Recommend a VN

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Oddball

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Oddball »

SpunkySix wrote:Yeah, that's rough all around. I wonder if these people in real life are bothered by the glorification of anime yanderes.
I've never cared for them.

Of course I don't use the word "yandere". I usually refer to them as "psycho-bitches".
Not Dead Yet
Velitation

Post by Velitation »

SpunkySix wrote:http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/529708

Air Pressure is a really short, but interesting take on a pre-existing relationship, that may or may not be a metaphor for drug addiction. Thank Someguy for reminding me of this one.
I found Air Pressure to be very good, considering it is a port from another platform. However, I think the topic is self mutilation. It makes more sense than drug addiction, from what others have commented.
[fahsign]Velitation[/fahsign] Remember, it's just a game.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Velitation wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/529708

Air Pressure is a really short, but interesting take on a pre-existing relationship, that may or may not be a metaphor for drug addiction. Thank Someguy for reminding me of this one.
I found Air Pressure to be very good, considering it is a port from another platform. However, I think the topic is self mutilation. It makes more sense than drug addiction, from what others have commented.
Interesting, first I've heard of the theory. What makes you think that?
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Velitation

Post by Velitation »

SpunkySix wrote:Interesting, first I've heard of the theory. What makes you think that?
Well, it has to do with what the nurse says when he's in the hospital. She says that he lucky not hitting a nerve or arteries, which would refer to damage/bleeding out from well, you know. Also, he mentions that 'she' stuck around his arm and has been there ever since, indicating a scar. However, it's probably up to the interpretation of the reader. Air Pressure could refer to the pressure in the needle of a drug, for example.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Velitation wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:Interesting, first I've heard of the theory. What makes you think that?
Well, it has to do with what the nurse says when he's in the hospital. She says that he lucky not hitting a nerve or arteries, which would refer to damage/bleeding out from well, you know. Also, he mentions that 'she' stuck around his arm and has been there ever since, indicating a scar. However, it's probably up to the interpretation of the reader. Air Pressure could refer to the pressure in the needle of a drug, for example.
Alright, that makes sense. Neat.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Has anyone mentioned in this thread that more chapters of Kendo Crush have been released? ^^ They're great.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

OtakuNinja wrote:Has anyone mentioned in this thread that more chapters of Kendo Crush have been released? ^^ They're great.

That looks like an awesome VN, ill start monitoring that.

Anyone know of any good Dating/life like (Kinda like KS) VNs? Ive seen a couple that look interesting but forking out $80 is a bummer, If you know of any with good art and writing that dont cost a fortune, please share with me :3
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Potato

Post by Potato »

So I've yet to actually play this one (though it has been downloaded) but I've heard good things and it's got a lot of puns (and dragons)...Plus I know people who worked on it so I'm obligated to spread it around...Plus the music loop on this page is just damn pleasant.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:So I've yet to actually play this one (though it has been downloaded) but I've heard good things and it's got a lot of puns (and dragons)...Plus I know people who worked on it so I'm obligated to spread it around...Plus the music loop on this page is just damn pleasant.
Looks pretty cool. Reminds me of Fire Emblem, for some reason.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

OtakuNinja wrote:Has anyone mentioned in this thread that more chapters of Kendo Crush have been released? ^^ They're great.
I'm trying to wait till they're all finished until I play it, though I have read through the information on it countless times and I think I'm becoming twitchy. I KNOW that if I play the demo it'll be SO frustrating not to play the rest, but I doubt I'm gonna hold out much longer :P
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
I'm trying to wait till they're all finished until I play it, though I have read through the information on it countless times and I think I'm becoming twitchy. I KNOW that if I play the demo it'll be SO frustrating not to play the rest, but I doubt I'm gonna hold out much longer :P
I agree with this.
But damn i want to play, looks sweet.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
I agree with this.
But damn i want to play, looks sweet.
That's how I feel about demos in general. Heck, I recently almost burst an artery trying to avoid the Mario Kart 8 demo until release day when I could actually get the game.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

I tried my best to not play the KS demo until the whole game was available. But then I did, and the day after I discovered that the game actually had been released. :lol:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Potato

Post by Potato »

Avoiding demos is among the most nonsensical practices possible. :P

Anyway...I'm gonna leave this here...And you can decide if it's worth playing on your own. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Velitation

Post by Velitation »

Never thought I would see the day: Hatoful Boyfriend remake localized in English.

Well, shit.