Waitaminute... Misha HAS to be bisexual.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Waitaminute... Misha HAS to be bisexual.

Post by SpunkySix »

We've talked about her preferences and whether she's flat lesbian or not, and it's hard to tell her exact "leaning" so to say, but there's one thing that doesn't sit right with me now that I've had lots of thinking time about it.

Before Hisao fun tiems, she specifically asks him to "comfort" her. Now, what person considers being penetrated by a sex that they aren't attracted to as "comfort"? We're mostly guys here, and I realize that there are multiple orientations so please don't take this the wrong way, but think about being straight here. What purely heterosexual male would ask a guy to ram his butt in order to comfort him, no matter how emotionally distraught? Nobody. That would be all sorts of uncomfortable, probably even traumatizing. It wouldn't be any different then, if I'm not missing anything, for a lesbian to be feeling uncomfortable with a guy being inside her, which is exactly what Misha asks for.

Therefore, somewhere in the spectrum of bisexuality. Which way she goes for more? Probably female, but we only know about Shizune, so who knows? It's entirely irrelevant though. Really, the whole thing doesn't matter much because Misha is Misha no matter what and she's loved all the same either way, I just found it odd that this was still a debate after considering it like this.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Megumeru

Re: Waitaminute... Misha HAS to be bisexual.

Post by Megumeru »

Personally I believe Misha's a lesbian.

But somewhere along that line, before that scene, she heard or accidentally caught a discussion between Shizune and Hisao about that time at Shizune's house.

If I'm stepping into Misha's shoes...

The word 'comfort' would more or less be 'I want to be close to Shizune, so I want to feel what she felt' or something along that line.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Potato

Post by Potato »

Megumeru wrote:'I want to be close to Shizune'
This is how I always interpreted her stealing Shizune's hairstyle so it's possible she went further with it. :lol:

'Course, it could just be a matter of fucking is a good way to get the endorphins flowing. Nothing quite as comforting as nature's morphine pumping through you. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Although, there's the added factor for LGB people that society says they're "supposed" to have straight relationships. And, then you've got gender politics that come into play, which stigmatize gay sex negatively, while encouraging straight and lesbian sex.

So, she could be lesbian but seeing if she can handle going deep into the closet. Girl does pick up the idiot ball quite a lot as it is, and I could see her thinking "maybe if I can be with a man, I won't have to hurt any more". Sorry, Misha, unrequited love is a problem for everyone.

In any case, we also can deduce that there was a girl other than Shizune - she makes a point of Hisao being the first man she's been with, and we know she didn't actually have sex with Shizune. And, there's this suspiciously specific denial... I could see Emi's trysexuality manifesting as bicuriosity (although I think that ultimately, she is straight (although, admittedly, I'm horrible at reading the orientations of girls), but I could also see her as open to trying sex with a girl), and Misha being distraught over being rejected by Shizune, colliding.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

bhtooefr wrote:and, there's this suspiciously specific denial...
Emi wrote:"You're not my first boyfriend. I dated a guy for a long while during my second year at Yamaku..."
And there this theory goes down the drain...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

and, there's this suspiciously specific denial...
Suspiciously specific denial is actually suspiciously specific, rather than a generic "hahah, how ridiculous" which I interpreted as "you guys sure have a wild imagination".
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Emi wrote:"You're not my first boyfriend. I dated a guy for a long while during my second year at Yamaku..."
And there this theory goes down the drain...
To be fair, that's not mutually exclusive. Hisao could be her second boyfriend, even if she did experiment with Misha. Hell, her experimentation may have even been cheating on that boyfriend, or something.

And I took that comment, along with some of the other context, as being similar to "I wasn't asleep and welcome to the Shanghai!"-level.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

bhtooefr wrote:And, there's this suspiciously specific denial...
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

HAS to be?

I say she HAS TO BE pansexual. When she falls for someone, she falls for the person, not their equipment. When she turns to Hisao for comfort, she worries about having not had sex with someone with male equipment before, not the fact that Hisao himself is male.

This makes it even more of a love triangle, if you want to think about her becoming withdrawn because she likes both halves of the Hisao/Shizune couple.
Potato

Post by Potato »

A vague response (that in no way at all mentions Emi and Misha fucking) by a shifty-eyed dev team member, all of whom are known for trolling, is not a "suspiciously specific denial" as much as it is "the vaguest denial ever"... :roll:

And yeah, I'm with metal on this one. Misha seems to be less genitalia-oriented than most when it comes to attraction. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

To be fair, that's not mutually exclusive. Hisao could be her second boyfriend, even if she did experiment with Misha. Hell, her experimentation may have even been cheating on that boyfriend, or something.

And I took that comment, along with some of the other context, as being similar to "I wasn't asleep and welcome to the Shanghai!"-level.
Note the numerus in there? "A guy." Not "some people", one. And male.

Besides Hivemind said the notion was ridiculous - which it absolutely is - so I don't really see any room for interpretation there.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

Potato wrote:
A vague response (that in no way at all mentions Emi and Misha fucking) by a shifty-eyed dev team member, all of whom are known for trolling, is not a "suspiciously specific denial" as much as it is "the vaguest denial ever"... :roll:
Agreed. That doesn't prove jack shit, unfortunately.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

metalangel wrote:HAS to be?

I say she HAS TO BE pansexual. When she falls for someone, she falls for the person, not their equipment. When she turns to Hisao for comfort, she worries about having not had sex with someone with male equipment before, not the fact that Hisao himself is male.

This makes it even more of a love triangle, if you want to think about her becoming withdrawn because she likes both halves of the Hisao/Shizune couple.
Could be, but either way, she likes more than girls, and that's the take-away here. If she was didn't enjoy men in any way, she wouldn't have had a full scene with Hisao, unless you want to say that she was so depressed that she put herself through something painful and awful for her both mentally and physically just to feel a person who was linked to Shizune, which is a whole other can of worms that I don't think we'd even consider opening if we put ourselves in that position and thought about how terribly low we'd have to feel to go there.

Unless I'm confused with how pansexuals think, maybe?
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:Could be, but either way, she likes more than girls. If she was didn't enjoy men in any way, she wouldn't have had a full scene with Hisao, unless you want to say that she was so depressed that she put herself through something painful and awful for her both mentally and physically just to feel a person who was linked to Shizune, which is a whole other can of worms that I don't think we'd even consider opening if we put ourselves in that position and thought about how terribly low we'd have to feel to go there.
Maybe she felt guilty so that painful and awful act was her way of punishing herself for not being good enough for Shizune. Since we're considering awful options.

Or, maybe she is a lesbian but was just that desperate for closeness at the time. It happens.

Or she's just sexually flexible but that's a boring conclusion.

I'm still disappointed her route didn't play out how I expected it to with that scene...
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:Could be, but either way, she likes more than girls. If she was didn't enjoy men in any way, she wouldn't have had a full scene with Hisao, unless you want to say that she was so depressed that she put herself through something painful and awful for her both mentally and physically just to feel a person who was linked to Shizune, which is a whole other can of worms that I don't think we'd even consider opening if we put ourselves in that position and thought about how terribly low we'd have to feel to go there.
Maybe she felt guilty so that painful and awful act was her way of punishing herself for not being good enough for Shizune. Since we're considering awful options.

Or, maybe she is a lesbian but was just that desperate for closeness at the time. It happens.

Or she's just sexually flexible but that's a boring conclusion.

I'm still disappointed her route didn't play out how I expected it to with that scene...
Decent options. Darn it, now my original argument is falling apart again. What did you expect?