Favourite artworks - reprise.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Potato

Re: Favourite artworks - reprise.

Post by Potato »

KeiichiO wrote:Conquer your fears, young Ikezawa.
D'awww. <3

If only Hanako were confident...

I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Xaredian
Location: Elysium, Crytar, Terranova, somewhere in the universe

Post by Xaredian »

SpunkySix wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:Oh god, Misha's legs look fucking hilarious for some reason

Like she has the legs of a 10 year old
Oh, really? I was going to say that they looked nice, but... well darn. Oh well, legs are overrated.
As a swimmer.
I must request you too...
Take that back. QAQ
To be remembered by anyone after death is the goal of basically every soul that's lived in this world.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I'm glad Hanako isn't super confident now. Kind of ruins her whole vibe.

And no, I take nothing back. Legs are expendable.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Potato wrote:If only Hanako were confident...
If only her scars were on the correct side :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Potato wrote: If only Hanako were confident...

The "KS lookalikes" thread is over yonder --->
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

Munchenhausen wrote:Oh god, Misha's legs look fucking hilarious for some reason

Like she has the legs of a 10 year old
That's because, as nice as the individual elements of the picture look, anatomy and perspective are important.

Just doing some quick eyeballing:

The vanishing point appears to be right next to Shizune's head. Through the magic of perspective, Misha, being closer to the viewer, should be larger. Compare the shins of the two girls. If Shizune were to stand, she would tower head and shoulders over Misha.

But that's actually Shizune's problem. Unless that's a comically small park bench, Shizune is a giant. On average, your lower leg (knee to ankle) accounts for about 25% of your height. The standard seat height is about 18 inches. For the math-impaired, that means, sitting in a normal seat, a 6-foot tall individual would create a right angle with his knees when sitting with his feet planned on the floor. Shizune is wearing heels, but they don't look to be more than 2 inches thick. Nevertheless, her knees are still pointed upward, so I'd estimate her knee-to-heel at no less than 20 inches (probably closer to 24). Under normal proportions, that would make her somewhere between 80 inches (6 foot, 8 inches) and 96 inches (8 feet) tall, with two-inch heels on top of that!
Seeing as the rest of her body does in fact look somewhat normal-proportioned, that would actually put her closer to 69 inches (5 foot, 9 inches), with freakishly long legs.

But Misha still isn't safe from the cruel god of bad anatomy. Right off the bat, her body is twisted almost as much as her drills. Seeing that aside, something really bizarre is going on with her lower body. Her shirt gives a helpful anatomical indicator, as that point in the back (the middle of the "w" in the back) should line up with the cleft of her buttocks. The curve needed to line up with the visible parts of the legs is, well, rather dramatic.

Also, (and I'm surprised I'm even saying this) her thighs aren't fat enough. Whittle they do taper, each though is half of a butt. She clearly has the butt, but there's no wary those toothpicks sticking out from under her skirt are the source of that butt.

And, to continue, the knees are too low (making the thighs freakishly long), the legs don't even match each other, and she normally wears shorter socks.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
Xaredian
Location: Elysium, Crytar, Terranova, somewhere in the universe

Post by Xaredian »

SpunkySix wrote:I'm glad Hanako isn't super confident now. Kind of ruins her whole vibe.

And no, I take nothing back. Legs are expendable.
QAQ
Silentcook wrote:
Potato wrote: If only Hanako were confident...

The "KS lookalikes" thread is over yonder --->
I wonder, how many times we've posted a picture of Saber, from Fate/Stay night. Because we thought it was Lilly.
To be remembered by anyone after death is the goal of basically every soul that's lived in this world.
linkoid

Post by linkoid »

ProfAllister wrote: That'sbecause,asniceastheindividualelementsofthepicturelook,anatomyandperspectiveareimportant. Justdoingsomequickeyeballing:ThevanishingpointappearstoberightnexttoShizune'shead. Throughthemagicofperspective,Misha,beingclosertotheviewer,shouldbelarger.Comparetheshinsofthetwogirls.IfShizuneweretostand,shewouldtowerheadandshouldersoverMisha.Butthat'sactuallyShizune'sproblem. Unlessthat'sacomicallysmallparkbench,Shizuneisagiant.Onaverage,yourlowerleg(kneetoankle)accountsforabout25%ofyourheight. Thestandardseatheightisabout18inches. Forthematheimpaired,thatmeans,sittinginanormalseat,a6foottallindividualwouldcreatearightanglewithhiskneeswhensittingwithhisfeetplannedonthefloor. Shizuneiswearingheels,buttheydon'tlooktobemorethan2inchesthick. Nevertheless,herkneesarestillpointedupward,soI'destimateherkneetoheelatnolessthan20inches(probablycloserto24). Undernormalproportions,thatwouldmakehersomewherebetween80inches(6foot,8inches)and96inches(8feet)tallwithtwoinchheelsontopofthat Seeingastherestofherbodydoesinfactlooksomewhatnormalproportioned,thatwouldactuallyputhercloserto69inches(5foot,9inches),withfreakishlylonglegs.ButMishastillisn'tsafefromthecruelgodofbadanatomy. Rightoffthebat,herbodyistwistedalmostasmuchasherdrills. Seeingthataside,somethingreallybizarreisgoingonwithherlowerbody.Hershirtgivesahelpfulanatomicalindicator,asthatpointintheback(themiddleofthe"w"intheback)shouldlineupwiththecleftofherbuttocks. Thecurveneededtolineupwiththevisiblepartsofthelegsis,well,ratherdramatic. Also(andI'msurprisedI'mevensayingthis)herthighsaren'tfatenough. Whittletheydotaper,eachthoughishalfofabutt.Sheclearlyhasthebutt,butthere'snowarythosetoothpicksstickingoutfromunderheherskirtarethesourceofthatbutt. And,tocontinue,thekneesaretoolow(makingthethighsfreakishlylong),thelegsdon'tevenmatcheachother,andshenormallywearsshortersocks.
HHHNNNGGG!!!
Last edited by linkoid on Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neio

Post by neio »

ProfAllister wrote:Unless that's a comically small park bench, Shizune is a giant.
It's canon.
It's canon.
shizune giant.png (668.35 KiB) Viewed 4222 times
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
linkoid

Post by linkoid »

neio wrote:
ProfAllister wrote:Unless that's a comically small park bench, Shizune is a giant.
shizune giant.png
She's at the stuffed animal dorms.
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:I'm glad Hanako isn't super confident now. Kind of ruins her whole vibe.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

God I love tsunderes.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

neio wrote:
[shizune giant.png]
Attack on Yamaku?
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
neio

Post by neio »

Munchenhausen wrote: Attack on Yamaku?
Hanako_no_Kyojin.gif
Hanako_no_Kyojin.gif (1.55 MiB) Viewed 4171 times
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

neio wrote:I'VEGOTTOGODOSOMETHING.gif
You, sir, have won my heart.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon