Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Oddball

Re: Ask!

Post by Oddball »

So, what you're saying is that Nomiya is bisexual?

:wink:
Not Dead Yet
Potato

Post by Potato »

Kon22 wrote:Or why Emi's sex face and angry's face are the same.
This seems like a valid question. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

TheHivemind wrote:EDIT: Jesus that came off a bit angry, didn't it?
Slightly. Maybe deservedly so.

Just so you know though, I really was under the impression at the time that nobody would be depressed enough to take it from somebody they weren't attracted to, and I also didn't think that "I like girls" = "I only like girls" so even if I was flawed with my logic, my intentions were a lot better with my recent topic than "lel but I want Pink Loud durhurr" and I wasn't just flat out ignoring what she was saying.

She is the one character where her sexuality would totally change the context of a scene, and it's left vague exactly what it is.
Last edited by SpunkySix on Fri May 02, 2014 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Grimnir

Post by Grimnir »

TheHivemind wrote:Basically like that--the sexuality of most of the characters never really comes up--so what's the point of pulling a Dumbledore and being like "oh by the way the whole time I was writing Muto I was thinking of how he's probably gay" or something like that (FULL DISCLOSURE: I did not actually think of Muto as gay, although if you want to look hard at the way Tennant's Doctor flirts with Captain Jack and pretend that's relevant to the discussion, feel free). It adds nothing to the narrative, it's just a bullet point to put on TV Tropes--hooray, we ticked the box for "CLOSET CASE" or "FAUXMOSEXUAL" or whatever the fuck category they decide to shoehorn it in. Stuck under WORD OF GOD, because I typed it up just now on this message board.
That is fandom in a nutshell nowadays.
As soon as you let two charakters shake hands, the fans will find a way to ship them. That is proven in several fanfics and fanarts in ANY universe.
I don't get that and I can understand if the writer of said charakters would be pissed off.

What would Bram Stoker say if he read that Dracula was giving a blowjob to Abraham Van Helsing?
Probably: "The fuck? I don't even."
Misha: "Oh, Hi, I'm Misha and this is my hetero-life-mate, Silent Shicchan."
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Peeps, this thread is to a large degree a "WTF I don't even". :mrgreen:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

d2r

Post by d2r »

Silentcook wrote:Peeps, this forum is to a large degree a "WTF I don't even". :mrgreen:
Fixed that for you. :wink:
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
KlunK

Post by KlunK »

Hi, I want to add to the page of Katawa Shoujo on the italian wikipedia an "official" image that rapresent the game. Something like this one. Is there something like that? Or that one in bigger resolution?

And more important, the staff want to give the autorization to make the use on it.wiki possibile?
My power is as vast as the plains, my strength is that of mountain. Each wave that crashes upon the shore thunders like blood in my veins - Memories of Dakkon Blackblade
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

[shimmie]438[/shimmie]

Big enough? :mrgreen:

We have no "official" cover art to the game, so I suppose this one could be as good as any. Or you could go look up the release blogpost. :)
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Duper

Post by Duper »

Hi!, 2 quick questions.
What's the first name of Emi's dad? I saw it the other day and I've spent the last 2 days scouring the net to find it again with no luck.
What's the Japanese equivalent of "nana".

Thanks all!
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Duper wrote:What's the first name of Emi's dad? I saw it the other day and I've spent the last 2 days scouring the net to find it again with no luck.
Silentcook answered it here: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t ... 93#p185793
Silentcook wrote:It probably was 健一 (Kenichi), because I do remember choosing something starting with 健, because I can't resist being a bastard. :roll:
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Reyhan

Post by Reyhan »

How many of you guys are K-ON fans? :wink:
Emi Shizune Lilly Rin Hanako

tumblr
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Reyhan wrote:How many of you guys are K-ON fans? :wink:
This ain't the topic for that I'm afraid, mate...
but oh god yes
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Reyhan

Post by Reyhan »

Munchenhausen wrote:
but oh god yes
How is it not? It's a question for the devs :?:
Emi Shizune Lilly Rin Hanako

tumblr
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Reyhan wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:
but oh god yes
Aura wrote:So, here's a more permanent place to ask me and the rest of the devs all sorts of questions about KS and making of the game.

Since I expect there will be quite a few posts in this thread, here's a bit of a preface:

1) Even though this is a kind of a free arena and finishing the game made us less grumpy, we are not any less forgiving of stupidity. While commentary and followup questions are fine, try to not clog up the thread with unrelated posts, questions that have been answered before, or any general silliness.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Reyhan wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:
but oh god yes
Ahhh, my mistake :P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon