'What if Hanako..?' Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Atario

Re: 'What if Hanako..?' Thread

Post by Atario »

emmjay wrote:she's a sleep-pyrokinetic
This just gave me an idea.

Hanako and Suzu strike up a friendship. All is normal, till one day they have a sleepover and discover that their proximity while sleeping causes somnopyrokinesis. They cautiously experiment with their newfound joint powers and are eventually pursued by government goons looking for a secret soldier-weapon. Coming in Summer 2015: a 4LS reboot of the Drew Barrymore classic Firestarter.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
RandomPerson

Post by RandomPerson »

That sounds pretty dumb...... But the suzu and hanako being freinds seems actually pretty plausible surprisingly
"Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind. But if you want to leave fine. Just know that I'll never forget you." - lelo and stitch

"What you talking 'bout tezuka" - Gary Coleman (RIP)
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Hanako was eight when the fire broke out. It's not very likely the fire happened because she left a stove on that her mother (who probably did the cooking) somehow didn't notice.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Guest Poster wrote:Hanako was eight when the fire broke out. It's not very likely the fire happened because she left a stove on that her mother (who probably did the cooking) somehow didn't notice.
Let's not forget the possibility that Hanako, for all we know, could have been a little shit.

Perhaps Mini Hanako forgets her homework and is punished.
Perhaps Mini Hanako may decide to get revenge on her mother for punishing her (because children are spiteful creatures).
Perhaps she remembers how badly her mother once reacted to finding she had accidentally left the oven on.
Perhaps MiniHanako thinks it's a wonderful idea to get back at her mother by turning the oven on overnight (because children are stupid creatures).
Perhaps Hanako commited manslaughter of her own parents and has never gotten over it.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:Hanako was eight when the fire broke out. It's not very likely the fire happened because she left a stove on that her mother (who probably did the cooking) somehow didn't notice.
Let's not forget the possibility that Hanako, for all we know, could have been a little shit.

Hanako could have been a little shit.
:evil: ...My inner Hanabro is severely disappointed in you, Munch.

Hanako is an essentially sweet and caring person, and for her to respond to a normal punishment with PYRO-FUCKING-MANIA is completely out of character. That shit is not normal for any child, let alone a little sweet-heart like Hanako.

You might say that that Hanako became sweet and caring after this accident, but most of her canon backstory contradicts this. After the house-fire, she went to and orphanage where practically everyone treated her like crap and bullied her. She even tells Hisao that because of this she 'doesn't like people'. If Hanako was mean enough as a child to leave the stove running to get back at her parents, everything that followed would have made her more of a bitch, not less of one.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

someguy1294 wrote:If Hanako was mean enough as a child to leave the stove running to get back at her parents, everything that followed would have made her more of a bitch, not less of one.
You'd be surprised how much roasting a child's parents in front of them and then bullying them constantly for the next ten years can make someone a complete wuss.
It's how I plan to whip my kids into shape

When I said about Hanako leaving the oven on, I didn't mean it as in she did it maliciously. I meant it to portray Hanako doing something that she thought would piss off her mother, that went horribly, horribly wrong because children don't understand the concept of Ovens.

Plus, it all depends on how they reacted to the manslaughter in the first place.
It the little wank found the ensuing agony screams and cries for death a little disheartening, chances are that feeling would have multiplied over the following years into some kind of guilt complex.
I failed A-Level Psychology, trust me on this.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

For what it's worth...

https://cplcrud.wordpress.com/4ls-era-f ... 93-future/
cpl_crud wrote:“The daughter stumbles slightly, and bumps the desk, but neither of them notices beyond that.”
cpl_crud wrote:This was from the original (as in very first draft) Hanako path, which I think was done sometime in late 2008. The entire story was re-written from that point, but I like to think that this part stayed the same (give or take some gender-bending in the parents).
It didn't make it clear if Hanako later realized what she did, though.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Well, that's lodged firmly in my headcanon now.
'Twas but a fallen candle, started the blaze!

thread's over, everyone go home
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
Potato

Post by Potato »

RandomPerson wrote:I just had this uncertainty that things weren't a happy ever after...
That's because, realistically, they probably weren't...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Wow... that was intense. It works, too.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Darklord13

Post by Darklord13 »

Wait,is this considered as canon,even though it wasn't in the final version???
I am confused. :|
Last edited by Darklord13 on Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind.'' - Marcel Proust
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

It's word of author, which is not canon in this universe.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Darklord13 wrote:
So,is this considered as canon,even though it wasn't in the final version???
I am confused. :|
I'm putting it as headcanon
Not necessarilly Canon, but in my head it's what I like to believe

Also, like bhtooefr said, it's original draft writing, it's pretty much the closest thing to Canon we have
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Munchenhausen wrote:A.K.A. The 'Artist Block Unblocker' thread

Okay guys, stay with me here...
What if Hanako doesn't think her house burning down was her fault...

What if she knows it was her fault?
Whether or not it was a freak accident or just a childish tantrum gone horribly wrong, what if it actually was her fault and she knows it?
I'm going for the wacky theory in this one; too hard not to pass!

Chibi-ko (chibi-Hanako) set the fire--accidental or child's play, it's up for interpretation. She went moping about it in her HS days, went all fus-roh-dah on Hisao, locked herself for awhile ala Kenji, then proceed to set Yamaku on fire.

'Let it burn~! Can't hold it back anymore~!'

Arsonist Hanako
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Potato

Post by Potato »

Megumeru wrote:'Let it burn~! Can't hold it back anymore~!'
You are literally one million Hitlers.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.