Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

DRKO

Re: Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

Post by DRKO »

I finish one about every four hours. Either I'm getting smaller assignments to complete, or my computer's handling these exceptionally well.

What specs does your computer have?
Talifan9

Post by Talifan9 »

The work units do very in size quite a large amount.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Okay, so I'm part of the team now. It says I'm "paused on battery" though, which sounds suspiciously like something is off. Should I be concerned?
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

DRKO wrote:I finish one about every four hours. Either I'm getting smaller assignments to complete, or my computer's handling these exceptionally well.

What specs does your computer have?
4GB RAM with 1.5GHz Intel Ivy Bridge Processor.

And Spunky, basically when your laptop's running on battery and not the mains it pauses the folding. I'm pretty sure it's normal :)
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:And Spunky, basically when your laptop's running on battery and not the mains it pauses the folding. I'm pretty sure it's normal :)
Okay, cool. Any way to get it to run on the mains intentionally then, or do I just wait for that to happen?
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

SpunkySix wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:And Spunky, basically when your laptop's running on battery and not the mains it pauses the folding. I'm pretty sure it's normal :)
Okay, cool. Any way to get it to run on the mains intentionally then, or do I just wait for that to happen?
I'm not entirely sure - my laptop's nearly always plugged in though, so I think that's all it needs doing.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
I'm not entirely sure - my laptop's nearly always plugged in though, so I think that's all it needs doing.
I'll try that tonight then, see if that works. Thanks.
Talifan9

Post by Talifan9 »

There is a setting under options to enable folding on battery power, but I would not recommend it.

DRKO

Post by DRKO »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote: 4GB RAM with 1.5GHz Intel Ivy Bridge Processor.
That would explain it. I've got the Intel Core i5-4670K overclocked to 4.2 GHz. I've got quite a bit more power to put towards it.
SpunkySix wrote:Okay, so I'm part of the team now. It says I'm "paused on battery" though, which sounds suspiciously like something is off. Should I be concerned?
It pauses on battery for laptops by default. Otherwise, it would kill your battery in a matter of minutes, maybe an hour or two if yo're lucky. I wouldn't enable it.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Bwahahaha! I'm back! Just like herpes.... err no I didn't mean that.... but, anyway I'm back in my rightful number 1 spot on the KS F@H team. Who will be the next challenger to attempt to usurp my throne! Who shall it be! Come on! I and my spinach powered computer (named Popeye of course) dare the next challenger! Step up and get beaten down like your name is Blutto! :roll:

Dang my post count is still over 1K? Thought there would have been some thread deletions that would have cut it down more.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

You do know the Cook doesn't delete threads . He just seals the most vitriolic of them so we don't poison ourselves with vile language.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
neio

Post by neio »

Mirage_GSM wrote:You do know the Cook doesn't delete threads . He just seals the most vitriolic of them so we don't poison ourselves with vile language.
Well, he did accidentally the whole Favourite Artwork thread...
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Bara wrote:Bwahahaha! I'm back! Just like herpes.... err no I didn't mean that.... but, anyway I'm back in my rightful number 1 spot on the KS F@H team. Who will be the next challenger to attempt to usurp my throne! Who shall it be! Come on! I and my spinach powered computer (named Popeye of course) dare the next challenger! Step up and get beaten down like your name is Blutto! :roll:

Dang my post count is still over 1K? Thought there would have been some thread deletions that would have cut it down more.
Over 21,000 points average over 24h? If you don't mind me asking, what are your computer stats? o.O

Also, it would seem we've slipped a place. Boo hiss.

Bara

Post by Bara »

Mirage_GSM wrote:You do know the Cook doesn't delete threads . He just seals the most vitriolic of them so we don't poison ourselves with vile language.
Wasn't thinking of The Silent Cookie Monster or anyone else deliberately deleting threads. More like the scenario mentioned where it was done accidentally or lost through mechanical failure etc.

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Bara

Post by Bara »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote: Over 21,000 points average over 24h? If you don't mind me asking, what are your computer stats? o.O

Also, it would seem we've slipped a place. Boo hiss.
I recently had to... well, not had to as in it failed and went tits up, but decided I wanted some better video performance while building stuff in Landmark open beta. I retired my GTX 465 and got a GTX 750. Runs WAY cooler and quieter and seems to fold pretty good.