The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

CoffeeDrive

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Potato wrote:
Kibaro wrote:
Potato wrote:
Are you suggesting that Hanako is a disgusting abomination that everyone desperately pawns off on other people to get rid of her?
that's not funny...i found the hanako bacon thing to be a comunity joke so i just said it, don't need to get offensive everytime you see me say something you know, also you're putting words in my mouth...not cool
...Hello and welcome to the internet. Kindly purchase a fucking sense of humor at the door.

And was I even talking to you? Chill out. Christ.
I dont think he understood you were talking about fruitcake
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

CoffeeDrive wrote: I dont think he understood you were talking about fruitcake
please explain how does "Are you suggesting that Hanako is a disgusting abomination that everyone desperately pawns off on other people to get rid of her?" have any realtion tp fruitcake, and not more with the previous discussion about rin? how does that make more sense? for me it didn't so i find it normal to assume that that reply was intended more for me
Last edited by Kibaro on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Kibaro wrote:i find it normal to assume that that reply was intended more for me
Fucking hell, you're self-centered. If it was meant for you, it wouldn't be directed at someone who is not you. It wasn't for you, alright? That's why I didn't direct it at you. Get it?

Look, here's how this works:

> Sohtak, who is not you, suggested that, if Hanako were a cake, she would be a fruitcake.

> I responded to Sohtak - again, not you - with the joking implication that this meant Hanako is disgusting and awful.

The joke is that fruitcake sucks, alright? Jesus...
Last edited by Potato on Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Kibaro wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote:
Potato wrote: ...Hello and welcome to the internet. Kindly purchase a fucking sense of humor at the door.

And was I even talking to you? Chill out. Christ.
I dont think he understood you were talking about fruitcake
please explain how does "Are you suggesting that Hanako is a disgusting abomination that everyone desperately pawns off on other people to get rid of her?" have any realtion tp fruitcake, and not more with the previous discussion about rin? how does that make more sense? for me it didn't so i find it normal to assume that that reply was intended more for me
Alright. Im going to try.
What flavour cake would Hanako be?

Fruitcake could work
As you can see, the quote is clearly referencing Hanako to be a "Fruitcake" type Cake.
Are you suggesting that Hanako is a disgusting abomination that everyone desperately pawns off on other people to get rid of her?
The joke now continues on to explain that if Hanako is like fruitcake, she must be these factors.

Do you get it now?

Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
Alright. Im going to try.
What flavour cake would Hanako be?

Fruitcake could work
As you can see, the quote is clearly referencing Hanako to be a "Fruitcake" type Cake.
The joke now continues on to explain that if Hanako is like fruitcake, she must be these factors.

Do you get it now?
well unless i would've find fruitcakes to be something disgusting i would've gotten the joke..probably, but since i don't i didnt get the joke, but yeah i can see what he meant by that phrase, thanks for clarifying
Last edited by Kibaro on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

Potato wrote:
Kibaro wrote:i find it normal to assume that that reply was intended more for me
Fucking hell, you're self-centered. If it was meant for you, it wouldn't be directed at someone who is not you. It wasn't for you, alright? That's why I didn't direct it at you. Get it?

Look, here's how this works:

> Sohtak, who is not you, suggested that, if Hanako were a cake, she would be a fruitcake.

> I responded to Sohtak - again, not you - with the joking implication that this meant Hanako is disgusting and awful.

The joke is that fruitcake sucks, alright? Jesus...
why are you so mad that i don't get your joke? i don't like being seen like a bad person ok?(why would i?) i think it's normal that i don't accept that people think that about me...and say something about it
Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

Good lord!

Go AFK for a fruit drink and everyone goes bonkers.

Relax all ^^

I don't ever remember personally having Fruitcake in my life so I don't know if it's good or not ;P
Potato

Post by Potato »

Kibaro wrote:why are you so mad that i don't get your joke?
...Okay, let me make this as clear as I can.

I'm not mad that you didn't get the joke.

I'm mad that you saw that as valid reason to go off on some bullshit tangent about how I'm somehow out to personally offend you and cramming words into your mouth while I wasn't even talking to you.

If you don't like being seen as a bad person, maybe don't twist things to be about you when they have nothing to do with you (because I wasn't even talking to or about you).

Maybe don't act all persecuted over literally nothing ("don't need to get offensive everytime you see me say something" - again, you weren't involved in the exchange, was not about you, and you were only offended at some personal attack you imagined).

Maybe don't accuse me of things that clearly did not happen at all ("you're putting words in my mouth" - Once more, not about you).

Maybe don't be so mindlessly self-centered as to take things that did not involve or refer to you in any way at any time and somehow warp them to be all about you (all of the previous examples).

Maybe don't do all these things that make you look like a bad person.

Now, we can be pals, or we can not. Personally, I'm willing to try it out. How 'bout you? :D

@Sohtak: Imagine sugar-coated fruit chunks in a dense cake brick. That's fruitcake. :lol: I'd take a slice of angel food cake topped with strawberries, myself...Which, incidentally, I can see Hanako enjoying.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

The number of stupid banters and insulting today....
I guess some people here feed off this shit

What would be Rin based cake be? I was thinking about an abstract painting of Rin. Would be hard as hell to do that with icing sugar though.
Probably citrus flavoured. Rin likes her oranges after all and her theme is pretty tangy.
Rin themed cake sounds fantastic.

Wonder what Hisao's cake would be like?
brythain

Post by brythain »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:The number of stupid banters and insulting today....
I guess some people here feed off this shit

What would be Rin based cake be? I was thinking about an abstract painting of Rin. Would be hard as hell to do that with icing sugar though.
Probably citrus flavoured. Rin likes her oranges after all and her theme is pretty tangy.
Rin themed cake sounds fantastic.

Wonder what Hisao's cake would be like?
All this talk of cake is reminding me of the cake you have to bake for *Hyun-ae in 'Hate Plus'. Now, if Rin wanted a cake, it would probably be something like lemon-grass/pistachio/mashed-macaron cake.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Potato

Post by Potato »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:her theme is pretty tangy.
...It is? :? I don't remember her theme having any particular flavor profile...

Rin would be some crazy art thing made of multicolored fondant. Though if this cake thing is going to go on, it may (read: would) be best to migrate it to the Random KS thread. :lol:

Also, "number of stupid banters" is a nonsense phrase. "Banter" has no plural and is referred to by 'amounts', not 'numbers', I.E. "The amount of banter in this thread is stupid". It also holds a generally positive connotation which does not appear to be your intent. /grammarpolice
Last edited by Potato on Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Potato wrote:

Rin would be some crazy art thing made of multicolored fondant. Though if this cake thing is going to go on, it may (read: would) be best to migrate it to the Random KS thread. :lol:

Also, "number of stupid banters" is a nonsense phrase. "Banter" has no plural and is referred to by 'amounts', not 'numbers'. It also holds a generally positive connotation which does not appear to be your intent. /grammarpolice

I would agree Rin's theme being "Tangy" besides the fact she likes oranges, her whole route gives of that kind of feeling, its sharp, but you enjoy the fruity taste.

Potato

Post by Potato »

CoffeeDrive wrote:her whole route gives of that kind of feeling, its sharp, but you enjoy the fruity taste.
...What...

Can we drop the flavor metaphors, I'm confused. :lol:
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
Potato wrote:

Also, "number of stupid banters" is a nonsense phrase. "Banter" has no plural and is referred to by 'amounts', not 'numbers'. It also holds a generally positive connotation which does not appear to be your intent. /grammarpolice

I would agree Rin's theme being "Tangy" besides the fact she likes oranges, her whole route gives of that kind of feeling, its sharp, but you enjoy the fruity taste.
My thoughts exactly! Although I feel that way mostly during the peaceful times. When the drama comes the tangy feel is gone.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Emi: Lemon cake
Hanako: Molten chocolate cake
Lilly: Date and walnut loaf - it's Scottish, and it's got tea in it
Rin: Budapestlängd (described as: Rolled meringue-hazelnut cake filled with whipped cream and pieces of canned peach, apricot or mandarin orange.)
Shizune: Deep-fried twinkies (hey, it's a cake product, and she canonically likes fried food)

And now I'm going to go to hell, for the Hanako one.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!