawwomen.

As in, hired by the patriarchy to discredit feminism.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

bhtooefr wrote:Also, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the loudest anti-man feminists are actually professional strawwomen.

As in, hired by the patriarchy to discredit feminism.
Oh, you mean like how PETA was hired by KFC to discredit real animal rights activists? And how Justin Bieber was hired by a hysterical anti-art cult to discredit music?
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Pyramid Head wrote: And how Justin Bieber was hired by a hysterical anti-art cult to discredit music?
You mean he wasn't? :o
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Feminism is inheritly flawed. as it's name suggests, it empowers women over men, not promoting equality.
Where did you get that definition from? I was always taught that feminism is about equality between men and women, not superiority of one gender over the other. Most actual feminists, not the radical reverse-mysoginists, would cringe on the female-on-male abuse shown in that video earlier.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Guest Poster wrote:
Feminism is inheritly flawed. as it's name suggests, it empowers women over men, not promoting equality.
Where did you get that definition from? I was always taught that feminism is about equality between men and women, not superiority of one gender over the other. Most actual feminists, not the radical reverse-mysoginists, would cringe on the female-on-male abuse shown in that video earlier.
That is what it's about, but in that case, why not just say egalitarianism? It's not that the actual movement supports inequality, it's that the name seems to suggest it unintentionally.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
brythain

Post by brythain »

Guest Poster wrote:
Feminism is pro-women on the assumption that there is local, regional or universal need for application of kratos, bia or dunamis in making women equal to men as far as socioeconomic or sociocultural concerns are involved. We seldom see masculinism because historically women have often been seen to have had the short end of the stick. Humans are a varied species, so all kinds of other situations have arisen over time. It's interesting to study.

You might therefore say that feminism empowers women more than it empowers men, and be perfectly correct. It is thus not an equal promotion, but the promotion of (i.e. movement-towards) equality—the goal that all humans should have equal rights of access, authority and action regardless of biological gender.

Egalitarianism is movement towards equal rights (see above) without specific regard for biological gender.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

It's been kind of two pages since this had anything at all to do with ignorant things said by Internet know-it-alls or with KS, peeps.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

brythain

Post by brythain »

It's interesting to trawl the pages of the fanfiction section and see how some people have not got the idea of research yet. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Silentcook wrote:It's been kind of two pages since this had anything at all to do with ignorant things said by Internet know-it-alls or with KS, peeps.
Hint taken. Guys, if we don't have anything original topic relevant to add, we should probably take this elsewhere.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

brythain wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:
Feminism is pro-women on the assumption that there is local, regional or universal need for application of kratos, bia or dunamis in making women equal to men as far as socioeconomic or sociocultural concerns are involved. We seldom see masculinism because historically women have often been seen to have had the short end of the stick. Humans are a varied species, so all kinds of other situations have arisen over time. It's interesting to study.

You might therefore say that feminism empowers women more than it empowers men, and be perfectly correct. It is thus not an equal promotion, but the promotion of (i.e. movement-towards) equality—the goal that all humans should have equal rights of access, authority and action regardless of biological gender.

Egalitarianism is movement towards equal rights (see above) without specific regard for biological gender.
have you ever heard the term pesudo intellectual? It is a homographic term for material conditons that create class systems with accordance to historical materialism and dialects

:roll:
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
brythain

Post by brythain »

Comrade wrote:have you ever heard the term pesudo intellectual? It is a homographic term for material conditons that create class systems with accordance to historical materialism and dialects

Wow, I can't say I've ever heard those terms strung together like that! :D
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

brythain wrote:
Comrade wrote:have you ever heard the term pesudo intellectual? It is a homographic term for material conditons that create class systems with accordance to historical materialism and dialects

Wow, I can't say I've ever heard those terms strung together like that! :D
It's a commie thing.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Lianam

Post by Lianam »

On the topic of the men/women equality topic, I would like to point your attention to Persona 4 for some food-for-thought- one of the characters in that game is gay and wants to be "a man" and he denies the fact that he's gay because society deems homosexuality "unmanly", and another character is a girl who pretends to be a boy in order to escape her gender-role, believing that you have to be a man to reach her desired level of success in her male-dominated field.

Alright, time to put things back on track.
SpunkySix wrote:Let's not make this that then, and just focus on the issue of people making completely baseless claims about the novel's theme. Dr2 has a point, so maybe we should shift the tone from less "wow this is terrible" to more "why does this happen and what can we learn from it". Cautiously. Please. That way this doesn't turn into a clusterfuck of random troll-baited nonsense and we can have a serious, respectful conversation about it.
On why does this happen, It's something I considered a lot before and I think it has to do with the Ghetto Corollary of Sturgeon's Law; in the west, Visual Novels are not a "respectable" medium, therefore, the majority of people who haven't played a VN in the west assume that every VN is hentai. Add to that that 4LS came originated from 4chan, which is not a "respectable" website for the majority of people who never been there and assume that all of 4chan is like /b/, and you can see where some of KS's unfavorable assumptions come from. Then add to that the disabilities, and you get a double standard originating for the subconscious "disabilities aren't normal and therefore repulsive/no one with them can be loved" and people assume that the people who created it and play it must be have a fetish, or the thing must be a parody (I was guilty of the latter). All together, this results in the assumption of "KS MUST be nothing more than fetish-fuel that turns "cripples" into sex toys."
What can we learn from this?
That in order to change this we need to change people's belief- and the best way we can do that is to get them to play KS. How? Well my suggestion is simple: Lie. Tell them that KS is a parody and a must-play, similar to Hatoful Boyfriend.
Ce ne sont pas une signature.