'What if Hanako..?' Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Munchenhausen

'What if Hanako..?' Thread

Post by Munchenhausen »

A.K.A. The 'Artist Block Unblocker' thread

Okay guys, stay with me here...
What if Hanako doesn't think her house burning down was her fault...

What if she knows it was her fault?
Whether or not it was a freak accident or just a childish tantrum gone horribly wrong, what if it actually was her fault and she knows it?
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
AaronIsCrunchy

Re: 'What if Hanako..?' Thread

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Munchenhausen wrote:A.K.A. The 'Artist Block Unblocker' thread

Okay guys, stay with me here...
What if Hanako doesn't think her house burning down was her fault...

What if she knows it was her fault?
Whether or not it was a freak accident or just a childish tantrum gone horribly wrong, what if it actually was her fault and she knows it?
That would give a whole new perspective on her guilt complex, even if it was indirectly her fault the knowledge that you killed your parents would be crushing. That said, if she blames herself anyway then the difference to her personality, I wouldn't have thought would be that great.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

That would be an interesting spin on it. Does anything contradict this, or is it kept intentionally vague?
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Play through and see for yourself. :mrgreen:
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Guest Poster wrote:Play through and see for yourself. :mrgreen:
Okay, but I'm doing Rin's first.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

SpunkySix wrote:That would be an interesting spin on it. Does anything contradict this, or is it kept intentionally vague?
All I remember is that she also hates her birthday. She gives her own reason ("It's the one day when people have to pretend to like me"), but I can't help but feel it may be related.
Perhaps her birthday cake was the source of the fire?

We all know how volatile Silly String is, afterall
that's a sentence i've never said before
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Ritter Delorges

Post by Ritter Delorges »

Playing her route I expected this to be a twist and I was somewhat surprised when it never came.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

If you expected it, it wouldn't really have been a twist.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Guest Poster wrote:If you expected it, it wouldn't really have been a twist.
Maybe the twist is that it didn't come despite expectation.

And...Yeah, I don't see any huge difference. Whether she thinks it or knows it, the guilt is essentially the same. The route overall would probably be a bit darker for it though.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

As far as I can recall, Hanako never really explains what happened in that great of detail. There was a house-fire, her mom saved her, her parents died. Now, while this could suggest that she left the details deliberately vague because she thought Hisao would hate her if he knew that the fire was her fault, her opening up to Hisao is vital for moving past her guilt, and I don't think she would leave out a detail that vital. Accepting and admitting her part in the tragedy would be too large a step in forgiving herself to omit.

You did kinda blow my mind at first there, though.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

someguy1294 wrote:As far as I can recall, Hanako never really explains what happened in that great of detail. There was a house-fire, her mom saved her, her parents died. Now, while this could suggest that she left the details deliberately vague because she thought Hisao would hate her if he knew that the fire was her fault, her opening up to Hisao is vital for moving past her guilt, and I don't think she would leave out a detail that vital. Accepting and admitting her part in the tragedy would be too large a step in forgiving herself to omit.

You did kinda blow my mind at first there, though.
That's a good point. Kind of reminds me of the grave scene with Emi; it's such an incredible victory for them to be able to move past the tragedy, that I highly doubt either one of them would soil it by telling a half-truth.
RandomPerson

Post by RandomPerson »

I overall feel like hanakos good route could have been more, it was my first ending and a freind said that there was a good a bad and a neutral for each girl. So I thought I got the neutral ending and that is the reason my ending felt so..... What's the word..... Anti climatic? It ended so suddenly. I spent hours trying to get the good end only after getting the bad and neutral end several time I realised that I had got the good end first.

That really disappointed me. Yes she finally kissed someone, and hisao wasn't a retarded sex monkey for 5 minutes but... I don't know. I thought maybe they go back to yamaku have a little celebration and be like a family again or something. The least it could've done is have an epilogue. I just had this uncertainty that things weren't a happy ever after and were just gonna get worse but hey maybe I was being stupid who cares?
"Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind. But if you want to leave fine. Just know that I'll never forget you." - lelo and stitch

"What you talking 'bout tezuka" - Gary Coleman (RIP)
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

RandomPerson wrote:I just had this uncertainty that things weren't a happy ever after and were just gonna get worse but hey maybe I was being stupid who cares?
The word from above is that all good endings go on as a '...And they lived happily ever after' kind of deal
Anything otherwise is why Fanfics exist ;D
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
RandomPerson

Post by RandomPerson »

Munchenhausen wrote: Anything otherwise is why Fanfics exist ;D
Hahahaha yeah, sisterhood or whatever it's called is probably the reason I like hanako more that after I read her story
"Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind. But if you want to leave fine. Just know that I'll never forget you." - lelo and stitch

"What you talking 'bout tezuka" - Gary Coleman (RIP)
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Well, she does say that the fire started while she was asleep. Which, granted, doesn't entirely rule out the possibility that she left something on that caught fire (or that she's a sleep-pyrokinetic), but I always interpreted that as something just caught fire, and it wasn't anyone's fault. Excrement occurs, after all.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)