Which ending(s) do you consider the worst?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Which ending(s) do you consider the worst?

Emi bad ending
16%
Hanako bad ending
11%
Lilly bad ending
4%
Rin 1st bad ending (Fight End)
7%
Rin 2nd bad ending (Rain End)
25%
Shizune bad ending
16%
Kenji
17%
Other
4%

Total votes: 105

Potato

Re: Which ending(s) do you consider the worst?

Post by Potato »

someguy1294 wrote:I didn't play through Shizune's route (yet), so I don't know what her central problem is and how Hisao helps to resolve it (or if he does), so I can't speak on that one.
Hisao...kinda helps out there. Somebody else might do so eventually if he didn't, so he's still not strictly needed there.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Atario wrote: I'd like to offer that the good effect Hisao has on Lilly in her route is that she learns the importance of being open and honest and more assertive. Without that, she could become a meeker person, especially living more directly under the shadow and control of her parents.
Hmm... now, when you put it like that, the routes besides Lilly's seem to put her in a much worse place than the other girls. One could argue that something will come along and jar Lilly out of her meekness in Hisao's place, but when you bring up the point of her living that close to her parents (whom, if Akira is to be trusted, don't really care about her) things look pretty grim.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
Tidus

Post by Tidus »

Kind of had me confused by labeling it "Worst".

But I would say both of Rin's bad endings, with the Second one being the worse of the two. Both are entirely heart-wrenching, and sad.

(SNIP)
Bring her back...
Can you smile for her?
...or take me with her.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Post-snip: review the forum rules. ಠ_ಠ
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Tidus

Post by Tidus »

-nods, and apologizes-

Must have missed that one, Sir Cook.

Anyway. I'll elaborate a bit more on why I feel the endings I mentioned are the "worst".

I feel Rin's 2nd ending, not only because of the somewhat implied, yet Aura denied (If Aura denies his character being like that, that's what I'll go with.) suicidal Rin, but because of just how empty and lost she seems. I think in her mind, she had thought she figured things out a bit more, and was making that bridge to Hisao (potentially)...but then it just collapsed and she's left feeling entirely blank and hopeless. I feel as if the other girls poor endings at least looked more...promising for their futures than her at that time, due to her state of mind and how distant she is. Emi may be her friend, but they have a huge gap between them. And what about after school?

So, that is why Rin's 2nd ending, is what I would say is the "worst".
Bring her back...
Can you smile for her?
...or take me with her.
d2r

Post by d2r »

Kenji.

I mean, don't get me wrong - the girls' bad endings are much more heart-wrenching. But Hisao is alive, and has a life ahead of him in which there is the potential to move on. I've been through breakups myself, and as horrible as they are, you find a way to move on.

In the Kenji ending, Hisao DIES. Yes, it's not as emotionally-crushing as, say, Rin "forgetting" you or Lily leaving you to go live in Scotland, but objectively it's basically the worst possible thing that can happen to him. You can live through a breakup, but you can't live through death.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

d2r wrote: you can't live through death.
Because people die when they are killed.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
d2r

Post by d2r »

someguy1294 wrote:
I'm given to understand that being killed is a sufficient condition for one's dying. :p
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
pisceanreve

Post by pisceanreve »

I put Hanako and Kenji, but I also really wanted to put Emi too. I'm not sure if this is because she was my first bad end and I was a bit jarred or if it was because I'd feel horrible anyway the way she cut contact >.<
pisceanreve

Post by pisceanreve »

d2r wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:
I'm given to understand that being killed is a sufficient condition for one's dying. :p
lol it's a VN reference XD
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

pisceanreve wrote:
d2r wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:Because people die when they are killed.
lol it's a VN reference XD
Actually it's a reference to a badly done fansub.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.