What scene made you "cry" the most

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Selim Bradley

Re: What scene made you "cry" the most

Post by Selim Bradley »

I cried several times during Hanako's Route, but can't really choose which one I cried the most at.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
Puncyclopedia

Post by Puncyclopedia »

The last hour or so of Lilly's route was just one uncontrollable fit of sobbing and looking at the screen through blurry eyes and cracked fingers.

I also remember crying during Shizune's route, but where exactly I can't remember. Ideally in replaythrough I'll find it again.
Characters: Shizune > Lilly > Rin > Emi > Hanako
Routes: Lilly > Rin > Shizune > Hanako > Emi

Replaying now, so subject to flux. Except Shizune. Shizune is best.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Puncyclopedia wrote:The last hour or so of Lilly's route was just one uncontrollable fit of sobbing and looking at the screen through blurry eyes and cracked fingers.
The good or bad end? Because the good end should quell sobbing partway through when you realize you're winning. :P
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Puncyclopedia

Post by Puncyclopedia »

Potato wrote:
Puncyclopedia wrote:The last hour or so of Lilly's route was just one uncontrollable fit of sobbing and looking at the screen through blurry eyes and cracked fingers.
The good or bad end? Because the good end should quell sobbing partway through when you realize you're winning. :P
Good end - I had no access to spoilers when I was playing it, and I *thought* I was on good end path. When you don't know what good end actually consists of, most of it hits like a sledgehammer until one realizes that they are, in fact, winning.

Under a Maudlin Sky is perhaps the most depressing scene in the entire game.
Characters: Shizune > Lilly > Rin > Emi > Hanako
Routes: Lilly > Rin > Shizune > Hanako > Emi

Replaying now, so subject to flux. Except Shizune. Shizune is best.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

I also remember crying during Shizune's route, but where exactly I can't remember. Ideally in replaythrough I'll find it again.
Yup, I found that first time round. Just finished it, and although it wasn't as destroying, when she comes back to the hospital I still found a few manly tears flopping down my face. Manly tears though, absolutely ;)
During Shizune's, I did a couple of times with Misha, particularly as somebody having recurring issues with depression myself.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Tidus

Post by Tidus »

Hm, tough call. I cried a bit on Emi's route, during the part wereshe opens up and the graveyard scene.
Rin's route, I did off and on..perhaps at just odd moments were I felt I really connected with her..and her, well..lack of connection with herself?

Hanako, I legitimately spent more time crying than not. My own issues with insecurities and anxiety just seemed mirrored in her, and was overwhelming. I also cried at her good end, and the scenes following up to it. And of course, when Hisao and Hanako show each other their scars.

So, the scene that did it the most?Hanako's major anxiety attack in school.
Bring her back...
Can you smile for her?
...or take me with her.
AlexP

Post by AlexP »

Hanako anime cutscene. That... oh my god that's an amazing cutscene! It summarize everything so gently and yet emotionally powerful! Her story is the best for me and that scene was the most powerful and constantly brings tears in my eyes.

And Lily's departure. I assume in "bad" ending she doesn't come back or come back and than you sorta agrees on long distance relationship and that's logically speaking (which is to my surprise theme of ENTIRE story here - it's possibly the most realistic and logical story) pretty much dead end for your love story there... that got me going in tears for pretty much entire thing until that after credits scene which made me enormously happy :D

I haven't read what I call 'femdom' story yet, but if Lily's story surprised me A LOT and tbh I wasn't expecting great things from it... I'm gonna restock this pile of tissues just in case.

THANK YOU DEVELOPERS! Your novel keep surprising me for almost entire week after work and till way past midnight! Only one book series was able to do similar thing. THANKS WRITERS AND DEVELOPER! AMAZING JOB!!!!!
Grimnir

Post by Grimnir »

Up until now I only cried at Hanako's good end. But I have Rin's complete arc still ahead of me, so let's see how that plays out.

It's not like the other routes didn't faze me, it just takes a lot or the right thing to actually let my tears flow at fiction, be it movies, games, what have you. In fact the only other thing that made me cry was the end of Shindler's List, but that every god damn time.

"I could've got more."
Misha: "Oh, Hi, I'm Misha and this is my hetero-life-mate, Silent Shicchan."
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Grimnir wrote:"I could've got more."
That absolutely killed me.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Potato

Post by Potato »

Never seen Schindler's List...

Closest I came to tears was Rin's route, after Nomiya's finished losing his shit after the exhibition. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

although many feels were to be had, I only actually cried at one point; When Lilly was saying her goodbyes, leaving for Scotland
I really hate goodbyes.
Grimnir wrote:In fact the only other thing that made me cry was the end of Shindler's List, but that every god damn time.

"I could've got more."
Oh god when be broke down at the end, cursing himself for selfishly keeping his gold ring, and stuff.
I would have cried but it was being watched in a history lesson. I gotta keep face, yaknow.
The red coat.
That fucking red coat.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Grimnir wrote: In fact the only other thing that made me cry was the end of Shindler's List, but that every god damn time.

"I could've got more."
This destroyed me :'( How Munchenhausen kept his shit together, even in a history lesson, is beyond me. Definitely don't cry at it as much as I used to (talking about KS now), though I STILL can't man through Lilly's good ending. I'll get there though. Probably not today though.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Nightshade

Post by Nightshade »

Man, it's hard to pick out just one in particular, there were a few really powerful scenes. I think I'll just discuss a few that there seems to be a general consensus of, and ones that were especially strong for me.

Hanako's bad ending: I didn't really cry, as much as I was left in utter shock. The realization of how she saw everything and what that meant, I just sat there feeling like the biggest prick in the world, and it was too late. So, not really a cry-scene, but definitely made me feel awful

Hanako's good end in the park scene: This, on the other hand, definitely drew out tears. I'll admit, I got this one before the bad end, the bad end was one I got for completion's sake. But this, again, the way she lets everything out and reveals why she did everything she did, how she saw it all, it broke me.

Hospital scene with Lilly: Lilly was, and probably still is, my favorite path. This scene was just such a shock, and with all the lead-up to it, it just seemed like a moment to let go.

Visiting Emi's father: While I won't deny that her bad ending left an awful feeling for me as well, this scene just seemed to hold so much more power. The way she finally gets herself to start opening up, and followed by Hisao's small speech he gives afterwards as Emi's crying, just really struck a chord for me, though I'm not necessarily sure why.

Rin's neutral ending: Rin's bad ending honestly didn't seem to do that much to me, other than a feeling of "well, I f'd up." But this one was just heart-wrenching for me. It was actually one of the last scenes I got in playing the game, and I regretting leaving it for so late in my time playing it, because it just felt like everything was crashing down, the rug's pulled out from under you and it's all over.

So, I guess if I had to narrow this down to two, while I still say Lilly and Emi have my favorite paths (Hanako being near tied with Emi), the most powerful cry-inducing scenes for me have to be the park with Hanako and Rin's neutral end. I'm just glad that when I got around to those scenes, my roommate was out visiting his family, could've been a bit difficult to explain why I was crying out of seemingly nowhere.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Nightshade wrote:Visiting Emi's father: While I won't deny that her bad ending left an awful feeling for me as well, this scene just seemed to hold so much more power. The way she finally gets herself to start opening up, and followed by Hisao's small speech he gives afterwards as Emi's crying, just really struck a chord for me, though I'm not necessarily sure why.
I think it's one of the scenes that's most symbolic both of endings and of new beginnings. In fact, that scene dug such deep claws in me that I ended up basing an entire fanfic around it, eventually.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Zerero

Post by Zerero »

I cried more than once during Lilly's good ending, my favorite path. Lots of tears and all those feels.

I teared up during Emi's path and Hanako's path. I was honestly expecting more of a reaction to Hanako's path but I suppose I couldn't fully relate to her and the path felt shorter. I still enjoyed it, just doesn't come close to the experience that I had with Lilly.
Favorite girl: Lilly

Great game, too many feels.

Lilly>Hanako=Emi>Shizune>Rin