Pairing the Spares?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

someguy1294

Pairing the Spares?

Post by someguy1294 »

...This is totally not just another mindless shipping thread. Really, honest!

There's been plenty of discussion on why Hisao should be with this girl or that one, but what about the characters who never really got a happy ending, the characters who never really got their time in the spot-light? How would you ship the minor characters, if you decided to do so?

Just a few ideas to get us going...

Misha x Kenji -They're both loud, energetic and crazy. On a deeper level, I think Misha is one of the few girls in the game with a good enough sense of humor to laugh at Kenji's insane anti-feminist rants instead of being offended.

Mutou x Yuuko- Jumping away from the youngsters to the 'responsible adults' for a minute. Admittedly, there is a bit of an age-gap, but Mutou may be one of the few men level-headed enough to keep Yuuko from having a nervous breakdown.

Misha x Yuuko- I know that teachers aren't supposed to date students, but does the same apply to librarians? If so, DANGEROUS SECRET LESBIAN ROMANCE! Not sure how long Yuuko could be around Misha without having a heart-attack due to Misha's seemingly unprovoked loudness, but I do think they could be played as rather cute foils to each other; Yuuko's neurosis against Misha's bubbly and carefree energy. Heck, maybe Misha could get Yuuko to laugh a little and help her relax.

Jigoro x Yuuko- Sarcasm.

Other pairings you'd like to see/toy with?
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
Darklord13

Re: Pairing the Spares?

Post by Darklord13 »

I think that other topics have already covered this.

Misha x Miki
I could see this working out.They both are outgoing and straightforward about things.
''Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind.'' - Marcel Proust
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

IwanakoxKenji

The manly picnic was planned by Iwanako all along and Kenji's her right-hand man. The perfect murder now came to full circle, all loose ends were tied.

It is a 'feminist conspiracy' afterall. :lol:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

MeikoxNurse. OBVIOUSLY, they seem to have a good relationship with each other and if I'm honest they may already by dating :D
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:MeikoxNurse. OBVIOUSLY, they seem to have a good relationship with each other and if I'm honest they may already by dating :D
So I'm not the only one who thinks that the nurse called Meiko durin Emi's marathon?

It probably goes like this:
1. All students (or most) are on the field
2. Not many are around
3. Nurse to Meiko: it's BOOTY CALL! TYME TO DINDIN!! :lol:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

I think it's probably the most likely :lol: The way that Meiko says 'what is he, 12?' makes me think said male must be quite a playful character, and Nurse fits that bill. I'd imagine they'd have a seen a lot of each other during Emi's rehab too.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Megumeru wrote:It probably goes like this:
1. All students (or most) are on the field
2. Not many are around
3. Nurse to Meiko: it's BOOTY CALL! TYME TO DINDIN!! :lol:
My god...
IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Numb

Post by Numb »

Akira x Meiko - You all know you want it.

Mutou x Sae - Both are level headed, considerate adults. Mutou has a burning passion for science, Sae obviously has a passion for art if she owns a gallery, both seem a little socially awkward.

Starting to count characters from the classroom CG now, Taro x Misha. I like to think Taro is a loveable idiot, and from the size of his arms I imagine he can carry a decent weight. Would be nice seeing Taro carry a laughing Misha around on his shoulders at Tanabata or something. At least as friends, because of Misha's sexuality.

The Nurse x Meiko thing is always a fun topic of discussion, I think the fact that Nurse knows anything about the emotional impact of Emi's accident at all shows that he isn't just some medical official to the family. If it isn't happening in the events of the VN, it is certain to happen at some point after them. That's a nice mental image actually, Nurse and Meiko's wedding. Nurse would look good in a tux. If only I could draw :lol:
Currently working on: Notes for a new project (Coming Soon™)
I did KS and other songs on note blocks in Minecraft: Playlist here
Old works| Rooftops - An Emi Story| Christmas with the Hakamichis | Not Like Him - Rin Perspective|Blossom - A Miki pseudo-route
brythain

Post by brythain »

Hideaki x Misha looked good to me. I even thought of Hideaki x Rika. Until I found a better option. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

I am utterly and completely disappointed in all of you.
How has nobody brought up NxN yet?
I ship Natsume and Naomi like a pirate ships ships.
I mean just look at them.

You got the ruffled brunette +100 for heterochromia and the Epileptic chick. What's not to like?
MY SHIP WILL KICK YOUR SHIP'S ARSE, MATEY

Also I quite like Takashi and Molly :3
and I openly blame Scissorlips for making me ship Taro and Miki
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:MeikoxNurse. OBVIOUSLY
'Nuff said.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Munchenhausen wrote:I am utterly and completely disappointed in all of you.
How has nobody brought up NxN yet?
I ship Natsume and Naomi like a pirate ships ships.
I mean just look at them.

You got the ruffled brunette +100 for heterochromia and the Epileptic chick. What's not to like?
MY SHIP WILL KICK YOUR SHIP'S ARSE, MATEY

Also I quite like Takashi and Molly :3
and I openly blame Scissorlips for making me ship Taro and Miki
I just... thought they were?! :P I have seen galleons less ship-based than those two!

someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Darklord13 wrote:I think that other topics have already covered this.

Misha x Miki
I could see this working out.They both are outgoing and straightforward about things.
I browsed the forum before launching this thread in an effort avoid redundancy, but it's possible I missed the topics in question...

IS Misha straightforward? She seems to hide a lot about herself from Shizune and Hisao, particularly after she starts getting jealous of Hisao.

Not that I'm trying to sink your ship. Misha and Miki are pretty cute together, and Misha could help Miki study in an effort to shake her bad grades the same way she tutors Hisao. Teaching Miki sign language would be... a bit challenging, though.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
Darklord13

Post by Darklord13 »

someguy1294 wrote:IS Misha straightforward? She seems to hide a lot about herself from Shizune and Hisao, particularly after she starts getting jealous of Hisao.

Not that I'm trying to sink your ship. Misha and Miki are pretty cute together, and Misha could help Miki study in an effort to shake her bad grades the same way she tutors Hisao. Teaching Miki sign language would be... a bit challenging, though.
There was no ship there to begin with,and i understand that Misha isn't as straightforward about things as i thought,but i do still believe that they would do great as a couple. :)
''Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind.'' - Marcel Proust
Potato

Post by Potato »

someguy1294 wrote:On a deeper level, I think Misha is one of the few girls in the game with a good enough sense of humor to laugh at Kenji's insane anti-feminist rants instead of being offended.
I'm pretty sure all but the most miserably vulnerable person would just write him off as crazy and shrug. :lol: I doubt anyone's ever really been offended.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.