Katawa Shoujo Achievements

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

d2r

Re: Katawa Shoujo Achievements

Post by d2r »

Comrade wrote:Purge them with flames
Unlock the Black Hand route and discover how Hanako really got her scars
I have been giggling over this for DAYS.

On topic:

Cloud Atlased
Play the first two acts of Hanako, Lily, Emi, and Shizune's arcs, play Rin's arc in its entirety, and then play the last act for the other four in reverse order.

Irreversible
Watch every scene of a girl's route going backwards from their bad ending (from the end to the beginning via the scene selector).

Getting into it, Round 1
Play Shizune's route with the sound muted.

Getting into it, Round 2
Play Lily's route with your eyes closed or blindfolded. (Hint: Have a friend read the text aloud to you)

Getting into it, Round 3
Play Rin's route without using your hands to manipulate the keyboard.

Pathetic Piece of Defective Meat
Unlock the SHODAN route.
Last edited by d2r on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
Fubard

Post by Fubard »

Luckey Me
Kickstarter a new piece of computer hardware designed to give the blind back their sight, then sell it out to facebook while laughing maniacally at your unsuspecting backers from atop a pile of money.
Potato

Post by Potato »

someguy1294 wrote:Because Visual Novel Continuity Isn't Hard Enough Already
Get the dev team to declare everything that happens in Katawa Crash as canon.
Katawa Crash is canon with Kenji's route. Hisao actually survives in a coma, only to wake a few years later to find that feminists really did take over and insubordinate males have become human cannonballs for their amusement.

Meat Puppet: Put your arm up Rin (either lower orifice will do) and have a puppet show.

Be Careful What You Wish For: Remake the game to include the malicious genie character Calypso from Twisted Metal. Add new endings for each character:

Hanako: Wishes to have parents again. Ends up in Rapture as a Little Sister bound to a Big Daddy.

Emi: Wishes for her father and legs back. Her father reincarnates as her shin.

Misha: Wishes for Shizune's happiness. Shizune becomes irreversibly depressed as Misha literally leeches away her happiness.

Rin: Wishes to be understood. Ends up locked up in a lab being experimented on by scientists.

Lilly: Wishes to be able to stay with Hisao without disobeying her parents. Her plane to Scotland crashes and she ends up in a hospital bed right beside the one Hisao's in after his airport heart attack.

Kenji: Wishes for pizza. It's plain cheese.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Potato wrote:
Meat Puppet: Put your arm up Rin (either lower orifice will do) and have a puppet show.

Be Careful What You Wish For: Remake the game to include the malicious genie character Calypso from Twisted Metal. Add new endings for each character:

Hanako: Wishes to have parents again. Ends up in Rapture as a Little Sister bound to a Big Daddy.

Emi: Wishes for her father and legs back. Her father reincarnates as her shin.

Misha: Wishes for Shizune's happiness. Shizune becomes irreversibly depressed as Misha literally leeches away her happiness.

Rin: Wishes to be understood. Ends up locked up in a lab being experimented on by scientists.

Lilly: Wishes to be able to stay with Hisao without disobeying her parents. Her plane to Scotland crashes and she ends up in a hospital bed right beside the one Hisao's in after his airport heart attack.

Kenji: Wishes for pizza. It's plain cheese.
These were hilarious, Emi's and Kenji's especially :p Rin's made me kinda sad, but then Rin has that effect.

At least it's not fried, right?

Choke to death on the cake you sneakily bought at the school festival.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Xaredian
Location: Elysium, Crytar, Terranova, somewhere in the universe

Post by Xaredian »

Fubard wrote:Luckey Me
Kickstarter a new piece of computer hardware designed to give the blind back their sight, then sell it out to facebook while laughing maniacally at your unsuspecting backers from atop a pile of money.
Seems like someone's mad about a piece of hardware that was meant for gamers, being sold to the people over at facebook.
To be remembered by anyone after death is the goal of basically every soul that's lived in this world.
Woody Alien

Post by Woody Alien »

These Twisted Metal achievements are as brilliant as they are, yes, twisted!

Here's some more:

A Danger To Myself
Take a sample of each and every food and beverage at the School Festival.

Danger Is My Middle Name
Take a sample of each and every food and beverage at the School Festival, without letting Emi know it.

Shanghaied
When on a date at the Shanghai, order only the most expensive items on the menu. Twice.

Yamaku Academy Or Honnouji Academy?
Take a picture of Shizune, dressed in militaristic garb and with her father's katana, on the school's roof.

Make Me Happy
Create and develop an indie game just for the sake of putting Katawa Shoujo references in it.
Katawa Shoujo is a game that, by all accounts, shouldn't exist, but it does and we're happier because of it!
Shizune è una porcona

Click here for real-life Misha: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daddy_mulk/8637512452/
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Xaredian wrote:
Seems like someone's mad about a piece of hardware that was meant for gamers, being sold to the people over at facebook.
I know I am.
Spent £230 on that sucker.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Woody Alien wrote: Yamaku Academy Or Honnouji Academy?
Take a picture of Shizune, dressed in militaristic garb and with her father's katana, on the school's roof.
Mankanshoku Hisao
Eat everything in the canteen indiscriminately.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Potato

Post by Potato »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Xaredian wrote:
I know I am.
And...What's the problem? You paid for something and you either got or will get it. :roll:

Katawa Oculus: Enjoy the world's greatest 2D virtual reality cripple waifu experience.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Xaredian

Post by Xaredian »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Xaredian wrote:
I know I am.
Your fault.

There's still that PS4 one, though... o3o

Damnit Emi, I'm a swimmer, not a runner.
Take up swimming at Yamaku instead of running. Falling for a non-canon gal instead of one of the canon gals.

Unless Miki likes to swim.

@Potato: That's actually a pretty funny achievement.
To be remembered by anyone after death is the goal of basically every soul that's lived in this world.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Xaredian wrote: Unless Miki likes to swim.
I'm betting she's a great swimmer. *insert obvious breaststroke joke here*

Xaredian

Post by Xaredian »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
*Opens month*...
Uhm... no.
Because that's my primary stroke.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Akira is canonically a swimmer.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Xaredian wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
*Opens month*...
Uhm... no.
That's your main?! I can't swim (honestly, RIN would last longer in a pool than I would) but I know from fairly good authority that's the most difficult!

Xaredian

Post by Xaredian »

bhtooefr wrote:Akira is canonically a swimmer.
But, Akira doesn't actively swim are Yamaku...

Anyway...

It's dangerous to go alone. Here, take this.
Give Shizune a cell phone that can't receive texts. And give Lilly a texting phone that can't receive calls.
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Xaredian wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote: I'm betting she's a great swimmer. *insert obvious breaststroke joke here*
*Opens month*...
Uhm... no.
That's your main?! I can't swim (honestly, RIN would last longer in a pool than I would) but I know from fairly good authority that's the most difficult!
Butterfly is by far the hardest...