Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by SpunkySix »

Pandas wrote:I'm tempted to try the running work outs.
My cardio is god awful.
Infact 90% of my school's cardio is god awful.
Even though i have the free spirit to want to run, i never seem to do it whether it's out of fear, or just plain laziness
DO IT. The toughest part is taking the first step, after that it's exhausting, but fun.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

SpunkySix wrote:
Pandas wrote:I'm tempted to try the running work outs.
My cardio is god awful.
Infact 90% of my school's cardio is god awful.
Even though i have the free spirit to want to run, i never seem to do it whether it's out of fear, or just plain laziness
DO IT. The toughest part is taking the first step, after that it's exhausting, but fun.
Seconded. Or thirded, in this case, I think.

Fun fact: turns out you can tie your shoes too tight. A lesson my feet and knees shall take to heart for the rest of the day, I imagine.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

Alright, so I'm gonna come clean. I got to W2D1 and sort of stopped. I was supposed to run that day last Thursday, so over a week ago, but I didn't, and for a good reason I think. The weekend before that I played a lot of field hockey and came out of it with a hamstring that was in a bit of pain, so I decided to take a couple of days to rest and make sure it was okay. That turned into the whole week though, and when it came time for my next game on Sunday, I hadn't done my running for the week.

Then, after the game, my hamstring was gone again. It hurt more than it had the last time, but I went into the game with it still twinging a little so that's all my bad. I decided not to go to training for that week and then to take some time off it to just make sure it was completely rested, which I think it now is. It's Friday afternoon my time and I think that I might wait until next Tuesday to start up W2D1. I have another game this Sunday, and then Monday as a rest day.

I know it's delayed, but I'm definitely getting there. Hopefully I don't break myself again this time :P
Lilly > Hanako=Emi > Shizune > Rin
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Haha, I'm pretty sure you're doing the right thing - better to not run than run knowing you have a hamstring issue and risking tearing it and putting yourself out of everything for aaaages! We all have to take time off at some points for one thing or another, so it's nowt to worry about!
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Haha, I'm pretty sure you're doing the right thing - better to not run than run knowing you have a hamstring issue and risking tearing it and putting yourself out of everything for aaaages! We all have to take time off at some points for one thing or another, so it's nowt to worry about!
Yeah, that was my thinking! It's better to just take a bit of time off than make it worse :P

I've got a game in a couple of hours, hopefully I come out the other end without too many dents...
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Walshy12238 wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Haha, I'm pretty sure you're doing the right thing - better to not run than run knowing you have a hamstring issue and risking tearing it and putting yourself out of everything for aaaages! We all have to take time off at some points for one thing or another, so it's nowt to worry about!
Yeah, that was my thinking! It's better to just take a bit of time off than make it worse :P
I can confirm this... my coaches in both high school and college have both been very adamant about safety above all, and they've always stressed that injury isn't worth it.
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

Bloody hell, a lot of stuff happened since I last posted here. Really glad to see this thread's so active, though!
I really don't know where my refusal to run any time except the morning came from, but from this day on it is officially exiled. Not getting a weekly exhaustion in is really bad for my psyche--the past couple weeks I've had much more frequent down periods, and yesterday I hit a breaking point. By breaking point, I mean "wailing on my punching bag in an animalistic fury, scaring my mother and almost making my knuckles bleed and despairing about school life and my future in general and might go back into counseling." Nothing quite like a night's sleep and some Ace Attorney, though.
Just went for a run, too. First time it's been something other than a morning run. Went 12/3/12--practically sprinted the last 3 minutes, and probably would have kept going if I didn't risk hurting myself. Don't really know what to do from this point besides slowly bumping up the numbers until 3 minutes isn't long enough of a rest. Maybe adding more repetitions?
tl;dr, had a mental breakdown and need to run weekly even though it breaks my (honestly idiotic) habit of only running weekend mornings.
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

Status update: Back from my game and my hamstring (as well as all other muscles) is perfectly okay! It looks like I'll be able to get my running back on schedule this Tuesday.

W2 here I come!
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Walshy12238 wrote:Status update: Back from my game and my hamstring (as well as all other muscles) is perfectly okay! It looks like I'll be able to get my running back on schedule this Tuesday.

W2 here I come!
Good to hear! Just make sure if things go squirrely to take it easy.

So from 10 below zero F to 77 degrees F with 72% humidity... I'm not sure which is worse, although the 10 below also had ice.

On top of that, one of my ringlets on my shoes broke. Debating if I need to replace them now or if I can wait a bit, like when I actually have money.
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Hoitash wrote: So from 10 below zero F to 77 degrees F with 72% humidity... I'm not sure which is worse, although the 10 below also had ice.

On top of that, one of my ringlets on my shoes broke. Debating if I need to replace them now or if I can wait a bit, like when I actually have money.
Can you still do them up to a comfortable enough tightness?
Maaan, I don't even know what -10 Celsius looks like, -10F... sheesh. But I can sympathise with you on the humidity one, just make sure you take water with you (and if possible, keep an eye on salt levels if running long distances :) )

Also, Gamera Ramen (I forgot to quote till after I'd sent the original -_-), please make sure you don't do yourself some damage. There's a fine line between really pushing yourself and causing yourself harm, and I know when you feel as you do the temptation is to do just purge frustration through sheer effort. But yeah, please be careful :)
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote: On top of that, one of my ringlets on my shoes broke. Debating if I need to replace them now or if I can wait a bit, like when I actually have money.
Can you still do them up to a comfortable enough tightness?[/quote]

I think so. The humidity is affecting my knees -I'm pretty sure I have arthritis- so it's hard to say. My foot seems to be still twinging, so probably not.

Wonder how much shoe repair would cost... and a water camel; it's only going to get hotter.
Maaan, I don't even know what -10 Celsius looks like, -10F... sheesh. But I can sympathise with you on the humidity one, just make sure you take water with you (and if possible, keep an eye on salt levels if running long distances :) )
Cold. -10 F is cold. Very, very cold. Painfully cold.

As for salt, I've been looking for salt tablets for years, but usually I just lick some table salt. Definitely helps.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

My dad just got a new heavy duty elliptical... this is the best thing. Cross training time!
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

SpunkySix wrote:My dad just got a new heavy duty elliptical... this is the best thing. Cross training time!
Sooooo jealous. Have fun with that :D

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:My dad just got a new heavy duty elliptical... this is the best thing. Cross training time!
Sooooo jealous. Have fun with that :D
Thanks, it's definitely exciting. I just went 45 minutes with it and the thing is smooth. Didn't make a sound.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Currently ran through the first 4 weeks with ease, onto w5 d1 Friday. Apparently its a killer week when you jump to 21mn straight.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl