If it were real!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

bhtooefr

Re: If it were real!

Post by bhtooefr »

Potato, show me where on the doll linkoid touched you, when he used you to take a picture.

Because that was taken on a potato.

On topic, If I really went to high school at Yamaku, I might have fallen for Hanako (and then nothing would have happened between us, other than her being potentially creeped out and actively avoiding me). Suzu as another possibility, too, possibly with the same result. Even though back then Lilly was closer to my physical preferences (which changed not long after high school, Emi and Akira would be better descriptions of my current physical preferences), I would've instantly written her off as being out of my league (which would've actually made it easier for me to interact with someone like her - I wouldn't have much in common with her, but whatever interaction we'd have would likely be pleasant).

And I'd have wanted nothing to do with Shizune, Misha, or especially Rin, and I wouldn't really get close to Emi.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
brythain

Post by brythain »

This is from the experience of having dated young ladies very similar in personality profile to our favourite Yamaku girls. I've not been comfortable dating Lilly-types, have lasted longer with Emi-types but not much longer, have survived Hanako-types and Misha-types, hung out with Rin-types and Miki-types, and eventually ended up staying married to a Shizune-type for a reasonably long time. :D

So if it were real, I can see which route I'd have ended up in eventually...
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Hotkey

Post by Hotkey »

I fell in love with a Lilly, once. She was beautiful, polite, intelligent, and eighteen. My first crush. Didn't like me back. Broke my heart. Years and years ago, now.
brythain wrote:This is from the experience of having dated young ladies very similar in personality profile to our favourite Yamaku girls. I've not been comfortable dating Lilly-types, have lasted longer with Emi-types but not much longer, have survived Hanako-types and Misha-types, hung out with Rin-types and Miki-types, and eventually ended up staying married to a Shizune-type for a reasonably long time. :D
Dude, that's seven girls. And you wrote 'types' for six of them, meaning you must have dated at least two of each of those girl-types.

That's... * Accessories -> Calculator * ... at least thirteen girls you've dated :shock:. You've dated more girls than most humans have fingers!
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Hotkey wrote:I fell in love with a Lilly, once. She was beautiful, polite, intelligent, and eighteen. My first crush. Didn't like me back. Broke my heart. Years and years ago, now.
brythain wrote:This is from the experience of having dated young ladies very similar in personality profile to our favourite Yamaku girls. I've not been comfortable dating Lilly-types, have lasted longer with Emi-types but not much longer, have survived Hanako-types and Misha-types, hung out with Rin-types and Miki-types, and eventually ended up staying married to a Shizune-type for a reasonably long time. :D
Dude, that's seven girls. And you wrote 'types' for six of them, meaning you must have dated at least two of each of those girl-types.

That's... * Accessories -> Calculator * ... at least thirteen girls you've dated :shock:. You've dated more girls than most humans have fingers!
You've dated more girls than one even!
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
brythain

Post by brythain »

Hotkey wrote:I fell in love with a Lilly, once. She was beautiful, polite, intelligent, and eighteen. My first crush. Didn't like me back. Broke my heart. Years and years ago, now.

D'awww, that's sad re your Lilly. I've had my heart severely strained by such a one, at least once. But that said, your dating calculations don't take into account overlap—my first severe crush was on someone who looked like Miki and behaved somewhat like Hanako. We're still friends, many years later. But I'm glad things went the way they did. :)

What's perhaps more pertinent (and useful) is what we learn about ourselves and the people we love (or have crushes on, if that's not the same in many cases). I look back and… I use that to write fanfics. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Atario

Post by Atario »

linkoid wrote:Don't worry miss i can handel them! im the only sensable young man around here! I have handeled them before! see?
http://s29.postimg.org/fwse7dw5j/HNI_0009_MPO.jpg
I looked at that way too long searching for the Water Music/Messiah puns…
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Ugh, Misha-types. I was FWBs with one, a proper relationship would never have worked because I couldn’t stand the airy-fairy, dense behaviour (and fat thighs)

The Emi-type I find much better because the cheerfulness is both genuine and tempered with other emotions. I tend to feed off the energy and it brings me out a bit.
Hotkey wrote: That's... * Accessories -> Calculator * ... at least thirteen girls you've dated :shock:. You've dated more girls than most humans have fingers!
How will you know what you like unless you’ve tried different things? Not just relationships – cars, too. For cars, go sit in or test drive a whole bunch, from different makers. Once you’ve decided on a model, don’t just buy the first one you see, try several and compare them.
brythain

Post by brythain »

metalangel wrote:
Hotkey wrote: That's... * Accessories -> Calculator * ... at least thirteen girls you've dated :shock:. You've dated more girls than most humans have fingers!
How will you know what you like unless you’ve tried different things? Not just relationships – cars, too. For cars, go sit in or test drive a whole bunch, from different makers. Once you’ve decided on a model, don’t just buy the first one you see, try several and compare them.
Yes indeed. I used a spreadsheet, with multiple factors. Turns out that I was on very safe ground to rank 'socioeconomic status' as the best indicator of future performance. Cold, but realistic.
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

Hanako. The game didn't make me cry, but I became super depressed for a week (and still feel so to an extent) because she'll never be real.

All I can hope for is that one day someone much like her does come along.

Worst case scenario, Lilly would be my second pick.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.