Is it just me?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Darklord13

Is it just me?

Post by Darklord13 »

I don't know if this is worth ana entire new page(or if it even is allowed to be dicussed about),but it has been bugging me for 2 weeks.
So,i downloaded KS 2-3 weeks ago and went for Hanakos route first.After finishing the route i was completely shoked by the realism and the ''feels'' the game has.Since i finished Hanakos route i feel like i NEED a KS 2(or 1.5)that tells the story of what happens AFTER the 5 routes you can follow end.
Is it just me that i feel this need of an official sequel,or am i just getting crazy(Yes,i know that the KS team and 4LS have made it quite clear there won't be anything else related to KS).? :(
''Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind.'' - Marcel Proust
Munchenhausen

Re: Is it just me?

Post by Munchenhausen »

A lot of us want a sequel
but at the same time, we can all agree that KS is that good that deep down inside, no matter how much we want more, we know that if we were to make a sequel, we would ruin the entire name of Katawa Shoujo

For alternate routes, may I recommend reading some of the glorious Pseudo-Routes in the Fanfic section? Sure, they may not have as much pretty pretty pictures as the VN, but hell it's still damn good :D
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Darklord13

Post by Darklord13 »

Thanks for the reply,i thought i wouldn't get an answer.
I know a sequel won't come out(in the next 3-5 years at least),and i can't really read any fanfiction about this game(Especially Hanako.Her route felt a bit too close to home for me,and shook me a great deal)
Thanks again for answering :o
''Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind.'' - Marcel Proust
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Not just you. I've seen people really, really aching for a sequel one or two times before.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Darklord13

Post by Darklord13 »

Well,i don't really want a sequel,like, a full game with a slight new setting and new girls and better artwork and writing.I just happen to REALLY want to see what happens after hanako's(and the other girls)endings,and i just cant get my mind off of the awesome and ''feely''(yes thats a word,were on the internet)situations that Hisao and the girl he chose will have to face.I believe(and please,do correct me if im wrong)that KS is such a ralistic and great game because it doesn't fall in the trap of having almost every single daily life thing(ex.launch on rooftop without anything special happening,going to the town to have some fun etc.)be boring to read.KS doesn't have to put a plot twist every 5 lines to make it exciting,and honestly,i wouldn't mind playing a game made completely out of this kind of daily life boring stuff(KS 1.5)without anything dramatic happening.

Side Note:Sry if something in this post doesn't make sense.Im kinda young(younger than 18 years old) and im also from Greece,making it hard for me to write anything in this forum,without mistakes.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Aura wrote:Not just you. I've seen people really, really aching for a sequel one or two times before.
I had very similar feelings after playing the first time. They die down, and then you look for fan works that fit what you need still. A sequel would be cool, but it's highly unlikely, and it's even less likely that it would be as good as the original.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Potato

Post by Potato »

Darklord13 wrote:i can't really read any fanfiction about this game
Are you blind, so-close-to-blind-that-you-might-as-well-be-blind, or dyslexic?

If the answer is "no", you can read fanfiction.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Even if the answer is yes... there are screen readers and braille displays, and there's also adaptive technologies for dyslexic people.

And, I believe none of those options are compatible with the VN's engine, so if you can get through the VN, you can get through fanfic.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Atario

Post by Atario »

I bet the best shot for a successful sequel would be something set around ten or twelve years later, when everyone's a young adult, building a career or what-have-you. One route might be mostly set in an office, one might be mostly in various travel locales, one might be a very public life of interviews and PR spin, and so on. And there would be some sort of galvanizing event that brings everyone back together. Then the latter part would take place all in one spot, but from the point of view of whichever route's character you lead up to it with.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Darklord13

Post by Darklord13 »

I just read sisterhood in one sitting...
That just made me a happy man again :P
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Atario wrote:I bet the best shot for a successful sequel would be something set around ten or twelve years later, when everyone's a young adult, building a career or what-have-you. One route might be mostly set in an office, one might be mostly in various travel locales, one might be a very public life of interviews and PR spin, and so on. And there would be some sort of galvanizing event that brings everyone back together. Then the latter part would take place all in one spot, but from the point of view of whichever route's character you lead up to it with.
That would be great. I'll admit, part of me still holds out a misplaced hope that they'll change their minds one day and do this.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

SpunkySix wrote:
Atario wrote:I bet the best shot for a successful sequel would be something set around ten or twelve years later, when everyone's a young adult, building a career or what-have-you. One route might be mostly set in an office, one might be mostly in various travel locales, one might be a very public life of interviews and PR spin, and so on. And there would be some sort of galvanizing event that brings everyone back together. Then the latter part would take place all in one spot, but from the point of view of whichever route's character you lead up to it with.
That would be great. I'll admit, part of me still holds out a misplaced hope that they'll change their minds one day and do this.
We won't tho
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

TheHivemind wrote:
SpunkySix wrote: That would be great. I'll admit, part of me still holds out a misplaced hope that they'll change their minds one day and do this.
We won't tho
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

TheHivemind wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
We won't tho
Haven't you learned to never say never?
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Aura wrote:
TheHivemind wrote: We won't tho
Haven't you learned to never say never?
I'm a slow learner.