Akira Pseudo-Route [Complete!]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Hoitash

Re: Akira Pseudo-Route [Complete!]

Post by Hoitash »

Beautifully done. It's been a long ride, but I enjoyed it all the way.

Although it's been so long I'll need to reread the whole thing now, which is for the best, I'd say :wink:.

Oh and:
A scientists never needs a reason to set something on fire.
Well said.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
Numb

Post by Numb »

Why did I have to sit next to a window?
That was freaking genius man, love when something comes full circle like that. Huge congratulations on finishing, you did a great job. I feel like I should be posting a huge wall of compliments, but there are no words for this. This is a huge accomplishment, and it's hard to say something meaningful when I only picked this up last month. Great job Thanatos. Great job.
Currently working on: Notes for a new project (Coming Soon™)
I did KS and other songs on note blocks in Minecraft: Playlist here
Old works| Rooftops - An Emi Story| Christmas with the Hakamichis | Not Like Him - Rin Perspective|Blossom - A Miki pseudo-route
Triscuitable

Post by Triscuitable »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Nor have I ever forgotten the day that you refused to leave for Scotland with your mother and I.
...with your mother and me.
You've got to let it go dude. The "blank and I" versus "blank and me" usage is so minor that it's not considered a grammatical error by even the International Baccalaureate.
YourFavAnon

Post by YourFavAnon »

Well done, bud. Don't know if you plan on writing much more KS things now that you've managed to complete this (or write anything else at all), but I commend you for completing your story and writing something very, very good. I like that the ending wasn't quite cliche as a lot of endings seem. It ended on a one-liner, but there was no lovey-dovey stuff, no real form of the two characters really getting all mushy with each other; more or less, I'm trying to say it felt realistic. There was a realistic talk between two people in a romantic relationship that ended without really focusing on the two being lovers. The conversation between the two of them was nice and level-headed, very down to earth without really getting overly metaphorical and lengthy. Everything tied up short, sweet and to the point.

Again, well done. Be proud of your will to finish something that, while it's not a literary masterpiece, is something that you can look back on and be like 'damn, I wrote a lot that one time and it felt pretty good'. Wish I would have had your will to commitment when I was writing a lot, but hey, I still go around and write some shit when I feel the urge come on. Best of luck with whatever you choose to do writing-wise (if anything at all) in the future. But more importantly, be glad of your accomplishment and take some time to relax. ;)
I write things occasionally.

Dumps of my 35+ fics can be found here and here (including some non-KS stuff).
Deadpool021

Post by Deadpool021 »

And so it ends. Great work man. I always looked forward to your new chapters and was never disappointed. I wish we could send you back in time to work with 4LS to make this one of the canon routes of the VN :lol:

Congratulations! You must feel awesome in finally completing a project that took you over a year. Thanks for sharing this wonderful story with all of us.
Velitation

Post by Velitation »

A fitting denouement.

As for the story as a whole, I'm glad I found this when I did. Well done Thanatos. No one can take this accomplishment away from you.
[fahsign]Velitation[/fahsign] Remember, it's just a game.
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Blasphemy wrote:'Fly Me To The Moon' eh? Well, nothing left to say but

congratulations.gif
Damn, beaten to it.

I'm not sure there's much I can say that hasn't already been said. Writing continuously for nearly two years is an achievement in and of itself, let alone crafting a wonderful story in the process. I think back to those early chapters, where we criticized the contrivedness of Hisao's coincidental encounters with Akira, and I realise that, like Hisao's own story, it's only been up from there. It has been a hell of a ride, man. Thanks for taking us on it.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Frankyo

Post by Frankyo »

Bravo, well done. Beautiful fic with a wonderful message. Hisao seemed so lost in life, but by the end of the story, he's content and has goals to strive for, not to mention the lovely Akira by his side. The whole experience of reading this really felt like an actual route.

.....so the wine wasn't poisoned? :mrgreen:
Girls: Hanako/Misha > Lilly > Emi > Shizune/Rin
Routes: I realized that every route has its own charms, but felt that Shizune's was lackluster. It has Misha though!

"No masters or kings, when the ritual begins
There is no sweeter innocence than our gentle sin"
SirKaid

Post by SirKaid »

It's been a heck of a read, kudos. I like how you ended with the obvious parallels to the start, it really drove home how Hisao has changed from the man he used to be.
TheGoatman

Post by TheGoatman »

It was a nice ride, shame that its over. But all things, especially good ones, must come to an end. Good job thanatos and thanks for finishing this amazing story. While I cross my fingers for a sequel I know it won't happen anytime soon. If we ever cross paths, I'll be sure to buy you a beer.
I'm just a rusty old goat and a poor writer by anyone's standards, so no need to take my advice to heart, and when you do, take a handful of salt with it.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Triscuitable wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:
Nor have I ever forgotten the day that you refused to leave for Scotland with your mother and I.
...with your mother and me.
You've got to let it go dude. The "blank and I" versus "blank and me" usage is so minor that it's not considered a grammatical error by even the International Baccalaureate.
Whether or not it's an error depends on the gramatical context in the sentence.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Minion of Chaos

Post by Minion of Chaos »

I've always considered endings to be bittersweet. That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed this psuedo-route and congrats!
CaptainFalcon

Post by CaptainFalcon »

Bravo! That was a perfect way to end such an amazing and emotional story. Furthermore congrats on finishing the route! I've been on board from the beginning and it was such a joy and privilege to be able to read that. So thank you
CaveRave

Post by CaveRave »

I hope you rewrite this sometime in the future.
DeWile

Post by DeWile »

Wow, just wow. So well written, and the most perfect yet simple ending we could have asked for. I used to be a Lilly fan, but now it is definitely Akira all the way for me.

Bravo, Thanatos.

Bravo.
Akira > Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Rin > > > > > Shizune