Incoming

WORDS WORDS WORDS

DuaneMoody

Incoming

Post by DuaneMoody »

The streets of the city gave way to the narrower, more town-like roads as the limousine made its way towards Yamaku Academy. Inside, a man seemingly born to wear either the expression of worry or disappointment faced his only daughter, already blossoming into a young woman. Her eyes did not meet his, but the flared nostrils and folded arms said enough. The sun glared through the roof but it had no effect on her cataracted corneas, at least what was visible of them through messily combed bangs.

"«I don't need to go here, Father.»"
"We are not in the Consulate, speak Japanese. I certainly spent enough having you tutored."
"As you wish, Father. I would have been just as happy to stay in Taiwan."
"Your mother and I both agreed that it would be better to keep you closer."
"You mean, under your watch."
"I am now a consul. It would not do for my only daughter to be involved in the sort of misadventures you and your -- " He was lost for words.
"My friends, Father."
"Very well, your friends. You are becoming an adult, and you need structure before you can carry our family's name forward."
"You mean protection. In a cripple school."
"In a school where you can stop fighting and start learning. You have no idea how much money it cost us to have your --incidents-- hushed up at the last three schools you attended back in Taiwan."
For a change, it was his daughter's turn to be quiet. She resigned herself to her fate, to be handed a cane and sit with other blind students, the weak and the afraid, probably sent there to be forgotten by their parents.

The gates opened and the limousine curled up to the entrance. Her father cleared his throat. "I must speak to the headmaster. Please stay here until I return." After what felt like hours, her father returned and said "Your things have already been sent to your new room. Please take better care of this one." He kissed her head, they said formal goodbyes and his limousine took him away, leaving her to feel the warm sun on her face and smell the newly cut grass. The footsteps of a woman came up and she introduced herself as Ms. Miyagi, the teacher of 3-2.

Miyagi tried to make small talk but found the girl to be distant, answering in monosyllables. This was not unusual with new students, and her own orientation at Yamaku years before had trained her not to take this personally. Up the stairs they went to room 3-2, and they entered together as the rest of the classroom recognized her footsteps and stopped gossiping and fidgeting.

"Class, we have a new student, and she says she would like to introduce herself to you."

"Good morning, 3-2. My name is Toph bei Fong."
Last edited by DuaneMoody on Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
SirMax

Re: Incoming

Post by SirMax »

hahaha! Aw, man, I didn't see that one coming. Nicely done.
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

I am amazed, and know not what to say.
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

Well played.
Attachments
1242710794118.png
1242710794118.png (39.65 KiB) Viewed 5958 times
Unami Araragi

Post by Unami Araragi »

Hmm, I was wondering who that girl was. XD
Just questioning, but shouldn't she be in the same class as Lilly, considering she's blind and all?
D00d

Post by D00d »

I expect a huge earthquake near yamaku soon.
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

Unami Araragi wrote:Hmm, I was wondering who that girl was. XD
Just questioning, but shouldn't she be in the same class as Lilly, considering she's blind and all?
Shit. I thought 3-3 was Lilly's class.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

no the blind class is 3-2
Vertical

Post by Vertical »

A nice short Moody. I figured it wasn't Lilly by the time you got to Tawain. Lilly would make no sense at that point.
Imagine me and you...
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

DuaneMoody wrote:messily combed bangs."
I FUKEN KNEW IT
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
RinIsMyWaifu

Post by RinIsMyWaifu »

WHAT.
Ahsab

Post by Ahsab »

Ahahahahaha, loved it.
My Favorite Quote:
"Back away from my Computer and no one finds out what it's like to be put through a meat processor." -Me

Hydra

Post by Hydra »

WHAT IS BLIND.png
WHAT IS BLIND.png (221.48 KiB) Viewed 5601 times