You have been playing too much KS when...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

brythain

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by brythain »

… in the course of my professional activities, I encounter this gentleman and think, "Yes! Now I've met Kenji's uncle!" :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

So I just woke up (its my day off work, so lay off me!) after having a dream where Steven Spielberg directed an academy award winning documentary over the course of many years following Hisao's life as he marries Rin, becomes a motivational speaker and an activist in the disability rights movement. Unfortunately, he dies of a heart attack before ground breaking legislation is passed by the Diet which is named in his honour. Dem feels.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Rhodri wrote:So I just woke up (its my day off work, so lay off me!) after having a dream where Steven Spielberg directed an academy award winning documentary over the course of many years following Hisao's life as he marries Rin, becomes a motivational speaker and an activist in the disability rights movement. Unfortunately, he dies of a heart attack before ground breaking legislation is passed by the Diet which is named in his honour. Dem feels.
That's oddly coherent for a dream
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

Comrade wrote:
Rhodri wrote:So I just woke up (its my day off work, so lay off me!) after having a dream where Steven Spielberg directed an academy award winning documentary over the course of many years following Hisao's life as he marries Rin, becomes a motivational speaker and an activist in the disability rights movement. Unfortunately, he dies of a heart attack before ground breaking legislation is passed by the Diet which is named in his honour. Dem feels.
That's oddly coherent for a dream
Is it a lucid dream or something? It doesn't seem to have any random crazy illogical shit. Even the sudden heart attack makes sense. It could just be sudden cardiac death.
Or maybe Rin is the illogical shit in the dream and you just forgot it or forgot to tell us about it. Maybe they lived on a cloud~
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

Forever_ambivalent wrote: Is it a lucid dream or something? It doesn't seem to have any random crazy illogical shit. Even the sudden heart attack makes sense. It could just be sudden cardiac death.
Or maybe Rin is the illogical shit in the dream and you just forgot it or forgot to tell us about it. Maybe they lived on a cloud~
It was towards the end of my sleep cycle and it was quiet short, so I guess I could have been influencing the flow of things. The whole tone of the film was similar to Al Gore's 'An Inconvenient Truth.' As for Hisao death, Spielberg (who was also narrating the documentary), simple states that Hisao "died two years before his victory" and he was still young in the dream, so when I woke up, I interpreted it as a heart attack, but your suggestion can work too. What I can remember in terms of Hisao being an activist is him fighting tooth and nail to get Rin's work displayed. I think its how my mind interoperated it afterwards was that gallery owners were refusing on the grounds of her disability.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
poopooface

Post by poopooface »

Just woke up from a dream about Hanako, so the thought should go here.
Hanako>Lilly>Emi>Rin>Shizune
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

Rhodri wrote:
Forever_ambivalent wrote: Is it a lucid dream or something? It doesn't seem to have any random crazy illogical shit. Even the sudden heart attack makes sense. It could just be sudden cardiac death.
It was towards the end of my sleep cycle and it was quiet short, so I guess I could have been influencing the flow of things. The whole tone of the film was similar to Al Gore's 'An Inconvenient Truth.' As for Hisao death, Spielberg (who was also narrating the documentary), simple states that Hisao "died two years before his victory" and he was still young in the dream, so when I woke up, I interpreted it as a heart attack, but your suggestion can work too. What I can remember in terms of Hisao being an activist is him fighting tooth and nail to get Rin's work displayed. I think its how my mind interoperated it afterwards was that gallery owners were refusing on the grounds of her disability.
That is pretty sweat of Hisao to do so. Although that is quite strange since gallerias have already accepted Rin's work.
But I could see a good story developing from it. Hisao and Rin are a sweet couple and Rin makes fantastic drawings which Hisao loves. Hisao believes that the world should see her art but because of Rin's disabilities she has trouble getting her art into galleries and getting them to sell. Therefore Hisao fights stereotypes and prejudice for Rin and eventually wins (with her help of course)! But right after Rin becomes ridiculously rich and their work ultimately work pays off, Hisao dies of sudden cardiac death.
Lets say that Rin has a baby so that she wouldn't commit suicide right after Hisao dies.
The documentary will show how a man and a women managed to change Japanese stereotypes against Disabled people and managed to bring much more worldwide attention to disabled people.

Yea my silly headfanon/brain fart went for too long. Sorry about that. I think I prefer the household where Rin is producing all the piles of money and Hisao is the househusband and deals with Rin's art (selling it and the like). I like thinking about how happy Rin and Hisao and their children are and how much fun they have everyday in such a unique household.
d2r

Post by d2r »

I dunno if merely dreaming about KS means you've played it too much. I think it'd mean you'd played it too much if you dreamed about it all the time, or had a bunch of really sexual dreams about it or something. :p
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
poopooface

Post by poopooface »

d2r wrote:I dunno if merely dreaming about KS means you've played it too much. I think it'd mean you'd played it too much if you dreamed about it all the time, or had a bunch of really sexual dreams about it or something. :p
The thing is the only dreams I'm able to recall or even having the knowledge of having are dreams about KS. Also, they're the most vivid for me while I'm dreaming.
Hanako>Lilly>Emi>Rin>Shizune
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I know I've been playing too much because I keep wanting to dream about it. STILL haven't gotten to Dreamy Yamaku yet.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:I know I've been playing too much because I keep wanting to dream about it. STILL haven't gotten to Dreamy Yamaku yet.
Try thinking about it while falling asleep.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:I know I've been playing too much because I keep wanting to dream about it. STILL haven't gotten to Dreamy Yamaku yet.
I have, man. I know it's just a matter of time, but argh.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

SpunkySix wrote:
Potato wrote:
I have, man. I know it's just a matter of time, but argh.
You have to REALLY try to make it work. Play KS before bed, Listen to KS music, Look at KS art/fan-art.

I mean hell I had a dream about Shizune/Misha and I haven't touched her route yet :P
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

I appreciate how nice it would be to have Yamaku-y dreams, as they'd just be awesome while you're 'there', but what happens when you wake up? If it's really vivid, then surely it'd just be that feeling of finishing a route amplified? :/ (Unless of course, you can continue dreams one after the next...)
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

brythain

Post by brythain »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:I appreciate how nice it would be to have Yamaku-y dreams, as they'd just be awesome while you're 'there', but what happens when you wake up? If it's really vivid, then surely it'd just be that feeling of finishing a route amplified? :/ (Unless of course, you can continue dreams one after the next...)
If you read my short piece 'The Wake', that's at the end of the first post in this thread, you'll see what can happen after you wake up… it was such a harrowing experience that I just hadtogoandwritesomething! :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)