Katawa Und Panzer

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Megumeru

Re: Katawa Und Panzer

Post by Megumeru »

Potato wrote:
Let Misha load, put Rin in with Shizune to critique her bad command choices in a deadpan voice. Let Kenji be the gunner. Lilly on radio because Hanako shouldn't be anywhere near a tank.
But that's the point. :lol:

It's a 'cripple' tank--a tank that couldn't even function to the slightest; nor will it combat-ready when asked for.

You have a commander who can't even give orders or even HEAR remarks from the crewmen.
A gunner who can't see what she's shooting at
A loader who doesn't have an arm to 'load' the shells into the chamber
A radio operator who has trouble working under pressure and in groups.
and finally, a driver with no legs.

If we're replacing Hanako, I'd put Misha in the radio because hey! We need one girl who's loud and genki to scream her voice in the radio with WAHAHAs! :lol:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

Lilly could still become a commander or possibly a Driver.
Drivers are pretty blind on a lot of tanks and have to depend on their commanders to tell them where to go. With precise and well explained orders from the commander (Rin would be perfect for this) she could drive a tank fairly well.
Lilly could become a commander in a TD. Normally the noise in a tank would prevent her from hearing any tanks but in a TD the tank will be still most of the time. She could easily identify whether there are any enemy tanks moving around them by listening. In such situations (which you will find yourself in often if you drive a Stug or a zrinyi) she would probably be more useful than a seeing person.

Misha would be a good radio operator. put her alongside Shizune so that Shizune could also become a commander and communicate to the rest of the team via Misha.

Hanako could be a good driver. Her constant tenseness could prove useful. She would escape ASAP the moment she hears an enemy shell coming towards her. With her knowledge of chess perhaps she would prepare an escape route for her to run away into as soon danger arrives. She seems to be quite a tactical person after all.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Forever_ambivalent wrote: Lilly could become a commander in a TD. Normally the noise in a tank would prevent her from hearing any tanks but in a TD the tank will be still most of the time. She could easily identify whether there are any enemy tanks moving around them by listening. In such situations (which you will find yourself in often if you drive a Stug or a zrinyi) she would probably be more useful than a seeing person.
:lol:

The primary job for a tank commander is to spot the enemy and direct the entire crew where to move and go--without it, the tank is pretty much crippled from the start (poor vision inside the tank with the only access for 'view' coming from the commander). Even for a tank destroyer--which will be situated behind from the more common 'frontline' tanks--it's even much more crucial for the commander to spot tanks coming into combat range (which could measure to 1200-2000m).

Lilly as the commander would have the gunner go 'where?? where??? what range??' all the time and she can't even tell what type it is, where it is coming from (from the sound itself, she can say something like 'somewhere xxx') but giving clear information on what range or even what type it is will be impossible. She would, however, probably be proficient with the radio.

Shizune can go as the loader, with Misha as the Commander (with her being the loader, tapping her on the shoulder and flashing a color-coded card or one written with 'AP/APHE/APHEBC/APCR/HE/HEAT' is enough to tell her what shell type to load), then--through some crazy idea--Emi as the gunner. Why? She has hands!

Hanako can be the driver, as long as she doesn't fall under immense pressure and near-insubordination due to fear since the driver needs to remain 'stable' when the gunner is engaging.
...of course, that's me not adding the fact that the ammunition rack of the PzIV series is stowed behind the driver, and the weakest spot of the PzIV frontally is the driver's slit. :twisted: :twisted:

SHII-HAEL!
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
demonix

Post by demonix »

Megumeru wrote:Oh this show!

Yeah, WoT was fun.

Was.

Good game featuring a more down-to-earth realistic tanking would be WT/War Thunder, hand's down. GuP is always a fun watch and a good chance to geek-out once in awhile (as well as calling out impossible feats.)

Also, why Ausf D for Shizune when she can have a Panther Ausf. G? Hohoho~

Now, if Yamaku goes into tankery...(I'm going to hell for this).

Now I'm basing this on the concept of a 5-man crew PanzerIV-series

name: Shizune Hakamichi
position: commander
comments: the head of the student council, no doubt. What's best is when the commander can't hear or speak/command her crew due to her disability.

name: Lilly Satou
position: Gunner
comments: blind, no doubt. A gunner without the ability to see her target--even with good high-quality optics

name: Rin Tezuka
position: loader
comments: armless, but hey--those shells would be loaded into the chamber aaaaanytime soon.

name: Hanako Ikezawa
position: Radio Operator
comments: physical trauma, as well as problems to work in large group. Give her the radio, and make her relay and communicate to the entire panzer gruppe!

name: Emi Ibarazaki
position: Driver
comments: assuming she has to push on the pedal, I don't see any problem with it (since tanks featured mostly uses clutches as steering--bar the Tiger), except maybe her height...oh well, let her be the driver!

And with that, we have a fully 'crippled' tank! Now I shall hide *cower*

On a more serious note:
Lilly is definitely not applicable for the driver, gunner, commander, or loader position as her lack of vision would severely hampers all forms of actions--radio operator would be more likely.

As much as I can see Shizune as the commander, it would work IF AND ONLY IF Misha is there to relay all her information--which she isn't. A position that would be beneficial would be either driver, gunner, or loader with a few aid here and there.

After looking further, it may be safe to conclude that Shizune, Lilly, and Rin would not complete the 'checklist' to be applicable for sensha do. Emi and Hanako still can snuggle into a few position effectively.
Lilly might be able to be a loader, considering how she organises the books in her room, she could easily do the same with the shells in a tank and if she's given the time to acclimate herself to her respective area she could still load the shells without many issues (also her hearing could come into play too since she could provide recon on any approaching tanks).

Rin wouldn't let something like no arms stop her from being a loader either since like her painting, she'll load the shells with her feet with a bit of assistance to pick them up and ram the shell home.

Also I think that the student council (as the student council in GuP did) would have their own tank while roping the female (remember, I'm sticking to the GuP world here) Hisao into being on their team.

If I put up my thoughts of one Yamaku tankery team, I'd probably be shot on sight considering whom I'd put as the commander (I was thinking about doing a KuP story, but I decided not to since it would take a hell of a lot of work to consider what to do before I even started).
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

demonix wrote:(also her hearing could come into play too since she could provide recon on any approaching tanks).
Keep in mind, tanks are quite noisy places to be in.
I sometimes have to drive my forklift into Shipping containers and that's pretty loud (not to mention stuffy and hot). Just imagine that, but with the addition of a cannon firing every now and then.
This being said, I've never been in a tank before.
One day, Mike. One day~
If I put up my thoughts of one Yamaku tankery team, I'd probably be shot on sight considering whom I'd put as the commander (I was thinking about doing a KuP story, but I decided not to since it would take a hell of a lot of work to consider what to do before I even started).
You've got me curious now :P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Forever_ambivalent

Lilly would not be able to do any loading because that would be too ridiculously dangerous (and slow to top it up).
What do you think will happen to her if the tank jumps over a rock or ,even worse, get hit by another tank while she is loading. It's just a bad idea. Not to mention how slow the loading would be.
Lilly wouldn't be able to do any listening recon unless the tank is stationary and is not under any fire or around any allied tanks (which is why I specified assault guns for Lilly to be commander in). Tanks are ridiculously loud. I've been in one and I have seen a large number of them in action. I had to take painkillers because of the headache I got from the noise. It was worth it though.

Considering how much seeing stuff is important for the commander it is prolly best to not let Lilly be a commander either. A driver could work but I think it may be best to have somebody who can see for that role. It could work though.

Lilly would do best as a radio operator in a TD. She should be fine operating a radio and can use her exceptional hearing whenever the tank stops to detect any tanks that may be crawling around behind them. Although I don't her hearing is that good or that such problems may ever occur.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Megumeru wrote:It's a 'cripple' tank--a tank that couldn't even function to the slightest; nor will it combat-ready when asked for.
Cruel and unusual...

Why isn't Jigoro somewhere in this tank? He's clearly suited for war. :P
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Potato wrote:
Megumeru wrote:It's a 'cripple' tank--a tank that couldn't even function to the slightest; nor will it combat-ready when asked for.
Cruel and unusual...

Why isn't Jigoro somewhere in this tank? He's clearly suited for war. :P
Jigoro would be in a Tiger II tank with maybe Akira driving it.

That's it.

He wouldn't ask anyone else to be the loader, the gunner, the radio operator--nothing. He'd yell at Akira: "drive me closer! I want to hit him with my katana!"

SHII-HAEL!
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Rin wouldn't let something like no arms stop her from being a loader either since like her painting, she'll load the shells with her feet with a bit of assistance to pick them up and ram the shell home.
I don't think she could. I doubt she could get a good enough grip on the shells with her feet to pull it off and even if she did, there really isn't enough room inside a tank for her to function.
I have.

Lilly would also be useless. Tanks are simply too loud for her. She wouldn't be able to hear anything except the sound of the tank and that's not exactly useful.
Not Dead Yet
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Megumeru wrote:
Potato wrote: Why isn't Jigoro somewhere in this tank? He's clearly suited for war. :P
Jigoro would be in a Tiger II tank with maybe Akira driving it.

That's it.

He wouldn't ask anyone else to be the loader, the gunner, the radio operator--nothing. He'd yell at Akira: "drive me closer! I want to hit him with my katana!"
"You call that Clutch Braking?! Your're about as useless as that Sweater-vest boy!"

Jigoro proceeds to jump out of the tank and pull Akira out of the Driver's seat, so he can pilot the tank all by himself.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Forever_ambivalent

Oddball wrote:
I have.

Lilly would also be useless. Tanks are simply too loud for her. She wouldn't be able to hear anything except the sound of the tank and that's not exactly useful.
I wonder how Radio operators work then. If Lilly (who has a keen sense of hearing) cannot hear anything than how do radio operators work? Don't radio operators have to listen and relay information?
I'm sure Lilly could be a fairly competent Radio operator.
But Lilly wouldn't be able to spot any tank by ear. It's pretty hard to hear stuff 3000 meters away. Especially when there is the background noise (which can be pretty darn loud if the tank is moving around) from a tank.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I wonder how Radio operators work then. If Lilly (who has a keen sense of hearing) cannot hear anything than how do radio operators work?
Headsets with microphones. Even then you're yelling and there's a lot of noise.

Of course it also depends on the size of the tank you're talking about. With any types, being the radio operator is a secondary task performed by the tank commander or even the loader.
Not Dead Yet
Forever_ambivalent

Oddball wrote:
I wonder how Radio operators work then. If Lilly (who has a keen sense of hearing) cannot hear anything than how do radio operators work?

Of course it also depends on the size of the tank you're talking about. With any types, being the radio operator is a secondary task performed by the tank commander or even the loader.
I was being sarcastic. I know that they use headsets with microphones. I'm pretty sure Lilly can yell fine. I don't think she has any throat problems. There should be no problems with Lilly being a radio operator.

And it seems that being a Radio operator is always a secondary task for the commander/loader in every single tank there is. Tank historians who have spent several years researching and investigating tanks are clearly bullshitting when they say that the Panther, T-34, Panzer IV and M4 Sherman (alongside a lot of other tanks) usually had a separate person to be a radio operator as well. All of these tanks were driven by only 4 crew members.
By the way I am being sarcastic.

Where do you get these facts from? Please don't tell me you are just randomly making up facts.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:
Oddball wrote:

I was being sarcastic. I know that they use headsets with microphones. I'm pretty sure Lilly can yell fine. I don't think she has any throat problems. There should be no problems with Lilly being a radio operator.

And it seems that being a Radio operator is always a secondary task for the commander/loader in every single tank there is. Tank historians who have spent several years researching and investigating tanks are clearly bullshitting when they say that the Panther, T-34, Panzer IV and M4 Sherman (alongside a lot of other tanks) usually had a separate person to be a radio operator as well. All of these tanks were driven by only 4 crew members.

Where do you get these facts from? Please don't tell me you are just randomly making up facts.
2 years of service in a U.S. Army Tank Battalion. M-1 Abrams. I was the Chemical Operations so I rarely got any time inside the tanks myself, but I worked with them quite a bit and went along in my unit commanders tank on several occasions.

... I also just noticed a typo that completley changed the meaning of my post. It should have said with MANY types, not ANY types. My fault. :oops:
Not Dead Yet
Forever_ambivalent

Oddball wrote:
Forever_ambivalent wrote: I was being sarcastic. I know that they use headsets with microphones. I'm pretty sure Lilly can yell fine. I don't think she has any throat problems. There should be no problems with Lilly being a radio operator.

2 years of service in a U.S. Army Tank Battalion. M-1 Abrams. I was the Chemical Operations so I rarely got any time inside the tanks myself, but I worked with them quite a bit and went along in my unit commanders tank on several occasions.

... I also just noticed a typo that completley changed the meaning of my post. It should have said with MANY types, not ANY types. My fault. :oops:
Oh LoL. Most rage inducing typo I have ever encountered on the internet :lol: I'm glad I can laugh it off though. Sorry for being so aggresive over your typo.

BTW Katawa und panzer can only use WW2 era tanks and tank destroyers (we are somewhat following the rules that is used in Girls und Panzer). Some of the most famous and most manufactured tanks back then somewhat required a fifth person to operate the radio. Lilly would definitely be of use there.
I suppose Lilly could also drive a tank as well.I'm not entirely sure though but I know that in some WW2 tank drivers had very limited visibility and depended a lot on their commanders to tell them where to go.