Why is Hisao so disliked?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Liminaut

Re: Why is Hisao so disliked?

Post by Liminaut »

As a game avatar, Hisao need to be just a little little more dense than the player. It would kind of wreck the game if Hisao was super-perceptive and knew what to do all the time. :)

A few random points about previous posts:
1) Hisao had just spent 4 months in a hospital bed. It's a small miracle he can walk. It doesn't surprise me that a running program is too much.

2) In Shizune's path, I don't think it was saintly patience that kept him on the student council, but rather spectacular depression. Then again, in Shizune's path I think what she really needed was somebody that wouldn't fight her, so she could have some part of her life that wasn't competition-related.
kschmidty3

Post by kschmidty3 »

I don't understand the hate for him either. I thought he was a pretty good protagonist. I also don't understand why every one thins he's stupid.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

kschmidty3 wrote:I also don't understand why every one thins he's stupid.
Well... it depends how you play him. In the bad endings, he can be incredibly thick and do exactly the opposite thing that the girl he is dating needs.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

Nobody in Particular wrote: Kenji: Because if you don't get a girlfriend within a week of going to a new school, you deserve to die.
Aw man, that cracked me up :)
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

I think Hisao isn't all that bad. Actually I find him to be quite a good person in Emi's route and a decent person in Lilly's route.
But I really don't like him in Rin's route. He wasn't very nice to her. He made some terrible mistakes that I find to be remarkable. I hate him in Shizune's bad end route for obvious reasons. it's just wrong of him to be so horrible to Shizune.
I don't know how to feel about Hisao in Hanako's route though. I have a lot of mixed feelings about Hanako's route.
Overall I don't think Hisao is a bad person but not a particularly good person either. He is your slightly above average person.
Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

I didn't realize Hisao was hated :P

Generally from my (Very minimal) VN knowledge. The main character guy in question? Has to be incredibly dense..It's a trend I've noticed they don't get the subtle hints the player does and as a result we end up being like "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU HISAO" but let's be honest....A good portion of us probably wouldn't be any better at dealing with Disabilities in a school like Yamaku.

Hisao at least has a personality but...he's not that bad of a guy. He genuinely cares about the girl (you chose) to go after. And is rarely just in it for the the sex

Every other conversation with me would be like

"Here hold this" to Rin

or "Look at that" to Lily

and I would end up speaking to Shizune only to realize she can't hear me.

Oh believe me I'd be TERRIBLE in a place like that.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Sohtak wrote:I didn't realize Hisao was hated :P

Generally from my (Very minimal) VN knowledge. The main character guy in question? Has to be incredibly dense..It's a trend I've noticed they don't get the subtle hints the player does and as a result we end up being like "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU HISAO" but let's be honest....A good portion of us probably wouldn't be any better at dealing with Disabilities in a school like Yamaku.

Hisao at least has a personality but...he's not that bad of a guy. He genuinely cares about the girl (you chose) to go after. And is rarely just in it for the the sex

Every other conversation with me would be like

"Here hold this" to Rin

or "Look at that" to Lily

and I would end up speaking to Shizune only to realize she can't hear me.

Oh believe me I'd be TERRIBLE in a place like that.
I'd probably be worse, Id simply forget they had disabilities. My deaf cousin came up to me once, started signing away, my brain translated it, but i started responding by talking, took me a good 20 seconds to realise...

Im not good with people.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl