Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Kibaro

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Kibaro »

CoffeeDrive wrote:I have terrible insomnia which sometimes can cause long (often painful) bouts of Lucid dreaming, also called sleep paralysis or Night terrors. Normally its something completely terrifying for 30 odd minutes straight being unable to move or react to it, like being covered in spiders or being stabbed repeatedly.

But about a week ago I had a dream where shizune was standing there, looking like a real person, she then signed "Take over australia with me, you can be president" in BSL and vanished. At this point i broke from the paralysis, just went "What the fuck" and passed out.

My head is really broken.
isn't lucid dreaming, the dreaming that you can control? don't think lucid dreaming = sleep paralysis, tho sleep paralysis is indeed terifying, i didn't experience it myself but my girlfriend did...it was really scary... on the other hand... i'd do almost anything to be able to lucid dream...heck i'd love to even dream more than twice a month :( (i know that scientifically everyone dreams every night, but for me personally as long as i don't remember having dreamt, i don't count it... if i remember dreaming or what i dreamt then that counts as having dreamt that night) but yeah i dream reeeeeaaaaly reeeeaaaaly rare and it saddens me alot:( so yeah T.T
Atario

Post by Atario »

brythain wrote:safe sex
Boooo hisssss :lol:
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Kibaro wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:I had a dream last night where Rin had arms and we were hanging out, but then a heavy safe fell on her and crushed her head. I was really sad, but nobody else seemed to care, which made me feel even worse.

Why can't I just have H game wet dreams like everybody else and not this morbid-ass crushed skull BS?
just out of curiosity...how did it look? :-"
Ah... well, really bloody, pretty much. Kind of sickening, in-dream.

As it turns out, I recorded another dream about a year ago that pretty much foreshadowed Katawa Shoujo by a few months, in a strange way:

8. 5/25/13: Visual Novel Agent

I was playing a visual novel for hours on end in which I was an agent for a top secret government organization lead by the president, who was not Obama, but a kind gray haired man. In the novel, my sister was also in the organization, and so were about eight other people, one of which I had fallen in love with. She liked me too, and we became a spy couple. After many hours, I got the good ending where me and my girlfriend defeated an army of aliens, and I had to stop so other people could have a turn. I was sad, because handing over the controller meant losing my virtual love and admitting that it was all fictional. I felt empty afterwards. Then I woke up, feeling depressed.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

SpunkySix wrote: Ah... well, really bloody, pretty much. Kind of sickening, in-dream.

As it turns out, I recorded another dream about a year ago that pretty much foreshadowed Katawa Shoujo by a few months, in a strange way:

8. 5/25/13: Visual Novel Agent

I was playing a visual novel for hours on end in which I was an agent for a top secret government organization lead by the president, who was not Obama, but a kind gray haired man. In the novel, my sister was also in the organization, and so were about eight other people, one of which I had fallen in love with. She liked me too, and we became a spy couple. After many hours, I got the good ending where me and my girlfriend defeated an army of aliens, and I had to stop so other people could have a turn. I was sad, because handing over the controller meant losing my virtual love and admitting that it was all fictional. I felt empty afterwards. Then I woke up, feeling depressed.
sad indeed, tho i still envy you:))
Potato

Post by Potato »

CoffeeDrive wrote:I have terrible insomnia which sometimes can cause long (often painful) bouts of Lucid dreaming, also called sleep paralysis or Night terrors. Normally its something completely terrifying for 30 odd minutes straight being unable to move or react to it, like being covered in spiders or being stabbed repeatedly.

But about a week ago I had a dream where shizune was standing there, looking like a real person, she then signed "Take over australia with me, you can be president" in BSL and vanished. At this point i broke from the paralysis, just went "What the fuck" and passed out.

My head is really broken.
Lucid dreaming, night terrors, and sleep paralysis are three different things. And the associated hallucination is not a dream at all. It's a hallucination.

My hallucinations sadly never involve cute girls. :cry:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

Potato wrote:
Lucid dreaming, night terrors, and sleep paralysis are three different things. And the associated hallucination is not a dream at all. It's a hallucination.

tho sleep parallysis usually (not always) comes with hallucinations(which are usually terifying not the oh look flying chocolates kind)

also im curious what hallucinations you have:))
Potato

Post by Potato »

Kibaro wrote:
Potato wrote:

tho sleep parallysis usually (not always) comes with hallucinations(which are usually terifying not the oh look flying chocolates kind)

There's allegedly a way to induce the "oh look flying chocolates" kind but I haven't tried it. :lol:

Maybe I can induce KS dreams...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Potato wrote:
Kibaro wrote:
Potato wrote:

There's allegedly a way to induce the "oh look flying chocolates" kind but I haven't tried it. :lol:

Maybe I can induce KS dreams...
Night terrors are a nickname for extreme nightmares, which when accompanied by sleep paralysis, and then made "Real" through lucid dreaming, is god damn scary.

I wouldnt care as much if I was inducing them myself, which is entirely possible to do. But not being able to react to or control them gets irritating.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Potato

Post by Potato »

CoffeeDrive wrote:Night terrors are a nickname for extreme nightmares, which when accompanied by sleep paralysis, and then made "Real" through lucid dreaming, is god damn scary.
A nightmare is a nightmare. A night terror is a night terror. They are two distinct things. I've had a ton of really bad ("extreme") nightmares. I have had zero night terrors. Night terrors have nothing to do with lucid dreaming. If you cannot control it, you are not lucid dreaming. And lucid dreaming doesn't make things real, quotation marks or otherwise. Night terrors also aren't so vividly remembered. You were not having a night terror. You were suffering from sleep paralysis accompanied by hallucinations, which have nothing to do with lucid dreaming. That may occur at night and it may be terrifying but it is not a night terror.

But since we're somewhat on the topic, I wonder what sort of dreams the girls have...Rin's are probably odd.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Potato wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote:Night terrors are a nickname for extreme nightmares, which when accompanied by sleep paralysis, and then made "Real" through lucid dreaming, is god damn scary.
A nightmare is a nightmare. A night terror is a night terror. They are two distinct things. I've had a ton of really bad ("extreme") nightmares. I have had zero night terrors. Night terrors have nothing to do with lucid dreaming. If you cannot control it, you are not lucid dreaming. And lucid dreaming doesn't make things real, quotation marks or otherwise. Night terrors also aren't so vividly remembered. You were not having a night terror. You were suffering from sleep paralysis accompanied by hallucinations, which have nothing to do with lucid dreaming. That may occur at night and it may be terrifying but it is not a night terror.

But since we're somewhat on the topic, I wonder what sort of dreams the girls have...Rin's are probably odd.
Lucid dreams are any dream where which you are fully aware that you are dreaming, however once this happens it does become possible to control it, since you are aware you are doing so, you can affect it in some way. As such, alot of sleep paralysis cases do also count as lucid dreaming, as the reason that you fall into sleep paralysis is due to disrupted dream sleep, and the dream often continues when you wake in the form of a hullucination.

A night terror is simply a dream that causes complete Terror and Dread over normal emotion, it is really an extreme nightmare.

Rin would dream about the 4 things she thought about during the day.
Shizune would dream about world conquest.

Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

Potato wrote: A nightmare is a nightmare. A night terror is a night terror. They are two distinct things. I've had a ton of really bad ("extreme") nightmares. I have had zero night terrors. Night terrors have nothing to do with lucid dreaming. If you cannot control it, you are not lucid dreaming. And lucid dreaming doesn't make things real, quotation marks or otherwise. Night terrors also aren't so vividly remembered. You were not having a night terror. You were suffering from sleep paralysis accompanied by hallucinations, which have nothing to do with lucid dreaming. That may occur at night and it may be terrifying but it is not a night terror.

0:12 ? stuff like this im guessing:))

idk what Lilly is dreaming, i think there was a scene where it says how it is when she dreams or i might be confusing it with sth else,

hanako would have dreams of her not being shy and having a lot of friends that she has never seen before IRL :))

emi already has dad dying nightmares

shizune world domination dreams?:))

misha ...shizune dreams maybe, or food related dreams

Hisao...EVERYTHING WAS A DREAM! YOU WERE IN A COMA! i think he would feel way worse than we did after finishing certain routes:))
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Kibaro wrote:
Potato wrote: A nightmare is a nightmare. A night terror is a night terror. They are two distinct things. I've had a ton of really bad ("extreme") nightmares. I have had zero night terrors. Night terrors have nothing to do with lucid dreaming. If you cannot control it, you are not lucid dreaming. And lucid dreaming doesn't make things real, quotation marks or otherwise. Night terrors also aren't so vividly remembered. You were not having a night terror. You were suffering from sleep paralysis accompanied by hallucinations, which have nothing to do with lucid dreaming. That may occur at night and it may be terrifying but it is not a night terror.

0:12 ? stuff like this im guessing:))

idk what Lilly is dreaming, i think there was a scene where it says how it is when she dreams or i might be confusing it with sth else,

hanako would have dreams of her not being shy and having a lot of friends that she has never seen before IRL :))

emi already has dad dying nightmares

shizune world domination dreams?:))

misha ...shizune dreams maybe, or food related dreams

Hisao...EVERYTHING WAS A DREAM! YOU WERE IN A COMA! i think he would feel way worse than we did after finishing certain routes:))
Theres a scene where Lilly explains that she dreams in sounds and smells I believe.

Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
Theres a scene where Lilly explains that she dreams in sounds and smells I believe.
yeah that's the one, and also sounds reaaaly interesting to be honest:D
Potato

Post by Potato »

Kibaro wrote:Hisao...EVERYTHING WAS A DREAM! YOU WERE IN A COMA!
You saw that art too?

Hanako probably dreams of the orphanage... :(

I'd assume Lilly dreams the same as anyone else, minus sight. Sound, smell, all that. Probably about Scotland or Hanako. Or ice cream and tea.

Misha...Yeah, Shizune dreams. Set at festivals. Rin I could see dreaming up all kinds of nonsense that become her paintings. Or clouds.

Shizune maybe dreams of her mother. Or some bygone time when Jigoro wasn't shit. Or world conquest.

Emi...Yeah, nightmares. And Yuuko dreams of attending a university class accidentally in her underw-...Ahem. *cold shower*

@Coffee: You are misinformed, and that's okay. <3 And maybe Rin would dream about four new things which then become her thoughts for the next day. :lol:
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

Potato wrote:
You saw that art too?

Hanako probably dreams of the orphanage... :(

I'd assume Lilly dreams the same as anyone else, minus sight. Sound, smell, all that. Probably about Scotland or Hanako. Or ice cream and tea.

Misha...Yeah, Shizune dreams. Set at festivals. Rin I could see dreaming up all kinds of nonsense that become her paintings. Or clouds.

Shizune maybe dreams of her mother. Or some bygone time when Jigoro wasn't shit. Or world conquest.

Emi...Yeah, nightmares. And Yuuko dreams of attending a university class accidentally in her underw-...Ahem. *cold shower*

@Coffee: You are misinformed, and that's okay. <3 And maybe Rin would dream about four new things which then become her thoughts for the next day. :lol:
to be honest i didn't saw the art, but i saw that line somewhere, or something similar to that line. and it can so very possible:)) that could be worse then kenji ending...

akira would have normal dreams i think, like nothing special, maybe spending more time with close ones (deep inside she actually wants that :)) )

kenji is too obvious, the hero who saved the world from feminists:))

mutou and mr. nurse are unimportant so screw them...anyone else? iwanako doesn't count either :))

hmm hideaki is a mistery tho:)) uncle jiggy dreams of himself probably :))