Akira Pseudo-Route [Complete!]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

SirKaid

Re: Akira Pseudo-Route [Updated as of 4/12]

Post by SirKaid »

It's interesting. Despite his antagonistic role, this chapter has made me really like Mr. Satou. Through his frustration he comes across as someone who really does care about the wellbeing of his daughters, even though he's going about it the wrong way. He places too much importance on the company and doesn't really understand what makes them tick, but he's honestly trying and that's worth something. Kudos for making me appreciate someone I'd passed off as a dramatic tool at best.
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

SirKaid wrote:It's interesting. Despite his antagonistic role, this chapter has made me really like Mr. Satou. Through his frustration he comes across as someone who really does care about the wellbeing of his daughters, even though he's going about it the wrong way. He places too much importance on the company and doesn't really understand what makes them tick, but he's honestly trying and that's worth something. Kudos for making me appreciate someone I'd passed off as a dramatic tool at best.
Yeah, I liked that, too.

I feel more sympathetic for Mr. Satou's point of view now; he handled things the only way he knew how, and seems bewildered that anyone -Akira- would question it. Which makes him upset, because he believes he's doing everything for her and Lilly, and they're rejecting that.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
Triscuitable

Post by Triscuitable »

Quite possibly the first time in recent memory that the antagonist and foil have been one and the same. Very interesting dynamic with the character.
YourFavAnon

Post by YourFavAnon »

As easy as it is to jump on the Mr. Satou hate train, it's kind of interesting viewing his perspective from the idea of him really just not understanding what it means for an individual to be just that: an individual. In terms of the dynamic that exists between the characters of Mr. Satou and Tetsuo... it's interesting to say the least. Akira is very reluctant to accept either of their personalities and attitudes towards self-goals; yet one is her father, who she seemingly despises, and the other was her boyfriend for a very long time... but she doesn't necessarily despise him. Mr. Satou left Akira and Lilly, and then there was a mutual split, more or less, between Tetsuo and Akira. It's just an interesting dynamic in general, because Mr. Satou and Tetsuo are so similar with their goals and personalities, the only real difference being that Tetsuo is still young (and somewhat naive). It's strange how that works sometimes, where you end up resenting someone so much that you have a tendency to disregard the fact that there are other people in your life who basically carry very, very similar traits. We know that Tetsuo decided that he was more passionate about his job and not so much worried about the romance aspect of life. The biggest question for me is whether or not Mr. Satou will end up kind of having a moment of understanding, where he'll see that everyone kind of has their own goals and aspirations, even if they don't reflect his own personal ideals.

The story, at this point, is beginning to feel like Hisao is in a major role, but it's great that these other major characters are having a large role in what is the ultimate end of the story. It's cool that the story has become less about just what Hisao wants, but also what others want and tying up all of the loose ends between different characters. I just think that this whole act in itself has been very well written and planned out, in the end.
I write things occasionally.

Dumps of my 35+ fics can be found here and here (including some non-KS stuff).
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

side from Lilly and I, there wasn’t anyone
"Lilly and me"
she steps between Lilly and I
dito

Otherwise a very good chapter.
It was nice to see Mr. Soto like this, even it is not quite the same Mr. Satou as the first time we met him in this story...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Thanatos02

Post by Thanatos02 »

Deadpool021 wrote:I can't believe it took me this long to notice but Tetsuo and Mr. Satou are very similar. They both put their business as priority over everything and everyone else. I'm sure Akira at some point probably noticed she was going to end up with someone that is just like her father and is glad their relationship ended. I really liked how you described the event. I've attended events pretty similar to that and you nailed it in how fake everyone acts towards on another.

Once again nice chapter, always worth the wait. Keep up the good writing
YourFavAnon wrote:As easy as it is to jump on the Mr. Satou hate train, it's kind of interesting viewing his perspective from the idea of him really just not understanding what it means for an individual to be just that: an individual. In terms of the dynamic that exists between the characters of Mr. Satou and Tetsuo... it's interesting to say the least. Akira is very reluctant to accept either of their personalities and attitudes towards self-goals; yet one is her father, who she seemingly despises, and the other was her boyfriend for a very long time... but she doesn't necessarily despise him. Mr. Satou left Akira and Lilly, and then there was a mutual split, more or less, between Tetsuo and Akira. It's just an interesting dynamic in general, because Mr. Satou and Tetsuo are so similar with their goals and personalities, the only real difference being that Tetsuo is still young (and somewhat naive). It's strange how that works sometimes, where you end up resenting someone so much that you have a tendency to disregard the fact that there are other people in your life who basically carry very, very similar traits. We know that Tetsuo decided that he was more passionate about his job and not so much worried about the romance aspect of life. The biggest question for me is whether or not Mr. Satou will end up kind of having a moment of understanding, where he'll see that everyone kind of has their own goals and aspirations, even if they don't reflect his own personal ideals.
That's the point, to an extent. I wanted Mr. Satou and Tetsuo to have a lot of similarities in how they handle their careers versus the rest of their lives. One thing I've tried to keep constant is the way Satou starts and ends scenes, in that he's always the one to act aggressive and push things into action with criticism, but when things get too heavy he cuts things off and calmly exits the engagement. I'm hoping that everything is weaving together and it's becoming clear as to why this is.
Thank you for the compliments.
SirKaid wrote:It's interesting. Despite his antagonistic role, this chapter has made me really like Mr. Satou. Through his frustration he comes across as someone who really does care about the wellbeing of his daughters, even though he's going about it the wrong way. He places too much importance on the company and doesn't really understand what makes them tick, but he's honestly trying and that's worth something. Kudos for making me appreciate someone I'd passed off as a dramatic tool at best.
Hoitash wrote:Yeah, I liked that, too.

I feel more sympathetic for Mr. Satou's point of view now; he handled things the only way he knew how, and seems bewildered that anyone -Akira- would question it. Which makes him upset, because he believes he's doing everything for her and Lilly, and they're rejecting that.
Triscuitable wrote:Quite possibly the first time in recent memory that the antagonist and foil have been one and the same. Very interesting dynamic with the character.
Thanks for reading. That was the main goal I set out to accomplish with this chapter, and I'm really glad that some things managed to make it through the sea of botched timing. I'm hoping to keep the trend going into the next 2 chapters. One thing I've been fighting an uphill battle on is the fear of timing, because it takes so long to get new entries out, I'm always terrified that a lot of the fine details that will be needed to really put the pieces together will wind up being forgotten by the time the next part shows up on the thread.
Mirage_GSM wrote:Otherwise a very good chapter.
It was nice to see Mr. Soto like this, even it is not quite the same Mr. Satou as the first time we met him in this story...
Thank you. I have to say I'm not seeing where you're coming from on that last detail, though. He's grown less and less aggressive as the story has worn on, but I think the same general ideas have been kept constant. Could you explain what you mean?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Well, when he first appeared he seemed to be lacking any social skills at all. He did not even react when spoken to and ignored Akira and Hisao both. It hasn't been that bad ever since then.

griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Triscuitable

Post by Triscuitable »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Well, when he first appeared he seemed to be lacking any social skills at all. He did not even react when spoken to and ignored Akira and Hisao both. It hasn't been that bad ever since then.
When you first arrive from a distant country, province, or state, do you feel like immediately conversing with family? No, you feel irritable, tired, and frustrated by the plane flight. You might exchange some kind words, but given Satou's normal demeanor, that doesn't seem his style.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I don't think that was supposed to be the reason for Mr. Satou's behaviour then :lol:

Sore wa himitsu desu.
Triscuitable

Post by Triscuitable »

Mirage_GSM wrote:I don't think that was supposed to be the reason for Mr. Satou's behaviour then :lol:
I'm just trying to fill in the holes. It's what I do.

So far, the only plot hole I couldn't fill was the entirety of Assassin's Creed III. :wink:
mayeram

Post by mayeram »

I just wanted to thank you for writing this, it is definitely the best story that I have read in a long time.

It has given me feelings that I haven't felt since...I guess since I first played the game.
Crimson

Post by Crimson »

Reiterating what I said last time I posted in this thread; life comes first. Though I can't speak for others, I can safely say that I have no problem waiting for each chapter. These past two additions in particular have been a thoroughly enjoyable read and I'm quite stoked to see where you're going to take us in the coming 2 chapters. All the best with them! :D
ImageImageImage
cptngarlock

Post by cptngarlock »

Just wanted to drop to say that I enjoyed this chapter, and like most everyone else, thoroughly appreciated the insight into Mr Satou - as someone else said, I initially wrote him off a little bit of a generic dramatic tool, rather than a more fully-fledged character in his own right (that is, I saw him more as "villain" than "antagonist.") Now I really, really want to see what kind of heart-to-heart is going to happen at the jazz club. For some reason, I have this image of him clawing his way up from nothing to becoming the head of this massive empire; reminds me of Don Corleone, in many ways, sans the generousness.

I forget, but did Mr. Satou ever address the fact Akira and Hisao are dating? He's certainly made mention of Hisao's youth in relation to his inexperience, but I don't at all remember him addressing Akira dating someone so much younger than herself. If he did talk about it, could you tell me which chapter it is? I'd love to read it.
hyroglyphixs

Post by hyroglyphixs »

I finally decided to take the plunge and read this whole story.. and boy was I in for a surprise. Every chapter was so well written, and the plot that you have created is simply amazing!

I can't wait to read how this all ends :)
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite" - Okabe Rintarou
El. Psy. Congroo~
Numb

Post by Numb »

Just finished catching up to this today. Gotta say, I've always been skeptical about this because I never thought Akira could work as a love interest. I have been proven wrong. Keep up the fantastic work Thanatos.
Currently working on: Notes for a new project (Coming Soon™)
I did KS and other songs on note blocks in Minecraft: Playlist here
Old works| Rooftops - An Emi Story| Christmas with the Hakamichis | Not Like Him - Rin Perspective|Blossom - A Miki pseudo-route