Waitaminute... Misha HAS to be bisexual.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: Waitaminute... Misha HAS to be bisexual.

Post by SpunkySix »

ksfan1989 wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:I have trouble believing Misha is a straight up lesbian because... well, because part of me ships Misha x Hisao, honestly. :lol:
As far as I'm able to tell, most of the protesting about Misha's sexuality comes from wishful thinking. Props for being honest about it.

The narrative as it exists doesn't really support that interpretation, but that's never stopped fans of any other work so I guess there's no reason it would stop you guys.
Plenty of people form legitimate relationships in an effort to recover from something that hurts them. Even if Misha was only using Hisao as comfort because she was in a dark place, that doesn't mean she had to be flat homosexual. Looking back honestly, it doesn't seem like any one preference is supported either way.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Potato

Post by Potato »

someguy1294 wrote:She must have had some level of attraction to Hisao, or she wouldn't have tried to have sex with him.
This is an untrue statement. It's entirely possible to try to fuck somebody without being attracted to them.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Potato wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:She must have had some level of attraction to Hisao, or she wouldn't have tried to have sex with him.
This is an untrue statement. It's entirely possible to try to fuck somebody without being attracted to them.
Happens all over the country with drunk people and nightclubs. Disgusts me to be honest, but there we go.

That said, she does try and kiss him beforehand (if my memory serves me right). That strikes me as being odder than the comfort proposition, though I can't place why.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Potato

Post by Potato »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Potato wrote:
Happens all over the country with drunk people and nightclubs. Disgusts me to be honest, but there we go.

That said, she does try and kiss him beforehand (if my memory serves me right). That strikes me as being odder than the comfort proposition, though I can't place why.
And just plain sober rape. It's dark but there it is.

I always figured the kiss was just a formality. Like, "Well, I probably shouldn't just go 'Hisao, fuck me!' right off the bat..."

That, or by some weird transitive property, she was kissing Shizune...And since Hisao had been inside Shizune, by that same weird transitive property, she'd be getting some of Shizune's vag. Secondhand but hey, desperate times...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
ksfan1989

Post by ksfan1989 »

If you've walked into someone's room with the intent of having sex with them, a kiss is the logical starting point really.

The way I read it was that flat out asking was her going for broke after starting with a kiss didn't work.
ksfan1989

Post by ksfan1989 »

SpunkySix wrote:
ksfan1989 wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:I have trouble believing Misha is a straight up lesbian because... well, because part of me ships Misha x Hisao, honestly. :lol:
As far as I'm able to tell, most of the protesting about Misha's sexuality comes from wishful thinking. Props for being honest about it.

The narrative as it exists doesn't really support that interpretation, but that's never stopped fans of any other work so I guess there's no reason it would stop you guys.
Plenty of people form legitimate relationships in an effort to recover from something that hurts them. Even if Misha was only using Hisao as comfort because she was in a dark place, that doesn't mean she had to be flat homosexual. Looking back honestly, it doesn't seem like any one preference is supported either way.
There isn't really any strong evidence. Nobody ever says "oh Misha, yeah, she's a lesbian." In that sense it's open to interpretation I suppose.

Part of the ambiguity I think comes from the love triangle aspect that's foreshadowed in the FMV before act 2. it sets up an expectation that Misha would be interested in Hisao, which causes a lot of events to be perceived that way at first glance. The fact that the whole thing gets inverted and she's longing for Shizune instead is what I always though was one of the more clever moments in the VN.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

ksfan1989 wrote:Part of the ambiguity I think comes from the love triangle aspect that's foreshadowed in the FMV before act 2. it sets up an expectation that Misha would be interested in Hisao, which causes a lot of events to be perceived that way at first glance. The fact that the whole thing gets inverted and she's longing for Shizune instead is what I always though was one of the more clever moments in the VN.
When you put it that way, it is a pretty great subversion of what one might expect.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Potato wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Potato wrote: This is an untrue statement. It's entirely possible to try to fuck somebody without being attracted to them.

And just plain sober rape. It's dark but there it is.

I always figured the kiss was just a formality. Like, "Well, I probably shouldn't just go 'Hisao, fuck me!' right off the bat..."

That, or by some weird transitive property, she was kissing Shizune...And since Hisao had been inside Shizune, by that same weird transitive property, she'd be getting some of Shizune's vag. Secondhand but hey, desperate times...
Misha wasn't drunk and wasn't forceful enough to be a rapist. I suppose you could argue that she was so desperate at that point that she'd fuck anyone she could... but the resignation and calmness she shows after Hisao rejects her in the Good End seems to contradict this. At least I think it does. To fuck someone who's on the wrong side of your orientation would require a lot of desperation.

Getting back to what Spunky posted in the OP... how desperate would a straight man have to be to have sex with another man?
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
Ritter Delorges

Post by Ritter Delorges »

someguy1294 wrote:To fuck someone who's on the wrong side of your orientation would require a lot of desperation.

Getting back to what Spunky posted in the OP... how desperate would a straight man have to be to have sex with another man?
I am not sure you can generalize it like that. It is not necessarily that binary. Many, many sincerely gay or lesbian people are fully capable of having basically positive experiences with the opposite sex. Actually in practice many do, even if it is only before they come out. Perhaps this is changing slowly because people are able to come out earlier and more easily, but traditionally "gold stars" who never had any history with the opposite sex have been considered the exception, not the rule.

The comparison with straight people in the reverse situation is a bit tricky because there is a vast difference between having immense social pressure against you and having it behind you. To this day that is a huge can of worms that straight people do not open lightly, even if they might actually be ok with the act itself.
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Ritter Delorges wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:To fuck someone who's on the wrong side of your orientation would require a lot of desperation.

I am not sure you can generalize it like that. It is not necessarily that binary. Many, many sincerely gay or lesbian people are fully capable of having basically positive experiences with the opposite sex. Actually in practice many do, even if it is only before they come out. Perhaps this is changing slowly because people are able to come out earlier and more easily, but traditionally "gold stars" who never had any history with the opposite sex have been considered the exception, not the rule.

The comparison with straight people in the reverse situation is a bit tricky because there is a vast difference between having immense social pressure against you and having it behind you. To this day that is a huge can of worms that straight people do not open lightly, even if they might actually be ok with the act itself.
Fair enough. You've definitely given me something to consider... kinda hard for me to step into another person/character's sexual identity, so I may be off the mark here.

My headcanon, however, is that Misha is at least bicurious if not bisexual.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
swerty101

Post by swerty101 »

Im still wondering why people are have these huge conversations on why or why not shes a lesbian,cant we all just agree that if you like girls but are willing to have sex with a guy that there bisexual?
Kidnapping? I prefer the term "Surprise Adoption" (Insert Rape Face Here)
RandomPerson

Post by RandomPerson »

I don't think she's bisexual as such, I don't think that she was ever physically been attracted to hisao. She just wanted to spend a night with someone who didn't need batteries to operate. And the actual term for lesbian is: A lesbian is a female who expresses romantic attraction to other females.

Therefore since she never really was physically attracted to hisao she is a lesbian not bisexual
"Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind. But if you want to leave fine. Just know that I'll never forget you." - lelo and stitch

"What you talking 'bout tezuka" - Gary Coleman (RIP)
Potato

Post by Potato »

swerty101 wrote:Im still wondering why people are have these huge conversations on why or why not shes a lesbian,cant we all just agree that if you like girls but are willing to have sex with a guy that there bisexual?
The type of genitalia that Misha enjoys is a very important matter. For like, science and junk...
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Potato wrote:
swerty101 wrote:Im still wondering why people are have these huge conversations on why or why not shes a lesbian,cant we all just agree that if you like girls but are willing to have sex with a guy that there bisexual?
The type of genitalia that Misha enjoys is a very important matter. For like, science and junk...
Science? I was just gonna wank.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
swerty101

Post by swerty101 »

RandomPerson wrote:I don't think she's bisexual as such, I don't think that she was ever physically been attracted to hisao. She just wanted to spend a night with someone who didn't need batteries to operate. And the actual term for lesbian is: A lesbian is a female who expresses romantic attraction to other females.

Therefore since she never really was physically attracted to hisao she is a lesbian not bisexual
Yes but does every cripple have to like Hisao? No, she may have "comforted" Hisao just to be with someone thats not "battery operated" but that doesnt mean that she doesnt like guys period i mean no one but the the game makers can answer that so its still in the question.
Kidnapping? I prefer the term "Surprise Adoption" (Insert Rape Face Here)