Waitaminute... Misha HAS to be bisexual.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

poopooface

Re: Waitaminute... Misha HAS to be bisexual.

Post by poopooface »

I just don't think you understand how this stuff works........................................................................................................
Hanako>Lilly>Emi>Rin>Shizune
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

SpunkySix wrote: Could be, but either way, she likes more than girls, and that's the take-away here. If she was didn't enjoy men in any way, she wouldn't have had a full scene with Hisao, unless you want to say that she was so depressed that she put herself through something painful and awful for her both mentally and physically just to feel a person who was linked to Shizune, which is a whole other can of worms that I don't think we'd even consider opening if we put ourselves in that position and thought about how terribly low we'd have to feel to go there.
You're just confirming your own musings here. She wanted to have sex with Shizune, and then she wanted to have sex with Hisao! Wow! These aren't revelations, do we really need to put a great big sticker on her forehead?
Unless I'm confused with how pansexuals think, maybe?
It's like I said: pansexuals go for the person. Physical gender or gender identity don't matter.

Misha liked Shizune but was rejected, and so found herself being kept around in hope/frustration/torment. Enter Hisao. A nice person too, but then Shizune sees something she wants and takes it. Misha is now stuck with her unrequited love and the person she had just become interested in going out with each other! She's well and truly alone out in the cold. She's already been turned down by Shizune... so feeling worthless and unattractive and undesirable, she turns to Hisao who hasn't rejected her yet, and tries her luck.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Alright, that makes sense. I really kind of struggle to understand this sort of thing, so I appreciate the explanation, especially since it probably feels redundantly obvious.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Ritter Delorges

Post by Ritter Delorges »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Besides Hivemind said the notion was ridiculous - which it absolutely is - so I don't really see any room for interpretation there.
It is very easily possible that I have totally misjudged Hivemind's usual tone, but before this thread it had never crossed my mind that it was anything other than a confirmation.

(even if for all we know the idea may have been scrapped after five minutes and there is no reason to consider it canonical in the slightest)
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Ritter Delorges wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:Besides Hivemind said the notion was ridiculous - which it absolutely is - so I don't really see any room for interpretation there.
It is very easily possible that I have totally misjudged Hivemind's usual tone, but before this thread it had never crossed my mind that it was anything other than a confirmation.
Whereas I took it as neither denial nor confirmation but rather full-out trolling, i.e. "I approve of the speculation going on regarding this subject, please continue."
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Potato

Post by Potato »

metalangel wrote:the person she had just become interested in
When do we ever see her show that kind of interest in Hisao?
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

(even if for all we know the idea may have been scrapped after five minutes and there is no reason to consider it canonical in the slightest)
I believe Hivemind once said he shipped Emi and Misha... or maybe it was one of the other devs that said he shipped them. Either way, that doesn't mean it's anything even resembling canon. It's right up there with Hachisame, Rin's Yakuza parents, the side-story told from Miki's point of view, or Lilly's seeing eye dog.
metalangel wrote:
SpunkySix wrote: Could be, but either way, she likes more than girls, and that's the take-away here. If she was didn't enjoy men in any way, she wouldn't have had a full scene with Hisao, unless you want to say that she was so depressed that she put herself through something painful and awful for her both mentally and physically just to feel a person who was linked to Shizune, which is a whole other can of worms that I don't think we'd even consider opening if we put ourselves in that position and thought about how terribly low we'd have to feel to go there.
My take on it has always been that Misha was just so absolutely desperate for affection that she was reaching out to the only other person she was on remotely good terms with still.
Not Dead Yet
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Potato wrote:
When do we ever see her show that kind of interest in Hisao?
When she opened her fat thighs? It not being her route, we're not privy to what went on inside her head throughout. This was largely just a 'just as plausible' explanation for what happened.
Oddball wrote: My take on it has always been that Misha was just so absolutely desperate for affection that she was reaching out to the only other person she was on remotely good terms with still.
That is sort of what I'm saying... she has been Shizune's terp for so long it has left her, in the wake of her rejection, in a weird sort of limbo where she is forced into stay with the person she thinks she desires most. Maybe she needs to feel needed? Tutoring Hisao on JSL might have prodded that part of her brain that "hey, there are other people who can depend on you too" and she realized her feelings for him too? It's all speculation (isn't most of those place?) but it doesn't entirely descredit my own wild theory.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

metalangel wrote:
It's like I said: pansexuals go for the person. Physical gender or gender identity don't matter.
So THAT'S what a Pansexual is...
I dunno I'd still class that as Bisexuality tbh
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Munchenhausen wrote:
metalangel wrote:
So THAT'S what a Pansexual is...
I dunno I'd still class that as Bisexuality tbh
Bisexual = Liking males and females.
Pansexual = Liking a person regardless of gender (Male, Female, Trans, Hermaphrodite)
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

That's a somewhat misleading name then, because "sex", based on what I'm seeing after quick search, refers to the biological/physical state of being male or female, which apparently isn't what pan people are looking for. Calling it "panSEXual" then doesn't really work in the way you'd expect.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Risking off-topic here, but I can't help but agree with Spunky
I assumed sexualities were based on people's preferred sex, not gender
makes everything a whole lot simpler
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

SpunkySix wrote:That's a somewhat misleading name then, because "sex", based on what I'm seeing after quick search, refers to the biological/physical state of being male or female, which apparently isn't what pan people are looking for. Calling it "panSEXual" then doesn't really work in the way you'd expect.
Stop basing your views of people and sexuality and the world on what you've read on the internet.

*deep breaths*

I'm genuinely sorry I've introduced the concept of pansexuality to an audience which is incapable of comprehending it properly. Especially when they presume to discount what for many is their entire lifestyle and sexuality because it doesn't match with what someone on the internet found 'after a quick search' and therefore what isn't what they, in their total ignorance, 'expected'.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Pansexuals get off by rubbing cookware on their genitals, alright?

Alright.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

metalangel wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:That's a somewhat misleading name then, because "sex", based on what I'm seeing after quick search, refers to the biological/physical state of being male or female, which apparently isn't what pan people are looking for. Calling it "panSEXual" then doesn't really work in the way you'd expect.
Stop basing your views of people and sexuality and the world on what you've read on the internet.

*deep breaths*

I'm genuinely sorry I've introduced the concept of pansexuality to an audience which is incapable of comprehending it properly. Especially when they presume to discount what for many is their entire lifestyle and sexuality because it doesn't match with what someone on the internet found 'after a quick search' and therefore what isn't what they, in their total ignorance, 'expected'.
No, I'm not discounting it/them at all, I'm just saying that the literal word itself doesn't match its meaning very well. I've never had a problem with pansexuals before or after this, and I understand their desires more now, if anything.