Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Kibaro

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Kibaro »

SpunkySix wrote: You want to stretch prior to a run, but rather than static stretching, which is just stuff like leaning over and touching your toes and holding the stretch, you want to do dynamic stretches. This includes drills like high knees, butt kicks, A and B skips and lunges. This also includes normal stretches, but with more movement. For example, if you're doing a quad stretch, rather than holding it for ten seconds, you want to grab your leg, hold the stretch for a couple of seconds, release, and then repeat, maybe for a total of ten times. This movement is what keeps you from overextending and allows you to warm up rather than hurt yourself.

If you want, I can provide a full list of stretches that I got from my coach.
nah it's i got the internet for that, i was just sayiong that doing normal streches without any kind of warmup damages your body before a run:P and since he didnt mention that he warms up nor the he does dynamic stretching i assumed he does normal ones which is bad and if he really does it, it's good if he knows:)
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Managed a 42km bike ride on Saturday despite the sweltering heat. Trying to figure out a route that will let me do 50 next time. I get home absolutely exhausted but thrilled.

I’m sitting at work bored – I don’t want to be behind this stupid desk, I want to be out doing something. It’s rained the last two days which has prevented me going out for a walk or something and enjoying the summer. I’m glad that I feel frustrated at being unable to go do something active.

Started taking cod liver oil and glucosamine, I already don't have the world's best knees, so I want to try and be nice to them.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Just did my 50km ride! OMFG.

Now sitting in the bathtub wondering if I'll be able to walk tomorrow, given I walked home Weds and Thurs (7km each).

Very pleased with myself.
poopooface

Post by poopooface »

Congrats!
Hanako>Lilly>Emi>Rin>Shizune
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

poopooface wrote:Congrats!
This!
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
d2r

Post by d2r »

metalangel wrote:Just did my 50km ride! OMFG.

Now sitting in the bathtub wondering if I'll be able to walk tomorrow, given I walked home Weds and Thurs (7km each).

That's REALLY impressive, man. Well done!
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

metalangel wrote:Just did my 50km ride! OMFG.

:o Wow, that's seriously impressive! How long did that take you?
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Thank you :)

From the moment I left my front door to the moment I got back was five hours, with about an hour's worth of stops because I had lunch, stopped for two rests and was asked for directions. It was about 60% bike trails, 30% bike lanes on streets and 10% offroad.

Today I'm feeling fine. A little bit tired in the knees and legs but I'll be fine tomorrow. I've earned a day off.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Went running with a friend of mine today, he's just starting out so it wasn't very far but it made me realise how nice it is to run alongside someone, particularly if they're enjoying it as much as you are :)
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Went running with a friend of mine today, he's just starting out so it wasn't very far but it made me realise how nice it is to run alongside someone, particularly if they're enjoying it as much as you are :)
This is true. It also works with dogs, by the way.
AlmostEasy

Post by AlmostEasy »

Wow, this game... I played it through a few days ago and I can't believe how it affected me like this.
Never before have I went outside on my free time to walk or anything like that before, I have been a coke addict (don't worry its just coca cola :wink:)drinking it 3-4 cans a day for many months and eating in Mcdonalds way too much.
But now after getting the Emi route it has totally changed my mindset. I haven't drank a single can of soda since finishing the game and went out for a 3 mile walk today in the morning.

I was actually surprised i wasn't the only one being inspired from Emi, it totally blows my mind how many pages this thread has gotten and how many people have actually gone out because of this game.
I just hope i can keep the same kind of interest in future, right now I'm in a really bad shape.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AlmostEasy wrote:I was actually surprised i wasn't the only one being inspired from Emi, it totally blows my mind how many pages this thread has gotten and how many people have actually gone out because of this game.
She's an inspirational character like that, and it's hard to not want to move after that route. Enthusiasm is contagious, even across the boundaries of reality and fiction.

Good luck with your running! Stick with the program, and you'll be in much better shape soon enough. If a guy with a bad heart can do it, then you can too.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

85 minutes on a hilly course the day after a workout and a pick-up run. Tired as all heck and ready for a day off, but it felt really good to run somewhere different.
d2r

Post by d2r »

SpunkySix wrote:85 minutes on a hilly course the day after a workout and a pick-up run. Tired as all heck and ready for a day off, but it felt really good to run somewhere different.
Spunky, you are an inspiration.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

SpunkySix wrote:85 minutes on a hilly course the day after a workout and a pick-up run. Tired as all heck and ready for a day off, but it felt really good to run somewhere different.
Yeah, I can imagine it did :) Is where you run usually fairly flat?