Katawa Und Panzer

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Steinherz

Re: Katawa Und Panzer

Post by Steinherz »

Silentcook wrote:People, I positively love WW2 material, GuP and WoT, but not when they start appearing standalone on these forums. Please keep to the original topic - no Katawa, no dice.
The stand-alone started with a question related to our Katawa tank crews though :lol:

Also, anyone think Shizune would be the girl to pull out a fucking Merkava or Abrams while the rest of the cast is using WWII - Cold War tanks?
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

Apologies, got a bit ahead of myself. Back on topic.

So if, by some quirk, a clash involving our heroines breaks out, how do you think they'd handle the situation?
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
Potato

Post by Potato »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:When it comes to historical accuracy WoT is a bundle of shit.
Gee, it's almost like it's a video game and not a history lesson.

@Aussie: Shizune would take charge. The rest would either follow suit or start a mutiny.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

AussieInquisitor wrote:Apologies, got a bit ahead of myself. Back on topic.

So if, by some quirk, a clash involving our heroines breaks out, how do you think they'd handle the situation?
They would fight to the death. It will most probably lead to Rin and Emi running away and Hanako hiding somewhere while Shizune and Lilly proceed onto killing each other.
Fortunately Hanako and Misha will stop the whole conflict. Or Hisao will have another heart attack and all the girls take him to hospital thus ending the fight.
This is why there is no harem end in Katawa Shoujo.

@Potato It isn't nice when thousands of people go around believing that a lot of these fake tanks exist. The game never says that these tanks are fake either. A lot of the parameters are lies as well. It's also a ridiculously popular game which lots of people play. The effects that this causes is pretty obvious and very infuriating.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:@Potato It isn't nice when thousands of people go around believing that a lot of these fake tanks exist. The effects that this causes is pretty obvious and very infuriating.
Oh please, do tell me of all the horribly mean and infuriating effects a video game has on the masses, Glenn Beck.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

C'mon kids, if you've got beef, keep it to the PMs :lol:

@Aussie
By "clash", do you mean Tank Battle or the crews getting pissy with each other?
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
demonix

Post by demonix »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:Miki: Driver (she can still drive a tank without a hand probably)
Unlikely, as most of the tanks shown in GuP don't have a steering wheel, and even then the only one that did (the B1 crewed by the hall monitors) would most likely still need both hands to steer so she couldn't be a driver (although she might end up considering it as boring as hell after a while).

And to go OT for a second.
Steinherz wrote:St. Gloriana Women's Academy uses British, Saunders College High uses American, Anzio Academy uses Italian, Pravda High School is Russian and Kuromorimine Women's College uses German.

Ōarai Girls' Academy has a:
Panzer IV Ausf. D (German), Type 89 I-Go (Japan), StuG III (German), M3 Lee (American), Pz38(t) (Czech) which was upgraded to a Jagdpanzer 38(t) "Hetzer" (German), Char B1 bis (French), Type 3 Chi-Nu (Japanese), and a Porsche Tiger aka Tiger(P) (German).

4 out of 9 isn't that much anyways
Saunders also has a British tank as the firefly was an M4 that was stripped down, strengthened and fitted with a long barrel 17ib cannon (I had to dig through the 2 GuP bonus episodes for that information), and the Oarai Panzer IV Ausf. D was modified to look more like the Ausf. H version in the battle against Koromorimine.

And to get back on topic, if Yamaku was in the GuP world and participating in tankery then it would be on it's own ship and would also be a girls only school so Kenji wouldn't even be involved (it is a martial art for girls).
Forever_ambivalent

demonix wrote:
Forever_ambivalent wrote:Miki: Driver (she can still drive a tank without a hand probably)
Unlikely, as most of the tanks shown in GuP don't have a steering wheel, and even then the only one that did (the B1 crewed by the hall monitors) would most likely still need both hands to steer so she couldn't be a driver (although she might end up considering it as boring as hell after a while).

And to go OT for a second.
Steinherz wrote:St. Gloriana Women's Academy uses British, Saunders College High uses American, Anzio Academy uses Italian, Pravda High School is Russian and Kuromorimine Women's College uses German.

Ōarai Girls' Academy has a:
Panzer IV Ausf. D (German), Type 89 I-Go (Japan), StuG III (German), M3 Lee (American), Pz38(t) (Czech) which was upgraded to a Jagdpanzer 38(t) "Hetzer" (German), Char B1 bis (French), Type 3 Chi-Nu (Japanese), and a Porsche Tiger aka Tiger(P) (German).

4 out of 9 isn't that much anyways
Saunders also has a British tank as the firefly was an M4 that was stripped down, strengthened and fitted with a long barrel 17ib cannon (I had to dig through the 2 GuP bonus episodes for that information), and the Oarai Panzer IV Ausf. D was modified to look more like the Ausf. H version in the battle against Koromorimine.

And to get back on topic, if Yamaku was in the GuP world and participating in tankery then it would be on it's own ship and would also be a girls only school so Kenji wouldn't even be involved (it is a martial art for girls).
I know tanks don't have steering wheels. The have leaves and a gearbox. With skillful technique Miki could hook her arm around the leaver to move that around and use her right arm entire for all the gearbox stuff.

Did you have to watch the 2 GuP bonus episodes to find that? You could have just googled Sherman Firefly and gotten the same information in less than 10 minutes. There are quite a few British modifications on American tanks.

Let's say that tankery is for both sexes (I hate that sexist aspect of it anyway) and that Hisao and Kenji can join. Lets also say that Hisao has strengthened his heart by using magical heart chip technology so that he won't get a heart attack every time the tank shoots or they get hit by a shot.
What tanks do you think they would drive? You can use tanks from any country and all character's that were at least mentioned in KS. You can substitute 1 role but it has to make sense. You cannot have the commander also be a driver in a panzer 4. You can have the Radio operator be the loader though or the gunner to also be the loader. Stuff like that. Naturally the tanks will have to be actual real tanks that were produced.
So what would team Yamaku be like?
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:
demonix wrote:
I know tanks don't have steering wheels. The have leaves and a gearbox. With skillful technique Miki could hook her arm around the leaver to move that around and use her right arm entire for all the gearbox stuff.
Chances are, since this is a competition, they'd have handicaps in place for the obviously disabled Yamaku tankers. If Miki would be a driver, she'd probably have a specially adapted lever. A prosthetic cup on an oddly shaped stick instead of a regular stick, for example.
Forever_ambivalent wrote:So what would team Yamaku be like?
I still stand by my idea of two characters manning a Renault FT :P
I'm in love with the idea of them arriving late to every battle, the audible sound of a heated arguement overcoming the engine; each blaming the other for the poor choice in tank
And then when the main tanks are stuck in a rut with no clear escape, the little FT-17 comes to the unexpected rescue by being so slow that everyone forgot about it
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Forever_ambivalent

Munchenhausen find the girls for the tank. I think the two girls who were at the end of Shizune's path (new student council members) would be nice.
I think it would be better to go for a more modern 2 manned tank. At least the FT 75 BS. That can do some fighting at least. I would suggest a D2 tank with the radio operator also being done by the commander.

I will take this opportunity to put in Lilly's team into a tank. Since I wrote so much about Hungarian tanks and because the Zrinyi 1 has an even lower profile than the stug 3 (meaning harder to see) and has a pretty nice gun I thought I may as well put some girls in it. BTW the tank you choose for the girls will have to relate to them. At least the main characters in the tank. The Zrinyi is very stealthy (hard to see) while packing a punch (firepower).
I think that relates to Hanako and Lilly.

Commander = Lilly
Gunner = Hanako
Driver = Akira
Loader = Yuuko.

http://blog.tankpedia.org/wp-content/up ... roundz.jpg
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

demonix wrote:Saunders also has a British tank as the firefly was an M4 that was stripped down, strengthened and fitted with a long barrel 17ib cannon (I had to dig through the 2 GuP bonus episodes for that information), and the Oarai Panzer IV Ausf. D was modified to look more like the Ausf. H version in the battle against Koromorimine.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that.
Forever_ambivalent wrote:
demonix wrote: And to get back on topic, if Yamaku was in the GuP world and participating in tankery then it would be on it's own ship and would also be a girls only school so Kenji wouldn't even be involved (it is a martial art for girls).
Let's say that tankery is for both sexes (I hate that sexist aspect of it anyway) and that Hisao and Kenji can join. Lets also say that Hisao has strengthened his heart by using magical heart chip technology so that he won't get a heart attack every time the tank shoots or they get hit by a shot.
What tanks do you think they would drive? You can use tanks from any country and all character's that were at least mentioned in KS. You can substitute 1 role but it has to make sense. You cannot have the commander also be a driver in a panzer 4. You can have the Radio operator be the loader though or the gunner to also be the loader. Stuff like that. Naturally the tanks will have to be actual real tanks that were produced.
So what would team Yamaku be like?
I'm sorry, but Girls und Panzer has even shown canonically that the "Tanks are Girls-Only"-thing is bullshit. Because they name-drop Erwin Rommel and a few other male tank commanders from history that are in theirs, and they never use female pronouns. So yeah :lol:

Yamaku would probably be like the Ōarai academy and have tanks from all over.
I can definitely see Kenji's "Manliness!!!!!!!!" requiring a Tiger II or a Löwe.
Hisao might be the commander/gunner of a (US) T95.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:At least the FT 75 BS. That can do some fighting at least.
Admittedly, most of my Tank knowledge comes from WoT, but that's an SPG isn't it? An artillery piece?
Dunno about real life, but definitely in-game they're next to useless at medium-close range
The Zrinyi is very stealthy (hard to see) while packing a punch (firepower).
Just googled that. That is a sexy mother.
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
poopooface

Post by poopooface »

Potato wrote:
Forever_ambivalent wrote:@Potato It isn't nice when thousands of people go around believing that a lot of these fake tanks exist. The effects that this causes is pretty obvious and very infuriating.
Oh please, do tell me of all the horribly mean and infuriating effects a video game has on the masses, Glenn Beck.
Don't know what beef you two have going on, but Jesus Christ stop acting like a child and be civil. You constantly try to start shit with this guy.
Hanako>Lilly>Emi>Rin>Shizune
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

poopooface wrote:
Potato wrote:
Don't know what beef you two have going on, but Jesus Christ stop acting like a child and be civil. You constantly try to start shit with this guy.
In all fairness, I doubt some made up tanks are killing anybody. If you're learning tank knowledge from video games and taking it at face value, then that's a problem in and of itself.

Come to think of it, Katawa Tanks would make an awesome game. I'd play that.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Forever_ambivalent

Munchenhausen wrote:
Forever_ambivalent wrote:At least the FT 75 BS. That can do some fighting at least.
Admittedly, most of my Tank knowledge comes from WoT, but that's an SPG isn't it? An artillery piece?
Dunno about real life, but definitely in-game they're next to useless at medium-close range
The Zrinyi is very stealthy (hard to see) while packing a punch (firepower).
Just googled that. That is a sexy mother.
It is an SPG but that doesn't mean it can't play as a TD. Quite a lot of Russian TD are technically SPG's in WoT.
Nah the Renault 75 BS is defiantly more useful than a Renault FT. It could be a pretty nice TD and destroy all of the small light tanks and attack the mediums and heavies from their sides and rear.

If you want a sexy Hungarian tank go check out the 44M Tas and Tas Rohamlovig. The Tas Rohamlovig is the sexiest TD design ever.

@SpunkySix Munchenhausen isn't alone in only learning about tank history from this game. Actually he is being a bit more dilligant and is trying to figure out which tanks were made or not and some history about the tanks.
I understand your point but WG EU openly states that WoT is a historical game. The community really does take the game at face value. It may sound a little exaggerated or stupid but it is true. Last time I went to the tank museum there were hords of people just walking around and talking about WoT with each other and spouting nonsense about certain tanks.
It's one of the things that really pisses me off. People making up information and stating it as a fact.

Anyway if you think Katawa tanks would be an awesome game than we need some tanks for the characters.