"Twofold" Visual Novel (ft. Suriko) full release available now!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

BlackWaltzTheThird

"Twofold" Visual Novel (ft. Suriko) full release available now!

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Yo, I'm not sure how Silentcook or the current mods feel about this being updated (if it's a no go, feel free to revert the edit) but Salty Salty Studios finally released the complete version of their VN, "Twofold", on Steam and Itch io last week. This follows the release of their prequel/spin-off VN, "First Snow", which was released in 2020. Notably, both projects featured Suriko of Lilly route fame as a writer.

What is Twofold? From their Steam page:

Olive’s situation is dire. They're on the verge of being thrown out of college unless they can salvage their GPA, and their only chance rests on classes they know next to nothing about.

Their lifeline: two club leaders who are more than willing to help them succeed. However, no solution is that easy. Olive soon finds themself in the middle of a conflict between these two friends that threatens to undo their long-standing love for each other.

Twofold is a story about love, family, and connection. It celebrates family of all kinds, and explores the strength (and fragility) of bonds between people.

Taking place roughly a year after First Snow, Olive’s position as an outsider to these established friend circles will be vital to fully understanding the situation threatening to undo this close-knit group.

Twofold features two romance routes, with three friend routes in each, totalling about 150,000 words and 15 hours in length, with a fully voice acted cast.

Twofold and First Snow are both published by Studio Elan, also known for other yuri VNs such as Highway Blossoms, Heart of the Woods, and Please Be Happy.

Twofold and First Snow can be purchased on the following platforms:
Studio Elan (physical copy) - https://vnstudioelan.com/store/PREORDER ... p590019935
Itch io - https://vnstudioelan.itch.io/twofold - https://salty-salty-studios.itch.io/first-snow
Steam - -

Have fun~!

===========================================================================

The original text of this post follows below for historical reasons, but please note it is extremely out of date and is largely not applicable in any capacity to the current state of the project or its contents.

Yo, I'm not sure how Silentcook feels about this being here (if it's a no go, feel free to delete the topic) but Salty Salty Studios released the demo of their VN, "Work in Progress", today. Having come together as a result of KS and related discussion media, SSS decided to make a joke VN that ended up becoming a serious project. From their website:
In short:
Work in Progress is a visual novel chronicling the struggles of a college student coping with his own uninspiring life, lack of motivation, and ambition to do more than is asked of him. When presented with failure due to his own laziness, Oliver Penn realizes something has to change. As a result, he ends up getting much more than he bargained for.

Download URL is here: [no longer valid URL]
Official website is here: [no longer valid URL]
OST download is here: [no longer valid URL]
Have fun~!

Last edited by BlackWaltzTheThird on Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: Work in Progress Act 1 demo release

Post by Silentcook »

Mainly I feel that you had used a misleading title, due to use-mention distinction. Fixed now. :mrgreen:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Umber

Re: "Work in Progress" Act 1 demo release

Post by Umber »

If anything (since I haven't quite downloaded the demo yet), their soundtrack is pretty sweet. Hope the rest of the content is, too.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Ahhhh, I've heard of you lot!
A group of other KS fans are planning on making their own VN also, so there's quite a bit of watching how you guys manage and stuff :P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

So is this guy's hat the WiP equivalent of Hisao's sexervest?
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
BlackWaltzTheThird

Caprice, the character with the hat, is not the main character, nor is she male.

Also, edited the first post to include the proper download page and the OST download.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Potato

Post by Potato »

Munchenhausen wrote:Ahhhh, I've heard of you lot!
A group of other KS fans are planning on making their own VN also, so there's quite a bit of watching how you guys manage and stuff :P
I've been watching that Missing Stars VN progress. It's almost like watching KS struggle to completion all over again. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:Caprice, the character with the hat, is not the main character, nor is she male.
Oh... well then. :oops:

I must say that I'm interested, but will be waiting for a full release.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
forgetmenot

Post by forgetmenot »

Just played through it. There are a bunch of minor nitpicks that I may or may not have but honestly the overall quality is really high up there. I'll definitely play the full release whenever that may come into existence.

TL;DR: Neat.
Woody Alien

Post by Woody Alien »

I knew there were a couple projects of KS-inspired visual novels, but I've never even heard about it. Maybe because the title is a tad too generic to be found online.
Whatever, I'll give it a try these days.

Also, what's with the Layton hat? :)
Katawa Shoujo is a game that, by all accounts, shouldn't exist, but it does and we're happier because of it!
Shizune è una porcona

Click here for real-life Misha: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daddy_mulk/8637512452/
BlackWaltzTheThird

Hi, Waltz from the future here, that was exactly the reason why the devs changed the title to Twofold.

Top hats are no longer cool.

Last edited by BlackWaltzTheThird on Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vempele

Post by Vempele »

Pet peeve: auto-continue wait time should be be two parameters: per-character time (independent of the text speed) plus a per-line delay (could also add a third parameter - a delay for line breaks). And there's no reason not to let the user specify numerical values for these. Key perfected it all so many years ago, why hasn't everybody else copied their formula?

Bug: if text speed is at maximum, some lines appear and vanish instantly (and even if it's not at max, they still disappear too fast to _read_ (intended? I guess it could be a neat effect if text speed is close to your reading speed... but then you'd be forced to read everything at suboptimal speed), and won't show up if you press PageUp), even with autoread off. For example, the line between "Not exactly effective or intimidating if this is a burglar..." and "I push the door completely open."
TheForlornFox

Post by TheForlornFox »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:Top hats are cool.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Looks interesting though.
"The mark of a mature man is a certain scar he bears: the memory of a perfect woman never won, or of a once-true love forever lost. However much he may love you, he is only here because she is not." - Unknown
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

do you guys have an aproximate time estimation for the vn?:)
BlackWaltzTheThird

I'm not a dev, but:

In short, When It's Done™.

Last edited by BlackWaltzTheThird on Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.