Kenji

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

AliFrey

Kenji

Post by AliFrey »

*discontinued*
Last edited by AliFrey on Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guest Poster

Re: Kenji

Post by Guest Poster »

His disability is legal blindness, which is why he's in Lilly's class. Even with his glasses on he has to be mere inches away from Hisao to determine it's really him.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Aye, his disability is that although he's not completely blind, his vision is that bad that he might as well be
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

All this because of feminists of course..they are the root of all evil that lurks beneath our feet everywhere, any time <.<"...>.>" *hisssssss*
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Anybody think Kenji has Asperger's or something along those lines? He seems somewhat socially anxious, and when he does talk to people he doesn't seem to have a good grasp of when people are bored or not really listening (something I have difficulties with). He also has (apparently) sensitivity to the cold (hypersensitivity is common to some degree in Asperger's), seems to pursue strong interests and likes things done in a certain way (see the banner painting scene in Act 1).
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Would people please stop trying to diagnose Aspergers in fictional characters (or really in anyone) without first putting in a few semesters of psychology?
If you search the internet for Asperger symptoms you will find as many as you want depending on how much time you're willing to put in.
Depending on how I choose those symptoms I could make a case for any KS-character (or really every VN-character ever) to suffer from Aspergers, but I won't.
Because that is an insult to people who really suffer from it.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Would people please stop trying to diagnose Aspergers in fictional characters (or really in anyone) without first putting in a few semesters of psychology?
If you search the internet for Asperger symptoms you will find as many as you want depending on how much time you're willing to put in.
Depending on how I choose those symptoms I could make a case for any KS-character (or really every VN-character ever) to suffer from Aspergers, but I won't.
Because that is an insult to people who really suffer from it.
I've been diagnosed since the age of 6, and I was just going on my own personal observations of having it. But fair enough, I'll bear that in mind for the future. Apologies if I managed to offend anyone, that was never my intention.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Apologies if I managed to offend anyone, that was never my intention.
You didn't manage to offend me, but I'm just tired of hearing about.

If a character (or person) is weird, people want to label them with Asperger's. If a person is slow, they get labeled with Asperger's. If they're shy, people want to label with with Asperger's. If there's almost anything about them that suggests they have a way of doing things that isn't the same as everybody else, they get labeled with Asperger's.

It's just become a catch all excuse.
Not Dead Yet
brythain

Post by brythain »

Asperges me hyssopo, Domine, et mundabor.

But seriously, one way to remember what Asperger's syndrome really is about is that Hans Asperger originally called it 'autistic psychopathy' and wrote a long and detailed description of it.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

brythain wrote:Asperges me hyssopo, Domine, et mundabor.

But seriously, one way to remember what Asperger's syndrome really is about is that Hans Asperger originally called it 'autistic psychopathy' and wrote a long and detailed description of it.
Lol autistic psychopathy. Aren't autistic people in general supposed to be somewhat psychopathic (aside from PDD-NOS. they have their own socializing quirks). Yes, I know the differences between Autism and Asperges. It just seemed to be an interesting description of Asperger's.

Kenji is more of a paranoid schizophrenic. I don't see any qualities in him that would lead you to think that he has asperger's (although I don't know that much about asperger's). Kenji isn't that strange either. There are a lot of mad extremists out there.

People who have mild autism are pretty normal. You can hardly tell them apart from a normal person nowadays if they have had good parenting and care. Actually autism seems to be quite advantageous once you get over whatever problems it gave you at first (although some problems never go away and having crap motor ability is a pain).
The problem begins when the child has bad parenting and improper care (normally because of the bad parenting).
Honestly, mildly autistic people aren't that strange. Perhaps shy or mysterious but not strange.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:Kenji is more of a paranoid schizophrenic.
No moreso than your average conspiracy nut.

But as far as Yamaku is concerned, he's just blind. They don't seem to care that he's crazy. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
linkoid

Post by linkoid »

I've said this once and it's apporate to say it again
linkoid wrote:Kenji, in his eyes truly thinks we are in trouble and he tries to save us. kenji sees a car coming for us and he tries to push us out of the way but, we have our back to the car and call him crazy.
Would you prefer a true friend that looks out for you or would you prefer on that stands there and waves goodby as a 18 wheeler hits your innocent backside and did nothing in the 45 second window.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Did you even play the game??
AliFrey wrote:Feminists suck. They don't get married and their blood line ends. Yaaay :lol:
Also, what the mother of fuck are you talking about??
AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

KeiichiO wrote:Did you even play the game??
AliFrey wrote:Feminists suck. They don't get married and their blood line ends. Yaaay :lol:
Uh oh, we've got a Kenji on our hands, folks. *bolts*
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

KeiichiO wrote:
Not entirely sure, but I will say my opinion on feminists varies greatly depending on which form of feminism you're talking about. If you're referring to actual feminists, as in the ones who are basically just egalitarian, then they're cool. If you're talking about the ones that want revenge and privileges just because they happen to have vaginas, then they aren't so cool.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"