Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by SpunkySix »

Munchenhausen wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:(says the guy that frequently forgets to stretch at all -_-)
Bad AaronIsCrunchy! You should always stretch before a run!

*Giggles, moves closer*

It's okay, I hate warming up too, and I don't even have to stretch my legs! :lol:
I dunno about you guys, but the mental images of that interaction were too much for me :lol:
especially since I imagine Spunky with a beard
have you ever imagines a bearded man act cutesy wutesy like emi
It's fucking terrifying
I haven't. Sorry to disappoint, but my beard is but a few scraggly chin hairs. I'm working on it, though.

What's everybody up to today, as far as running goes?
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Shame :P

I've kinda ditched the Couch-to-5k, opting to start following the training regime for the London Marathon which I hope to take part in next year.
It looks like it's going to be hell

Yourself?
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Munchenhausen wrote:Shame :P

I've kinda ditched the Couch-to-5k, opting to start following the training regime for the London Marathon which I hope to take part in next year.

Yourself?
Today is an off day, tomorrow is most likely half an hour. With finals coming up, I'm trying to do maintenance runs as often as I can so when break starts I can work up to 90 minutes and then start doing workouts.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Munchenhausen wrote:Shame :P

Yourself?
Me and you both. I did the 5k a few days ago so obviously just over 42k is the next logical step ;) How the hell I'm gonna tie in training for this with uni stuff could be interesting, (I'm not there yet, so it might turn out to be easier than I thought), but it should be interesting. Gotta draw up a diet plan and everything.

Get ready for meals you never thought you could ever manage! :P
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Morishmael

Post by Morishmael »

Just pitching in that it was a combination of Lilly and Emi that caused me to start working out yesterday. Emi for obvious reasons, but I'm just...drawn to Lilly. Seeing how caring and understanding Hisao becomes in her route makes me wish I had had the influence of someone like her back in high school. Or hell, even now. The entire VN just touched me in a way. In every route, Hisao is depressed and basically a blank slate to have the interests and personality of the girls printed on. So being in his perspective through all of it, and watching him become a better person every time, just in a different way. It makes me realize that maybe it isn't so impossible to change. To be better than I currently am.
So the first step on my road to sucking less is to begin working out.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Get ready for meals you never thought you could ever manage! :P
Diet plan?! NOBODY SAID SHIT ABOUT DIET PLANS
THAT'S IT I FUCKING QUIT
GOODNIGHT IRENE
At the end of the day, it IS 26 miles, I'd better get serious

@Morishmael
Alright, fantastic!
I gotta say, it's surprising how something as little as a 20min jog in the morning can set you up for the entire day :P
You've definitely got the right motivation, now it's just time to put the plan into action and you will notice a difference in no time :)
Let us know how you get on, man! Good luck!
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Morishmael, welcome aboard! You'll quickly come to embrace it, just view every time you go out as progress, and every milestone as a big thing for yourself :) I highly doubt you suck anyway, but KS does seem to have the effect of wanting the reader to better themselves - the unique bit is people do seem to actually DO it as well. As Munch says, let us know how you get on - don't you give up on me! :lol:

And yeeeeeah, diet plans! :D I live with my parents at the moment so a diet plan is tricky, though I start work in a week or so and I might be able to convince my parents to let me do my own shopping - I highly doubt they'll say no xD Only 362 days...
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

Today is a rest day for me. I get back to running the C25K program tomorrow (Thursday, Australian time), which is when I'm beginning Week 2. I'm actually pretty excited for it; the entire first week I was disappointed when it came time to stop running and start walking again, so the little bit of extra time spent running this week will be nice.

I've set my aim for my first real 5K to be sometime in June, which I think is achievable. There's an organisation called parkrun over here in Australia (also in the UK I think) and I'm looking at running in my local one around that time. Hopefully I don't make a fool of myself! :P
Lilly > Hanako=Emi > Shizune > Rin
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

I started Couch to 5k today now, yes!
Today was as hot as +10°C in the morning, and that's really not that bad. I guess by making it this cold Mother Nature wants Sister Russia to receive some kind of subliminal message (like "Stay away from Ukraine you fucktards!").
I went outside wearing a sports sweatshirt, stretched a bit and started to run the Week 4 program - a good place for reminding my body that it can do that. I felt physical pain during last 5 minutes, but I was able to finish the W4D1. I guess I will repeat W4 at least two times to get into running again.
If you want to tell me that was bad, that actually wasn't. My legs can pull off much heavier stuff, it was my heart who couldn't go on (unlike in that song).
Welcome back for me, I guess?
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

wazuzu wrote:Welcome back for me, I guess?
Welcome back indeed! Good luck.

And by the way, I love your profile pic... now I have a mental image of that version of Misha wearing one of those stereotypical Russian hats and running in the snow, and it is fantastic.
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

wazuzu wrote:I started Couch to 5k today now, yes!
Today was as hot as +10°C in the morning, and that's really not that bad. I guess by making it this cold Mother Nature wants Sister Russia to receive some kind of subliminal message (like "Stay away from Ukraine you fucktards!").
I went outside wearing a sports sweatshirt, stretched a bit and started to run the Week 4 program - a good place for reminding my body that it can do that. I felt physical pain during last 5 minutes, but I was able to finish the W4D1. I guess I will repeat W4 at least two times to get into running again.
If you want to tell me that was bad, that actually wasn't. My legs can pull off much heavier stuff, it was my heart who couldn't go on (unlike in that song).
Welcome back for me, I guess?
Welcome back! Best of luck with the program! Hopefully the cold isn't too hard on you, although it should warm up soon, yes?
It's about to get cold here in Australia, and I'm not pleased.
Lilly > Hanako=Emi > Shizune > Rin
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

SpunkySix wrote:And by the way, I love your profile pic... now I have a mental image of that version of Misha wearing one of those stereotypical Russian hats and running in the snow, and it is fantastic.
Spanks, Thunky. Oh wait. Thunks, Spanky. Or was it Spunks Thanky?
That avatar was cut from the picture of Shizune portraying Hatsune Miku with Misha at the back portraying Megurine Luka and singing all the songs (I may be wrong with those ones, I'm not into vocaloid). But it for sure looks like Misha could wear ushanka and run in the snow crazily. My guess is that it's her hair - it looks alike.
My legs hurt a little now, but those are muscle pains, not splin shints and stuff, and they feel sweet in sort of masochistic way - it's the 8 month accumulated tension leaving them.

And about the cold - it's bearable. We had the exactly same weather in early march (yes, even no snow around), but then suddenly HUGE masses of snow dropped from the sky in like two days, and it stayed cold until this week. I quit running in September because I was afraid I catch cold, but as I see now it was a mistake, I could have easily been running for at least a month more.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

wazuzu wrote: And about the cold - it's bearable. We had the exactly same weather in early march (yes, even no snow around), but then suddenly HUGE masses of snow dropped from the sky in like two days, and it stayed cold until this week. I quit running in September because I was afraid I catch cold, but as I see now it was a mistake, I could have easily been running for at least a month more.
It's better to take care of yourself than to go out and knock yourself out for a few weeks. Retrospect's a bitch, but you made the right decision at the time :)

I decided to change my route a bit (one with less hills), remembered to wear a belt with my shorts (having a stupidly effeminate figure SUCKS :L) and stretched properly, and had another go at a 5k run. Got 24:04, or almost 8 minutes quicker. 'Tis a more boring route, but I didn't feel like the ankle pain today :p

Pandas

Post by Pandas »

I'm tempted to try the running work outs.
My cardio is god awful.
Infact 90% of my school's cardio is god awful.
Even though i have the free spirit to want to run, i never seem to do it whether it's out of fear, or just plain laziness
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Pandas wrote:I'm tempted to try the running work outs.
My cardio is god awful.
Infact 90% of my school's cardio is god awful.
Even though i have the free spirit to want to run, i never seem to do it whether it's out of fear, or just plain laziness
Well, no time like the present ;) I couldn't recommend starting enough though, it's helped me not just physically but also mentally in the 2-and-a-half months I've been doing it. Just start from wherever you're comfortable with and go through it, you'll most likely find you'll improve quickly. Have fun!