Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

AaronIsCrunchy

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

CoffeeDrive wrote:Currently ran through the first 4 weeks with ease, onto w5 d1 Friday. Apparently its a killer week when you jump to 21mn straight.
Yeah, week 5 is where shit gets real ;) Feels damn good when you finish that 21 minuter for the first time though... you know, right after your calves calm down! Keep at it, you're doing well!
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Checked my 3DS activity log today and found that three weeks ago I passed one million steps! Took me just over a year. I'm sure I've done several times that in the same timeframe without the 3DS with me (it is a bit bulky in its carry case to take *everywhere*) - this past weekend alone my best friend and I did about 15km wandering around and today I did the 7km walk home in an hour.

Downside: it's getting hot out there, and I think I've got heat rash. Damn.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

metalangel wrote:Downside: it's getting hot out there, and I think I've got heat rash. Damn.
Tell me about it; my back is splotchy all over. Congrats on the steps, though!
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

metalangel wrote:Downside: it's getting hot out there...
Damn, I am kinda envious. I skipped two days last week because it was FUCKING +5 DEGREES CENTIGRADE IN FUCKING MAY. WHAT THE FUCK.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

metalangel wrote:Checked my 3DS activity log today and found that three weeks ago I passed one million steps! Took me just over a year.
Congrats! How does it know how many steps you've taken, does it work in the same way as a pedometer?

Decided today that I much prefer training to time and not distance, so I thought I'd start from where I left off (the 30 minute) and increase from there as I need to.
Discovered two things today: 1) When getting into a rhythm for running, having Millennium Cyanide Christ playing is NOT a good move. That 23/16 intro had me running like this -
The other one is to ensure I'm wearing correctly fitting pants (or underpants for our transatlantic cousins :D) - was getting major wedgie after about 20 minutes -_- Aside from that, was a good run, feel pretty happy to increase it :)
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

Went for a 14/2/14 run today. Might have been pushing it a bit, as I was almost walking at the end and was a sweaty mess afterwards. I'm thinking I'll do 15/3/15 next week, and see what happens then.
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
basmimarsinan

Post by basmimarsinan »

Started running after about a year without any exercise; it was awful. I feel rusty all over. I had difficulties even though it was just W1D1. Having eaten before the run made it even worse. Hope it gets better soon.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

basmimarsinan wrote:Started running after about a year without any exercise; it was awful. I feel rusty all over. I had difficulties even though it was just W1D1. Having eaten before the run made it even worse. Hope it gets better soon.
Trust me mate, it will be hard for a while... but you look back on the Week One rota and you will realise how piss easy it looks.

Shit is awesome when you get into the swing of things ;D
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

basmimarsinan wrote:Started running after about a year without any exercise; it was awful. I feel rusty all over. I had difficulties even though it was just W1D1. Having eaten before the run made it even worse. Hope it gets better soon.
Yeah, eating before a run is always a bad move :lol: But at least you've started, and that's always the hard bit. Just keep it up, and I promise you'll come to enjoy it :D (Or at least accept it!)

wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

Munchenhausen wrote: Trust me mate, it will be hard for a while... but you look back on the Week One rota and you will realise how piss easy it looks.
True story. It was ridiculous in the beginning (I got so tired that I even took a day off), but now it just doesn't look serious. I stopped running in september '13, started again 3 weeks ago, right from the fourth week, now I'm running 10/3/10 getting ready to increase it - and my body returned to this schedule without problems.
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

Went for a 15/3/15 today. I can't believe I'm saying this but I almost got kinda bored about 11 minutes into the first half. Maybe I need to seriously switch up my music? I dunno. Second half nearly killed me, though. So exhausted I had to lie down for a couple minutes before I could walk the block back home. Probably wont be ramping it up for a few weeks.
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Gamera Ramen wrote:Went for a 15/3/15 today. I can't believe I'm saying this but I almost got kinda bored about 11 minutes into the first half. Maybe I need to seriously switch up my music? I dunno.
That can really help. It's weird, running can be super exhilarating, but sometimes the hardest part of a long run is just honestly having the patience to keep your mind busy with something for the full time.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

It probably won't matter if I listen to classical music right?
It's just that I don't like the majority of the music that is used for these runs.
What would you consider to be out of shape? I swim for about 30 minutes a week nonstop and I play badminton for an hour a week as well but that's all the exercise I really do.
Will start doing this during the summer holidays. I have been planning on doing some runs over the summer holiday and this looks to be a stable running routine.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:It probably won't matter if I listen to classical music right?
It's just that I don't like the majority of the music that is used for these runs.
What would you consider to be out of shape? I swim for about 30 minutes a week nonstop and I play badminton for an hour a week as well but that's all the exercise I really do.
Will start doing this during the summer holidays. I have been planning on doing some runs over the summer holiday and this looks to be a stable running routine.
I think, as long as it isn't stupidly complex in how it's composed or as long as you can use it as a way to keep your mind busy, it's no problem - I've gone running to Shostakovich one day, and then to Cephalic Carnage for the next one :P
Out of shape would simply be being in physical form that hinders day-to-day life, I'd have thought, though I think it's kind of subjective and changes from person to person. You exercise already though (and swimming's good, wish I could do it) so it's unlikely you're utterly out of shape unless you're eating tons of crap :)

wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:I think, as long as it isn't stupidly complex in how it's composed or as long as you can use it as a way to keep your mind busy, it's no problem - I've gone running to Shostakovich one day, and then to Cephalic Carnage for the next one :P
Well, the main thing I've learned from making my playlists is that music should be around 150-160 bpm and reflect your running and breathing speed. This way music actually helps you. Music with uneven BPM, like Cephalic Carnage gonna break your breathing or heartbeat rhythm, so I'd advise to refrain from it.

Also wow, today I ran 22 minutes non-stop. That was awesome. I even think that it's harder to run with breaks than without them.