After Graduation - A Shizune/Hisao story (post good route)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

amr83

Re: After Graduation - A Shizune/Hisao story (post good rout

Post by amr83 »

Hope there is more on the way soon, I'm really enjoying this story.
sg1cat

Post by sg1cat »

amr83 wrote:Hope there is more on the way soon, I'm really enjoying this story.

Yup, there will be more, as soon as I can manage.

Sorry to all for not posting more, but as I warned previously, things have gotten pretty intense for me.

Still, I will be carrying on this story, after things settle down for a bit.

Stay tuned!

~sg1cat
After Graduation - a Shizune/Hisao story (post-good route)
monkeywitha6pack

Post by monkeywitha6pack »

I'll tell you the same thing I tell every author worried about not posting enough, quality over quantity. I'd rather see one post that took a month and is a great chapter then forced rushed chapters once a day
Wahahaha~.
TheGoatman

Post by TheGoatman »

monkeywitha6pack wrote:I'll tell you the same thing I tell every author worried about not posting enough, quality over quantity. I'd rather see one post that took a month and is a great chapter then forced rushed chapters once a day
This. Few things are more disappointing than seeing an update, and checking in to find out it was something small, rushed, and sloppy. I'd much rather stumble across this months from now with an "oh hey! update!" and find an awesome chapter
I'm just a rusty old goat and a poor writer by anyone's standards, so no need to take my advice to heart, and when you do, take a handful of salt with it.
sg1cat

Post by sg1cat »

TheGoatman wrote:
monkeywitha6pack wrote:I'll tell you the same thing I tell every author worried about not posting enough, quality over quantity. I'd rather see one post that took a month and is a great chapter then forced rushed chapters once a day
This. Few things are more disappointing than seeing an update, and checking in to find out it was something small, rushed, and sloppy. I'd much rather stumble across this months from now with an "oh hey! update!" and find an awesome chapter
Glad to see that sentiment, because it's exactly why I haven't posted in so long. I have another chapter and a quarter written, but the next installment just isn't ready. I've actually been working on it this morning and I think it's pretty close, but I won't post it until I have at least the chapter after that written, at least in rough form. I like to be a few chapters aged of what I post, just in case I find need to fix something in previous chapters, due to a turn the story took later on.

I have hopes of posting something very soon, though. :-)

-sg1cat
TheGoatman

Post by TheGoatman »

sg1cat wrote:
TheGoatman wrote:
Glad to see that sentiment, because it's exactly why I haven't posted in so long. I have another chapter and a quarter written, but the next installment just isn't ready. I've actually been working on it this morning and I think it's pretty close, but I won't post it until I have at least the chapter after that written, at least in rough form. I like to be a few chapters aged of what I post, just in case I find need to fix something in previous chapters, due to a turn the story took later on.

I have hopes of posting something very soon, though. :-)

-sg1cat
I look forward to it!
I'm just a rusty old goat and a poor writer by anyone's standards, so no need to take my advice to heart, and when you do, take a handful of salt with it.
sg1cat

Post by sg1cat »

AntonSlavik020 wrote:Another good chapter sg1cat. Anyways, I wonder if they are gonna meat Hisao's old friends. I've read a couple stories where Hisao and his girlfriend(one was Shizune the other was Hanako) met them, and they ultimately encountered Iwaniko. Whether you go that direction or not, looking forward to the meeting with Hisao's perants.
Thanks as always, Anton. I'm still having fun with it, in spite of the rest of my life consuming me lately...

We'll have to see if Iwanako shows up...I ain't tellin' (yet! ;-))

monkeywitha6pack wrote:I'm interested to see if they see Iwanako and how you write her and, how you write mr satou
we'll wee about Iwanako shows up...but Mr Satou we'll almost certainly meet Mr. Satou, once our two star-crossed lovers make their way back for Shizune's party...

ksfan1989 wrote:I'm starting to think that this train is going straight to Scotland.
Wouldn't that be a plot twist!

Minion of Chaos wrote:
AntonSlavik020 wrote:Another good chapter sg1cat... looking forward to the meeting with Hisao's perants.
Couldn't agree more!
Well then, you should really enjoy this next chapter... ;-)

amr83 wrote:Hope there is more on the way soon, I'm really enjoying this story.
Thanks so much - wait no more!! :-D

Thanks again for everybody's patience. I'm still having a blast writing this, and plan to keep going. Sometimes, the rest of my life does overwhelm, though...

Anyway, here's the next chapter!
sg1cat

Chapter 21

Post by sg1cat »

"Hakata station in fifteen minutes! Fifteen minutes to Hakata station!"

The loud, distorted voice of the conductor over the crackly PA system in the train harshly jolts me out of what had been a very peaceful and contented nap. Even with the jarring sound to wrench me out of my sleep, I find it difficult to stay awake. The rhythm of the train and the warmth of Shizune's body pressed against mine work together to tempt me back into slumber. The fact that it's almost completely dark in the cabin doesn't help either. The only light is the repeated flash of passing street lights from the road that runs along this length of the tracks on the approach to our destination. The rain ended at some point when we slept, I don't hear it hammering against the window anymore.

Groaning with a heavy sigh, I start to rub Shizune's arm with the hand of my arm that's wrapped about her slender frame. She stirs against me, moaning unhappily as she snuggles in against me all the more, nuzzling her face deeper into the crook of my neck.

I smile from ear to ear at the sound of her voice, cherishing the rare moment. I've only heard her make a sound when her guard is completely down, so I eagerly take in each lucky opportunity.

"Come on Shizune," I say, even though I know she can't hear me. To my surprise, she stirs again when I speak. I'm confused by this, until I realize that with her face pressed up against my neck, she can probably feel the vibrations of my voice against her.

Smiling, I keep talking as I continue to rub her body with my hands, now patting her back and her side. "We need to get up, sweetheart. I wish we could stay like this all night, but it's time to go. My parents will be waiting for us when we arrive at the station."

Crap. My parents. I never did send them the email I planned on, telling them that I was bringing Shizune home.

Oh well. There's nothing to be done for it now.

Shizune sighs heavily, moaning quietly one last time as she lifts her head to look at me in the passing lights of the street lamps outside. She looks especially beautiful in the undulating light, her hair slightly askew. I smile happily at the sight of her bare face, her expression a portrait of sleepy lethargy as I reach up to stroke her cheek. She closes her eyes and smiles serenely, leaning into my touch. Sighing happily, she leans in and presses her lips to mine. I kiss her in return.

We can wait just a little while longer.

We kiss sweetly for a bit before she pulls back and smiles at me again. With a heavy sigh, she forces herself up and off of me, moving to sit on the bench we share. As she does, I position myself to sit next to her. I find myself wishing I hadn't woken her up, even though there really was no choice. Besides, we have weeks together with nothing more to do than enjoy each other's company. There's lots more of this to look forward to.

She reaches for her glasses as we sit together on the bench, which is still warm from our rather lengthy nap. I hadn't expected us to sleep so long, we must have been napping for almost two hours.

Having donned her glasses again, Shizune reaches over to the space of wall above the foldaway table and below the window to flick a switch. The cabin lights up as fluorescents above flicker to life, making me blink at the sudden brightness. Looking over at me while similarly fluttering her eyelids, Shizune lifts her hands to sign, but her hand motions turn into a wide stretch as an all consuming yawn overtakes her. I smile from ear to ear. She sees my reaction and looks a little annoyed, maybe even a touch embarrassed.

[Are we almost there?] she finally asks after she finishes, her cheeks colored the slightest shade of red.

Nodding, I answer, [we are. It's about ten minutes until the station.]

Her eyes fly wide open in a small panic. Shizune frowns as she hurriedly gets up. [Dammit,] she signs. [I wanted to have more time than that!]

With that, she snatches up her purse and satchel, tossing both on her shoulder. Turning back to me, she signs, [Hisao, could you please fold up the table and get our luggage ready to go? I just want to freshen up in the lavatory.] Looking me over quickly from head to toe, she quickly adds, [if we have time after I get back, you should too.]

Before I can even respond, Shizune is out the door, closing it behind her.

I blink in surprise, a bit confused. Chuckling to myself as I stand, I grin wryly while rubbing the back of my neck. As I turn around, I catch sight of myself in the reflection caused by the blackness of night behind the window and the light inside the cabin. I notice my sweater vest could use some straightening, and my hair is a little more out of control than usual, but otherwise I figure I look presentable.

It's only my parents, after all.

Straightening my vest, I proceed to collapse the table and start removing our luggage from the closet. It's much easier to do than it was to stow in the first place, so in about the space of a minute or two, I'm done and waiting for my girlfriend to return. Sitting down on one of the benches, I try and look out the window, though it's impossible to really see anything with the light on inside.

After several minutes of waiting, Shizune hurries back into the compartment.

[How do I look?] she asks anxiously while smoothing her skirt, still in a slight panic.

My eyes roam over her from head to toe, taking in the sight. Her black skirt combined with the red halter top and wide belt is tasteful and sexy, the straps of her top crossing over to loop around her neck, meeting in a bow. She's as breathtaking as always. I really can't tell what's different about now from before she left. She looked fine in the first place.

[You're gorgeous,] I sign to her with a wide smile.

She looks at me dubiously. [Seriously, Hisao. I'm not fishing for flattery here, do I look good enough to meet your parents?]

I smile kindly at her, standing up and walking over to her. [Relax,] I sign to her. Putting my hands on her bare shoulders, I lean in to kiss her tenderly. She scowls as I do, and at first she doesn't respond, but quickly enough she sighs in frustration and kisses back, leaning in against me.

I pull away, looking into her eyes when she opens them. She looks almost as cross as before.

[Don't worry,] I assure her. [My parents are going to simply adore you.]

Shizune purses her lips, looking back into my eyes. [I hope you're right,] she signs. [I don't remember when I've been this nervous before.] She bites her lip in a way that just makes me want to tackle her here and now.

She'd never go for that, of course.

Glaring at me, she adds, [I really wish you'd told me something about them...!]

I chuckle, shaking my head. [The only thing you need to know about them is that they're going to love you,] I sign.

[Yes, I get it. You think this will be just fine,] she adds irritably as the train starts to slow down.

"Hakata station, Hakata station," the conductor calls out over the intercom. "Please exit to the left. Thank you for traveling with us, we hope you've enjoyed the trip."

[It's time,] I sign to Shizune, who nods with an anxious look in her eyes. Taking her hand in mine, I give it a squeeze and her a reassuring smile. The brakes squeal loudly as the train comes to a complete stop. She smiles back at me, but I can still see how nervous she is in her eyes.

I'm amazed. I've only ever seen her this anxious a few other times.

When I asked her out is the only thing that comes to mind.

We proceed to gather up our luggage, and exit the cabin. I glance back as we go, smiling at the memories of our many hours alone there. I'm really glad now that Shizune paid for the private cabin, it was really amazing. I'll have to remember to thank her for that, later.

We make our way through the car and off the train. I help Shizune cross from the train to the platform, and we then make our way to the escalator that takes us up to the main level, where we'll meet my parents. We move through the jostling crowd, staying close together as we board the escalator.

Emerging onto the main concourse, I smile at the familiar sight of the bustling crowd of Hakata Station. Looking around as I lead Shizune forward, I take a few slow steps until I see my parents waving and smiling at me, about fifty feet away from the bank of escalators that lead up from the various rail lines below. I turn to Shizune and smile, winking as I nod my head in their direction. She smiles nervously back at me, then I lead her to where they stand.

As we move forward, I see my parents watching us with an intrigued gaze now. My mother lifts an eyebrow, leaning in towards my father, saying something to him. He nods in answer, frowning slightly while saying a few words in response. The two of them watch Shizune and me with studious gazes, and suddenly stern expressions. Their eyes flicker over each of us as we approach.

Suddenly I find myself sharing in Shizune's anxiety.

When we come to stand in front of them, I smile at them as I stop and put down the pieces of luggage that I'm carrying so that I can sign for Shizune's benefit. I'm more than a little surprised when the smile is not returned. Coming to stand beside me, Shizune does the same. My parents look slightly confused as we do this, but they don't say anything.

["Hello, Mom and Dad,"] I greet them with a smile, while signing for Shizune. They briefly glance at each other in surprise at the sight of me using sign language, but look on in stoic silence. ["I'd like to introduce my girlfriend, Shizune Hakamichi."] With slightly furrowed brows, my parents turn their gaze to look at her.

Looking more nervous than ever, Shizune bows deeply. They watch her silently. When Shizune straightens to look at them again, she signs her greeting. [Good evening, Mr and Mrs. Nakai. It is an honor to meet the parents of my boyfriend.] I repeat her words exactly for my parents, each of them looking back and forth from me to her as I speak while she signs. They look a little disoriented by this, but say nothing.

Glancing at Shizune, I can see the ever growing anxiety in her eyes. She adds with trembling hands, [I hope you do not mind that Hisao invited me to stay with you, during our break until we both go to University. I will strive to be a good guest while I am in your care.]

My parents frown deeply, then look at each other again for a moment as Shizune lowers her shaking hands to indicate that she's done. My girlfriend looks like she's about to keel over. I think she's even perspiring now. When she flicks a pleading glance at me, I fear I'm no help. I'm even more stunned by my parents' demeanor than she, I really wasn't expecting such a cold welcome.

My mother is the first to crack, a giggle escaping as her smile blooms into a wide grin that quickly draws out the same from my father. Looking back at us, my father answers, "Hisao, please tell Shizune that it's a pleasure to meet such a fine young lady. We would be honored if she would be our guest for as long as she would like to stay."

My jaw nearly hits the floor. They got me again.

This time, they got Shizune, too. Way to make a first impression, Mom and Dad.

"You two," I mutter as I breathe a sigh of relief at their answer, quickly signing his words for Shizune. I hadn't even realized that I was holding my breath as they waited those few moments before responding. My father gives me a smug smirk, wearing his typical 'gotcha' face. They really put one over on me this time.

Looking over at Shizune, I see her hesitantly smile with a very confused and worried look upon her face. Clearly, she's still very anxious and probably now disoriented, but my parents' smiling faces and the answer my father gave her at least helps assure her that she's not unwelcome with my parents.

Then my father quickly adds, "Just don't think we're going to let the two of you share the same room." I'm so taken aback by his remark that I hesitated before signing it with halting gestures back to Shizune, who immediately flushes a deep pink at the words.

He then adds with a wink, "but we won't post any guards outside your doors, so..." he shrugs as I hesitate again.

"Haruki, really!" My mother chides him as she hits him on the shoulder. He laughs, rubbing where she struck him, looking back at us. I force myself to sign for Shizune, watching her with a chagrined expression. Her eyes go wide as saucers, her face turning an even darker crimson than before as she looks from me to my father.

It's only natural for her to be so shocked by Dad's remarks, especially after the act they just put on, but I really should know better. I guess that's what I get for spending a few months away from these two. I'm really losing my touch.

Now my mother chimes in, addressing my father. "Dear, why don't you get Hisao's bags and I'll get Shizune's. Then we can all still talk while we make our way to the car." My father nods, grunting in answer. As I sign my mother's words for Shizune, she continues to flush in embarrassment, her confused expression suddenly slipping into one of alarm.

[Mr and Mrs. Nakai, please, that's not necessary!] she hurriedly and emphatically protests, even as my mother and father immediately move to relieve us of our luggage. As I repeat her words, my mother takes full advantage of Shizune's hands being busy to grab most of my girlfriend's luggage away from her.

Upon realizing what's happening, Shizune stops signing any further protests and feebly attempts to hold onto the one bag she has left. My mother only smiles at her. I recognize that grin. It's that same one she gave me when I was a child and I protested something that she insisted upon. In the end, she always got her way. Today is no exception.

Gently but firmly, my mother takes the luggage from Shizune's grasp. My girlfriend looks at me in a panic, at a loss of what to do.

I can only grin sheepishly and shrug, shaking my head as my parents smile from ear to ear at her and then exchange glances each other.

My mother answers her. "Nonsense, my dear! You're our son's girlfriend, and our guest now. We wouldn't have it any other way! Besides, we want to hear all about you, and how you two met."

I hurriedly sign her words for Shizune as my father takes the last of my luggage. He meets my gaze briefly and he grins widely, whispering, "She's quite the catch, son! I'm impressed..."

I decide not to repeat his words for Shizune.

Looking back at my her, I see her looking between me and my parents forlornly. She's at a complete loss. [Hisao...] signs feebly, not sure what to even say.

I smile, signing to her, ["You should just let them carry your luggage, Shizune," I tell her, as if she really had any other choice. ["Once my mother makes up her mind about something, there's not much anyone can do to change it."] My mother smiles smugly at my words, my father chuckling in answer.

"He's right, Shizune," my father adds as I sign his words for Shizune. "I spent the first half of our marriage foolishly trying." My mother looks up at him with a raised eyebrow. He grins wickedly and adds, "I was much happier when I realized the futility of it all and just let her have what she wanted."

"Since when have you ever just 'let me have my way' in the last twenty five years, Hakuri!?" she asks, furrowing her brow at him.

He laughs, "Well, I have to at least put up a fight," he says with a wink as he hefts my luggage and starts walking, causing us all to follow. "I can't let you think I'm a pushover," he adds over his shoulder. My mother sighs visibly at his words as I continue to sign what they both say. Shizune looks on, clearly taken aback by their exchange, but the first hints of a smile peaking at the corners of her lips.

Then my father adds as he glances back at Shizune and I, "Be sure you remember that son. Put up a fight, but you'll both be much happier if in the end you just tell her, 'yes dear'." Sighing heavily as I partly glare at him, I sign his words for Shizune. At last she starts to smile at this, the anxiety finally starting to visibly leave her.

When I finish repeating his words for her, Shizune glances back at my father, who winks at her over his shoulder. Meeting his gaze, she grins wryly, sharing a smile with him. Looking back at me, she signs, [Your father's right, you know. The sooner you start practicing that bit of advice, the happier we'll both be, dear.]

She then adds, [But you don't need to put up a fight, I'll just pretend I don't think you're a pushover. It'll save us both a lot of trouble.]

I glare at Shizune, choosing not to translate for my parents. The way they chuckle when they glance back at us, though. They don't need me to, it's clear by watching the two of us what was said.

Shizune smiles back at me from ear to ear, clearly much more relaxed as we all make our way through the train station towards the parking garage.

As the four of us walk through the busy terminal, my mother asks, "So how did you two meet?"

I sign her words for Shizune, ready to give the answer, when suddenly my girlfriend starts to sign. I immediately start to speak for her, stumbling over the first few words as I push down what I was about to say in answer. [Hisao was placed into my class when he joined, and we were assigned to do group work together. We started to talk, and after a few days, I was able to convince him to join the Student Council.]

"Oh, you joined the Student Council, Hisao?" my mother asked, impressed. "I must say that's quite a surprise," she add while I sign her words back to Shizune.

["I did,"] I tell her simply. ["Shizune was the Class President. She was very convincing."]

My mother laughs in response, glancing over her shoulder at us. "She must have been!" she answers with a smile at Shizune. My girlfriend glances back and forth between the two of us as as I sign while my mother continues, "Hisao was never one for extra curricular activities, Shizune. He always was something of a goof-off. For you to have snared him for the Student Council is quite the achievement!"

It's not until I'm done signing her words for Shizune that the meaning of it dawns upon me. I'm so caught up in trying to sign for everyone else that I find it difficult to try and put in my own part of the conversation.

I don't know how Misha did it.

When the meaning of my mother's statement registers, I cry out in protest. My mother smirks at me over her shoulder. Shizune is now smiling from ear to ear, and takes the opportunity to answer my mother, adding insult to injury.

[Oh, I saw that right away,] she signs. I reluctantly speak her answer while frowning slightly. This only serves to cause Shizune to smile more as she continues, [It wasn't easy to get him to join, or to keep him engaged at first, but I managed it in the end.] I can't keep the irritation out of my voice as I use it for Shizune's words.

She goes on, [sometimes I wondered if it was worth it, but I never back away from a challenge.]

My father smirks at this, glancing back and throwing in, "Yes, you'd have to be a tenacious woman to get our Hisao motivated."

"Dad!" I protest, not signing his words.

"Don't be rude, dear," my mother tells me. "Be sure you sign for Shizune what your father and I say." Shizune looks on as my parents speak to me and I fail to sign, looking more amused than anything. She glances at me as we walk on, lifting an eyebrow in expectation. With a heavy sigh, I sign for her what my father and mother both said.

Her resulting smirk only makes me more chagrined.

She lifts her hands and signs her answer. [He actually did a great deal to help the Student Council and the school, when all was said and done. I was very impressed with him, and couldn't be happier with everything he did for the school...and for me.]

I speak her words about myself, now feel increasingly awkward as I do. Then Shizune adds, [but I did notice he's a goof off. I had to keep hassling him to get Council work done.] I scowl at her, unable to keep my irritation out my voice when I speak her words.

My father glances back, looking at me and then Shizune, who grins at him. He meets her smile and chuckles, looking forward again as he leads the four of us through the busy train station, hefting my luggage. My parents share a secret smile as we walk forward in silence for a few moments.

I glance over at my girlfriend, who only smirks at me, meeting my gaze with a tender, yet thoroughly amused eye.

What have I gotten myself into?
Last edited by sg1cat on Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hotkey

Re: Chapter 21

Post by Hotkey »

Cute! Always enjoy a 'Nakai family meets the girlfriend' scenario ^_^.
sg1cat wrote:"...you'd have to be a tenacious woman to get our Hisao to motivated."
I think there's something not quite right here?
sg1cat wrote:I don't know how Misha did it.
Aww... the past tense here makes me sad. Shizune and Hisao are moving on ^_^. Time waits for no one!
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

I've been looking forward to this since Shizune decided to some along with Hisao, and it did not disappoint. I almost feel sorry for Hisao. Between his mom and Shizune, he's gonna have a hard time getting in a word edgewise. :)
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Wow, Hisao's mother is rather... Shizune-like it seems.

And he'll want to kill his father by the time this is done.

Nope, this isn't Oedipal at all. :lol:
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Mournful3ch0

Post by Mournful3ch0 »

bhtooefr wrote:Nope, this isn't Oedipal at all. :lol:
Could have totally gone without that line for the rest of my life.
Just a few days ago, I was trying to remember the phrase for that and was actually glad that I couldn't remember. Damn.
Image "Forsooth, that line was feeble." - Courtesy of Mirage_GSM
Image "It occurs to me that maybe I’m an idiot." - Thanks to Jaspirian
motokid108

Post by motokid108 »

Another great chapter my friend. I love the back and forth dialogue and parents crude joke at the beginning. Also i dont remember exactly where, but i noticed a missing closing bracket. Just throwing that out there
Hanako≥Shizune>Lily>Natsume>Miki>Yuuko>Emi

ImageImage
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Wait, wait, wait, wait. Hisao joins the Student Council in June, gets Shizune as a girlfriend in August, and his parents are only learning this now, in March?

I can see Hisao not mentioning bringing Shizune home with him, but keeping his parents that far out of the loop seems a bit much.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
sg1cat

Post by sg1cat »

griffon8 wrote:Wait, wait, wait, wait. Hisao joins the Student Council in June, gets Shizune as a girlfriend in August, and his parents are only learning this now, in March?
What makes you think his parents didn't know about Shizune being his girlfriend before they arrived?