Hanako may not be who we think! (ENORMOUS SPOILERS)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Pandas

Hanako may not be who we think! (ENORMOUS SPOILERS)

Post by Pandas »

WARNING, THIS THREAD CONTAINS HUUUGEEE SPOILERS AND ALOT OF THEM SO IF YOU HAVEN'T BEATEN ATLEAST 2 OF THE STORYLINES THEN I WOULDN'T EVEN TRY READING THIS.
Crazy Kenji conspiracy time!
I'm probably gonna look stupid after writing this but this is all to get your minds going! :D

So you know how whenever you mean Hanako, she seems extremely nervous about talking to Hisao?
It's just assumed that she's like that with everyone, and that she is shy.
But no one knows her story. Not even Lily fully understands.

It starts off with her sneaking around class with Hisao around, and when he confronts her, she runs. She is very nervous about telling her story around him and even when she does tell him, she gets nervous and usually stops herself.
This is possibly because she has to work around a few kinks in her story that truly reveals who she is.

We all know Hanako has earned her scars from the burning of her house. But SHE always seems to take responsibility for it. Who's to say she didn't intentionally burn her house to kill herself to her own depression? Possibility from another chain of events she caused herself? It says that the only reason she didn't die is because he mom shielded her. Maybe at the instant she was to die, she managed to realize it wasn't worth it.

Is it also not fishy that she seems to instantly fall in love and be very shy around Hisao?

Iwanako is the girl that caused Hisao to have a heart attack when she confessed her love. She visited him for a long time but things got silent and awkward. Very similar to how Hanako is around him (at first). So eventually Iwanako stopped visiting Hisao, which assumingly leads to depression.

Who's to say she didn't burn the house down?
Do you seen any ODD connections?

Isn't it ODD how Hanako seems to instantly draw towards Hisao and blames herself for the house fire and all?

Now there's a few errors in this.
You may say:
No way, Hanako was said to be there for awhile!
Well you also have to remember--- no one at all notices Hanako due to her "shrinking" type vibe. Who's to say she didn't just suddenly enter the school and tell everyone she's always been there?
It's a far fetched idea but not by much.

Miki, the side character also plays quite a role in this. She talks about Hanako like she's some kind of monster. Miki never explains her relationship and how she knew Hanako, we just know they're not fond of each other.
What if Hanako explained how she gave Hisao the heart attack and burned her house down?

You may also say that Hanako had to have been in the ICU (Intensive Care Unit) for quite some time due to her burn scars. But her scars are still VERY VERY noticeable and don't look like they've had much time to heal.
Maybe she wasn't in for long and she got out before Hisao?

It's all a crazy idea and probably not true.

But at the same time its not so far fetched.

Hanako could be Iwanako. Now, discuss.
If you have further question to my theory. I will gladly answer.
I'm also a HUGE Hanako fan, so i'm not saying it's true. Just very odd how it's all layed out.
Pandas

Re: Hanako may not be who we think! (ENORMOUS SPOILERS)

Post by Pandas »

Also not to forget it's very odd that Hisao felt such strong "closure" and suddenly a note from Iwanako came up.

How did she know he was there? And how did Misha and Shizune get that letter in particular to him?
forgetmenot

Post by forgetmenot »

Pandas wrote: Crazy Kenji conspiracy time!
I'm probably gonna look stupid after writing this but this is all to get your minds going! :D
Well you got one thing right, that's for sure.

Just... no. This is an unbelievable stretch.
Pandas

Post by Pandas »

forgetmenot wrote:
Pandas wrote: Crazy Kenji conspiracy time!
Well you got one thing right, that's for sure.

Just... no. This is an unbelievable stretch.
As i stated. Hanako is my favorite and I don't agree with my theory. I just like debating and so far looks like nobody has a reason for it not to be true other than how FAR fetched it is.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

It's confirmed she's that way with everyone by Misha and Shizune.
But SHE always seems to take responsibility for it.
No she doesn't.
Well you also have to remember--- no one at all notices Hanako due to her "shrinking" type vibe. Who's to say she didn't just suddenly enter the school and tell everyone she's always been there?
Lilly for one. She's been friends with Hanako since the year before.
She talks about Hanako like she's some kind of monster.
No she doesn't. She actually seems to be kind of fond of Hanako.
You may also say that Hanako had to have been in the ICU (Intensive Care Unit) for quite some time due to her burn scars. But her scars are still VERY VERY noticeable and don't look like they've had much time to heal.
With scars like those, she would have been in the hospital for quite some time, and honestly, those kind of scars don't really heal much at all.

The biggest problem with this though is that Hisao knows what Iwanako looks like. If it had been her, his first reaction to "Hanako" probably would have been something like "Is that Iwanako? God, what happened to her?"
Not Dead Yet
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

This thread reeks of a bored night at home.
Pandas

Post by Pandas »

Oddball wrote:
It's confirmed she's that way with everyone by Misha and Shizune.
But SHE always seems to take responsibility for it.
No she doesn't.
Lilly for one. She's been friends with Hanako since the year before.
She talks about Hanako like she's some kind of monster.
No she doesn't. She actually seems to be kind of fond of Hanako.
With scars like those, she would have been in the hospital for quite some time, and honestly, those kind of scars don't really heal much at all.

The biggest problem with this though is that Hisao knows what Iwanako looks like. If it had been her, his first reaction to "Hanako" probably would have been something like "Is that Iwanako? God, what happened to her?"
Ofcourse she's shy around everyone, she has burn scars and is embarrassed. But even whenever it is shown Hanako talking with other characters, she has seemed to be frightened more by Hisao more than anyone, in the start atleast.

Hanako does seem to take responsibility for it and it's even inferred by Hisao himself.

Miki makes a remark that makes him offended because he wants to protect Hanako if i remember correctly.

You also have to remember that Hisao was in the hospital for AWHILE. Months.
So with a hair change, fresh scars, clothing change, and a little bit of facial and body changing due to the fact that its their prime years of growth, there's a possibility that he doesn't really think she'd be in the same school with him.
But very good counter arguement, honestly threw alot of salt in my game and now i have to rethink it a little bit.
Pandas

Post by Pandas »

KeiichiO wrote:This thread reeks of a bored night at home.
Such negativity. Yes, i'm home alone, sick and bored.
But i created this solely out of debating purposes.
I like to debate and interact with people to see how they work around situations.

This thread is good for this :D
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Pandas wrote:
I like to debate and interact with people to see how they work around situations.

Oh, don't worry. You're not alone.

I suppose it's an interesting thought. Unfortunately, I don't have much to say on said thought other than "Yeeeeeeaaaaaaah~, no."
Pandas

Post by Pandas »

KeiichiO wrote:
Pandas wrote:

Oh, don't worry. You're not alone.

I suppose it's an interesting thought. Unfortunately, I don't have much to say on said thought other than "Yeeeeeeaaaaaaah~, no."
No worries, most would say it's too far fetched. But some would like to debate or atleast try to make me look stupid. Which will probably end up working.
No offense taken as i'm assuming none was meant to be given aside from the sarcastic response which is just in my nature, so it's understandable X3
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

I usually write fan fictions when this sort of boredom hits.

...and then set a stopwatch for how long it takes Silentcook to lock the thread.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Usually that smells different for me.

As for the theory at hand... absolutely not, but fun fanfic idea.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
brythain

Post by brythain »

If you start from here and scroll down, you'll find a lot of people telling me why Iwanako and Hanako don't really look alike at all...
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Ofcourse she's shy around everyone, she has burn scars and is embarrassed. But even whenever it is shown Hanako talking with other characters, she has seemed to be frightened more by Hisao more than anyone, in the start atleast.
The only person Hanako interacts with is Lilly who is her only friend. The reason she seems more frightened by Hisao than by others is because he makes an effort to talk to her whereas most of her other classmates have already stopped bothering with that.
Hanako does seem to take responsibility for it and it's even inferred by Hisao himself.
Where exactly does she take responsibility? Also, what's inferred by Hisao is just guesswork. At that time he has no clue about the specifics of Hanako's accident.
Miki makes a remark that makes him offended because he wants to protect Hanako if i remember correctly.
What Miki says is that Hanako is perfectly nice, but she has issues that make her hard to deal with. Up to that point the only issue Hisao has seen of Hanako is her shyness, so he's initially put off by Miki's suggestion that Hanako's issues run much deeper. It's a foreshadowing to what takes place two scenes later when Hanako breaks down in class over the mention of a seemingly casual subject.
You also have to remember that Hisao was in the hospital for AWHILE. Months.
Someone who had mere months to recover from burn injuries like the ones Hanako has wouldn't be fit to run away from anybody, yet that's exactly what she does the first time Hisao talks to her.

So I'm with the others. Nooope.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

And, let me guess, the trees around Yamaku are epileptic?

Actually, an ACTUAL epileptic trees hypothesis makes more sense than this.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!