Why Hanako Must Be Wearing A Wig

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Forever_ambivalent

Re: Why Hanako Must Be Wearing A Wig

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Thought I'd clarify: he looks like Misha does IN THAT HORRIFIC PICTURE :P
Hell, if I looked like Misha, I'd so be cosplaying that right now. Probably.
:evil: Y U trick me!
For some reason I keep on rejecting the thought that Natsume looks exactly like one of my friends but as an anime girl (and with disabilities and brunette hair). The moment you realize a certain character looks like somebody you know IRL it feels really strange and weird. I don't think guys who look feminine are very happy either.

Back on topic!
If you look at Hanako's sprite when she is leaning sideways It sort of does look like she is wearing a wig with how her hair is tilted.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:I don't think guys who look feminine are very happy either.
Why? Do they have some reason to be depressed?

I'd wager it's a wig simply because it's purple.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
Forever_ambivalent wrote:I don't think guys who look feminine are very happy either.

No shush natural purplehairs are a real thing gosh... they aren't though, and that's depressing.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:
Potato wrote:

No shush natural purplehairs are a real thing gosh... they aren't though, and that's depressing.
I knew someone whose hair was purple...I destroyed this house searching for hair dye, there was none. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Potato wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
Potato wrote:I'd wager it's a wig simply because it's purple.
I knew someone whose hair was purple...I destroyed this house searching for hair dye, there was none. :lol:
This is a Visual Novel based on the Japanese Anime/Manga style.
Outlandish colours like Purple and Blue? Usually a stylistic choice for black.

Here's a perfect example:
Ciel from Tsukihime? That's blue right?
Wrong.
Shiki says, in the Visual Novel, in his thoughts that her hair is black.

Conversely, this raises the question of if Hanako and Shizune's (seeing as how Ciel's hair is lighter than Shizune's :lol: ) hair colour is actually those colours, or just a stylistic choice for black.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Steinherz wrote:This is a Visual Novel based on the Japanese Anime/Manga style.
Outlandish colours like Purple and Blue? Usually a stylistic choice for black.
Old colour separation printing displayed shades of black as blue pretty often. This is why Batman always looks like he's wearing dark blue in the old comics. You'll see the same thing in Superman's hair and suchlike.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Potato

Post by Potato »

Steinherz wrote:Conversely, this raises the question of if Hanako and Shizune's hair colour is actually those colours
I vote yes, based on my previous anecdote proving that these fucked up hair colors can apparently be natural. :lol:
Seeker91

Post by Seeker91 »

It is highly probable to lose your hair from being burned but it is not certain. I had a girl at my school who had suffered severe burns on her whole face and hands, not light burns, her facial features were severely damaged, and she had even lost a couple of fingers. Yet, she had an almost full head of hair, she had some very little bald spots near her ear. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a wig, I had seen her pull it back to a ponytail for PE and to dry it when it got wet on a rainy day.
"The things that I want", by Hanako Ikezawa. A chocolate bar. A cup of tea. For the sun to shine. I want to sleep to forget. To change the past. My parents and skin back. Unlimited chess pieces and a license to skip turns. Right then, more than anything, I wanted him.
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

I'm going to post this here since no one else seemed to bring it up.
Scars don't always reflect where specifically you were injured. Some scars, burn scars in particular are notorious for this, can spread. I think Hanako's severe burns were mostly isolated to her back and shoulder and that what we see on her face was just the scars spreading.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Pyramid Head wrote:I'm going to post this here since no one else seemed to bring it up.
Scars don't always reflect where specifically you were injured. Some scars, burn scars in particular are notorious for this, can spread. I think Hanako's severe burns were mostly isolated to her back and shoulder and that what we see on her face was just the scars spreading.
That would answer a lot of questions.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Pyramid Head wrote:I'm going to post this here since no one else seemed to bring it up.
I just got a mental image of her scars spreading more and more until she became totally red and turned into Carnage. I can't tell if this makes me a bad person, or just a creative person. Maybe both?
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

See, this is why you run your finger under a cold tap after burning it while cooking.

Darkman didn't, and now look at him. He doesn't even have lips.

Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

metalangel wrote:
See, this is why you run your finger under a cold tap after burning it while cooking.

Darkman didn't, and now look at him. He doesn't even have lips.
Trust me, unlike SilentCook i'm a real cook and can attest to this...
Running a burn under cold water does NOT prevent a scar from appearing. All it does is dull the pain. And in fact you can actually make the damage WORSE if the water is too cold. And ice? Hooooooly shit. Don't ever put ice on a burn.

Oh by the way, try to remember oven racks often can be pulled out. You don't actually have to try and fit your big fucking meat claw in between racks in a 400F oven.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Pyramid Head wrote:Oh by the way, try to remember oven racks often can be pulled out. You don't actually have to try and fit your big fucking meat claw in between racks in a 400F oven.
Spatulas are your friend in situations like that too. Remember that now, Hanako.
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

What's cooking? Lets hope we don't burn anything lol....I'm a terrible person :(

Anyway Jokes aside, I'm fairly certain that unless their third degree burns, the hair follicles wont be damaged. Although I don't think the devs were all that clear on Hanako's level of burns. Third degree would be most likely, but second degree might be possible as well. "Third-degree burns are the most serious because they affect all the layers of skin, and they often cause permanent tissue and nerve damage, which can cause the injury to be relatively painless. Skin burned this badly can look white, black or brown, and it will not heal without extensive scarring."(http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-ca ... burns2.htm)

I read an article were doctors grew hair back even after the girl was burned. If you want to check it out, here it is:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... scalp.html