Music that makes you think of KS

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: Music that makes you think of KS

Post by SpunkySix »

pandaphil wrote:Oh hell, these days what song DOESN'T make me think of KS in one way or another?

Right?
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
abislpknt

Post by abislpknt »

Every time I hear this, I kinda picture it being Misha's theme song :P

And since this is my first post here, guess I'll say hi...so..

Hi :P
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

abislpknt wrote:Every time I hear this, I kinda picture it being Misha's theme song :P

'Sup tho?
abislpknt

Post by abislpknt »

SpunkySix wrote:
abislpknt wrote:Every time I hear this, I kinda picture it being Misha's theme song :P

'Sup tho?
Ah, you know..chillin, throwin down some dinner before work. But that's a story for another time!

Guess to kinda keep on topic though, another one that makes me think of Misha, unfortunately a little more somber and depressingly. Think it reminds me most of the scene where she confesses to Hisao her feelings about Shizune and her thoughts on killing herself..I kinda view this song as a kinda like a 'what if' musical suicide note of sorts.

The feels bro...the feels ;_;
Seeker91

Post by Seeker91 »

For some reason Dirge for the Planet by Firelake makes me think of KS.

Can't explain it.
"The things that I want", by Hanako Ikezawa. A chocolate bar. A cup of tea. For the sun to shine. I want to sleep to forget. To change the past. My parents and skin back. Unlimited chess pieces and a license to skip turns. Right then, more than anything, I wanted him.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

This rather situationally inappropriate album reminds me of KS, as I played it during the first time through Act 1, not realising there was background music. Now, I wouldn't dream of playing music over it, but the association still remains. Ah well :P

Oh, and anything by Converge reminds me of Hanako. Just think it'd be the sort of thing she'd listen to. Even though it's almost certainly not :P
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

brythain

Post by brythain »

Actually, Secret Garden's Dreamcatcher album from 2001 (I think) is one of my favourites when going cross-cultural on KS. It has appropriate moods for every part of KS.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Fly Like An Eagle by the Steve Miller Band gives me kind of a nostalgic feel for the game. Like the whole thing was a really nice dream and it helps me get there.

No Such Thing by John Mayer reminds me of how cool all of the girls and their little quirks are, and why the VN is inspiring personally.

Tiny Dancer by Elton John, because Emi is pretty small. Now I want to dance with her. I must dance and I have no amputee.
Edas10

Post by Edas10 »

Serenade for strings reminds me a bit of the game
AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

Huh this little piece closer to home made me think that this'd be Hisao bursting out in song, somewhere in Yamaku's streets, shortly after a girl confessed to him or just merely trying to describe to a friend what being in love feels like.

Dave Dobbyn - You Oughta Be In Love
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Just Like Heaven by The Cure. Replace a dream with a VN, and it's pretty much the same thing.

AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

SpunkySix wrote:Just Like Heaven by The Cure. Replace a dream with a VN, and it's pretty much the same thing.

Good call. Although not the entire song is applicable, when Hisao realises that Kenji is his only 'choice' for the school festival, Cut Here by The Cure seems to fit.

Great band by the way.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:Just Like Heaven by The Cure. Replace a dream with a VN, and it's pretty much the same thing.

Good call. Although not the entire song is applicable, when Hisao realises that Kenji is his only 'choice' for the school festival, Cut Here by The Cure seems to fit.

Great band by the way.
Definitely.

This feels fitting for Lilly post moving to Scotland; A Thousand Miles by Venessa Carlton

Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

SpunkySix wrote:This feels fitting for Lilly post moving to Scotland; A Thousand Miles by Venessa Carlton

Ehhh, I'd say that's a little too uplifting for that.
I was thinking something like this
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Munchenhausen wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:This feels fitting for Lilly post moving to Scotland; A Thousand Miles by Venessa Carlton

Ehhh, I'd say that's a little too uplifting for that.
I was thinking something like this
Ah, Munch better.